• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waterparks and lightning with cabana

TeamBlack

Mouseketeer
We have 2 waterpark days on our next trip. We have cabanas reserved at both TL and BB. I read that the TL cabanas have a lightning rod and are storm safe. What happens at BB if there's lightning? Are you allowed to stay at your cabana?

We have 2 waterpark days on our next trip. We have cabanas reserved at both TL and BB. I read that the TL cabanas have a lightning rod and are storm safe. What happens at BB if there's lightning? Are you allowed to stay at your cabana?

I've done cabanas at both. I do think you're right in that all of the cabanas at TL are lighting-safe (don't totally rely on that but I 'think' that's the case). The one we had a few weeks ago was (we discussed this with the CM, he pointed out the lighting rods on ours and the ones around us)... and I 'think' all of the TL cabanas are the same type of structure. The CM did point out that you'd still likely get wet if it was a really bad storm with wind as the cabanas are pretty much just a roof and floor, no sides.

At BB, there are some cabanas that are more of a structure with lighting rods, but many cabanas there do not have a roof/lighting rods. We like to get the cabana near the kids area which is a structure and safe during storms, but there are plenty of cabanas that are really just patios and no roof. I'm sorry I don't know how many actual storm-safe structures there are.

Hope that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter