• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Water Transporation between Epcot Resorts

MadMadamMim

Mouseketeer
We're staying at YC in November, and might want to take the boat over to BW for the evening - how late do the boats run back and forth between the resorts?

Thanks in advance!

Don't bother with the boat---Boardwalk is a VERY short (about five minute) walk from the YC. It will take you longer on the boat.

If you are at the Yacht Club, you will enjoy taking the boat to MGM Studios. It is a short, but nonetheless enjoyable ride. If you are in no rush, you can take the boat to EPCOT, but it is quicker to walk.

Currently, the Friendship Cruisers will run until 1 hour after Epcot or Studios closes (whichever is later).

FC used to be classified as "Attractions," however now they are classified under "Disney Transport." I'm hoping that with this classification, we can get them to run until the latter park is fully clear (11ish). If the Disney/MGM Studios closes at 9:00, and has a 9:00 Fantasmic... Those guests only have a half hour to catch the boat. And with thousands of people all exiting at once, it takes time for people to get out, especially those who might not move as quickly as others.

Once that boat shuts down... the only alternative is to walk back to the resort. And that can be quite a walk.

Don't get me wrong... as a bus driver, we are more than happy to take you back to your resort after the boats shut down, but they really should stay open later. (This is something I have brought up with mgmt). And unfortunetly, a lot of guests don't realize that they just need to ask us... (It's an unofficial thing... there is no set bus for it... we'll just pull an empty bus aside, and have them do the quick drop off and then come back.)

definitely walk...if you miss it by even a few minutes you will be waiting about 20 minutes...the walk is less than 5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter