water temps for dec @ castaway cay

cmatt

islandman wanna be jimmy buffett is my hero
Any one know what the water and climate temps are in the bahamas in the later part of dec and early jan are ?
or a web link i can go to ?
for all caribbean temps

thanks email me at mattco79@hotmail.com

pirate: :wave:

A little chilly. We were on the 12/14 Freeport cruise, and the water in both Freeport and CC must have been in the 60s at best. I'm not that good a judge of water temp, but it seemed colder than your average swimming pool.

Hope this helps.

Totally depends on where you're from and what you're used to. It was tolerable for me, fine for DH, and 7 year old nearly froze to death (no body fat will do that to you!)

Snorkeling in Nassau the adults were warned to watch their language when they hit the water (and they weren't kidding--I found myself having to restrain my self from colorful metaphors!)

The Bahamas are no further south than Florida...and the water temp can get chilly. I far preferred the temp at CC when we were then in June.

We were on the 12-27-03 Eastern, and the water was fine on Castaway Cay. My DW, who is always cold, was comfortable snorkeling for over an hour, so it must have been close to 70 degrees.*

It did start sprinkling in the afternoon, and it seemed like everyone abandoned the island. Didn't bother us, we were already wet from snorkeling. We rented bikes and rode them as far as you are allowed to in the sprinkles, and it was perfectly comfortable.

* It should be noted that is hovers around 100 degrees here, and DW is known at her work for spending her summer lunch hours out on the back patio, in a sweater, drinking coffee and having a hot cup of soup for lunch, so if the water temperature was okay for her, it must have been pretty warm.

It really depends on the year...and sunny vs. overcast. We've had winter cruises where the snorkeling on CC was great, and then we had one where it was "turn blue COLD".

However, in 5 winter cruises, we've only had one time when CC wasn't warm and Magical.

jamacia, st thomas, caymans, where are the warmest spots in dec and jan ??

virgin islands, ???? domincan republic punta canna
mexico cancun ? cozmel ?

or do you have to go to australia ?
or south pacific islands

like 80 degree water temps and 90 degree days

any help out there ???

thanks cmatt pirate:

looking for warm climate over the holidays ??

pirate: thanks cmatt

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter