Waterpark - BB or TL

allie_to_you

A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes...
We have never been to any of the Disney waterparks, but are considering one of them for our trip next September. It will be me, our 4 year old and my DH.

What are your opinions on which is better...Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon? Also, do any of you know if there is an observer rate or anything? My DH is a paraplegic & in a wheelchair and would not be swimming or getting in the water at all. Does Disney charge full price for someone just going in to help watch our daughter and observe?

The TL vs BB is a question that really doesn't have a "right" answer. They're both a ton of fun, despite what many here say. I would say your 4 year old may enjoy BB a bit more because the little kids area is a bit better. The 4 year old will probably be just old enough to do the little iceberg crossing where they jump from pad to pad (like lilly pads, except in the shape of icebergs) with a rope to grab up above to help them. There are two of them, one for smaller kids. Also there is a nice area just for young kids too. BB wave pool is much more gentle and there are a number of smaller slides at BB.

TL has a kids area too, which is a lot of fun. It also has good slides that kids can do. The wave pool is intense, you'd want to keep a 4 year old at the very shallow end. If he/she is a thrill seeker at 4 years old, there are a few fun slides you can do together there (crush-n-gusher, family tube ride...forget the name). Either way, you'll have plenty of fun.

Don't know the answer to the observer part, but I'd have to guess they have something.

I've always liked BB better. The waterslides are just better overall. The ones at TL are kind of tame (although Crush n Gusher is fun). Lots of people like the big wave at the lagoon, but the lagoon's size means less diversity of waterslides.

I personally like TL better but for a 4 yo I'd suggest BB. The kids section at BB is much better than at TL.

BB :cool1:

The theme is great for a younger one and the kids area is very well designed!
The wave pool is calmer.
Has a lazy river.
Family raft ride is great.
Might be able to enjoy some of the Ski Patrol Area, and a couple of those slides allow adults.

Last edited:
I like BB more because it has more attractions, but TL has a better theme and looks nicer. For a 4 year old I think BB kid area should be good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter