• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waterpark summer late afternoon crowds?

Minnie824

DIS Veteran
We've always gone to the waterparks first thing in the morning and left by noonish. However, next summer we're thinking of getting the waterpark & more option and just spending a couple hours there on different days. If we arrived at Typhoon Lagoon on a weekday around 3pm in July, is it really crazy crowded? Does it stay bad until closing time? We won't be planning on doing everything, just spending some time there, hopefully crush n gusher and then the wave pool. Thanks!

We did this last week, we found chairs easily at both parks but found TL much less busy then BB. However both parks thinned even more after the afternoon rain and almost everything at TL was walk on.

Thanks for the info! I plan to just leave that evening open, and hopefully we can go around 3 or later, depending on the weather. Even if we'd get there at 5 that would be 3 hours at the park, so that would be good.

I would check also because in the summer it is very regular for the water parks to close at capacity for hours. As soon as a rain storm crowds will then out though.

We always go later in the day, the last 3 times (last month, and this month) we got totally rained out around 5 or 6 pm. The park pretty much shut down, if it did reopen, it would have been only for an hour or so. If you wanted to stay you must stay out of the water, and under shelter. (very crowded) Keep in mind this is only due to lightning, not rain. If it's just rain no problem. It seemed very crowded too. either park. 2 days were week ends, one was a Tuesday. After school started it seemed less crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter