Water Taxi in St. Martin

Back in January of this year, it was still $6 for the whole day.

TaTa4Now1968 said:
I was wondering if the water taxi in St. Martin was still $6 for the whole day?

In February it was $6 for the whole day. This is my favorite port, Love the beach, swimming with your ship in the background makes for awesome pictures!

Anyone have a picture of what these look like?

DH was asking and I couldn't explain.

Anyone have a picture of what these look like?

DH was asking and I couldn't explain.

The dock with red awning is where the water taxi is - very well marked from the pier.

DCL2012-2012-07-03-at-14-46-15-M.jpg

Close up of the dock with a taxi:

DCL2012-2012-07-03-at-11-44-50-M.jpg

On the taxi:

DCL2012-2012-07-03-at-08-48-41-M.jpg

Taxi coming in to dock at the western end of the boardwalk. There are two stops, one at each end of the boardwalk. I'm not sure of the advantage of one over the other, but the western end is more scenic. Front Street is short, it doesn't really matter.

DCL2012-2012-07-03-at-11-33-21-M.jpg

The courthouse at the end of the dock, which is why I like the western dock.

DCL2012-2012-07-03-at-11-30-01-M.jpg

The first stop tends to be where all the people get off, so you can probably have the taxi to yourself at the second stop. It reverses the route for the return to the ship ( or did on July 3) and takes about 5 - 10 minutes.

Dirk

IF its really busy, like when you first are aloud to disembark, we usually walk. Its about 15 min to the downtown beach area.

IF its really busy, like when you first are aloud to disembark, we usually walk. Its about 15 min to the downtown beach area.

We will be staying behind a little bit, so it is less crazy then when you are allowed to disembark. So hopefully we will not have a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter