• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Water Socks at Blizzard Beach?

disney's daughter

DIS Veteran
We plan on going to Blizzard Beach...next month...Yes....February...Brrrrr..
I've never been there before...Do we walk around barefoot?....tevas?...water socks? How far are the "activities" from where we will be "camping out" with our towels and bags?..How big is the park? Is the ground "rough" where we will be walking to get on the rides and slides? :confused3

I guess..I need to know how to prepare before we go...Any information would be GREATLY appreciated... :Pinkbounc

Hi!

I find that a pair of water shoes of some sort is a must. The pathways can beat up your feet. I read on another thread that as long as your water shoes don't have any metal parts on them, they will be fine. You can also wear your water shoes on most of the slides.

I personally put all of my stuff in a locker, but the lounges aren't far.

As far as the size of the park, there is some walking to be done depending on what slides, etc, you plan to hit.

BB is a large park, plan on walking. We usually rent a locker for our valuables, like room keys and park tickets. If you happen to have your own beach towels, take them. I learned the hard way, it's expensive to use the towels there. First, they are flimsy, and, most importantly, if someone takes yours, you don't get your deposit back.

Thank you so much for the information....So..would my teva sandals be ok..or should I purchase water shoes? What about the grandchildren..ages..nine, eight, six, and thirteen?...What do the other kids their ages wear on their feet....the water shoes, also? :teeth:

Yes...I planned on bringing our own towels....Disney ones with our names on them..! :cool1:
One of my grandchildren said, "Nana...You and Aunt Diana could just sit and hold our stuff for us..."....I thought..."Nope"...if I go...I WILL play....I just have to sort everything out for this "adventure"..that's all... :Pinkbounc :rolleyes: :bounce:...and look like "I know what I am doing!"

I would get the water shoes for everyone in your party, personally.

I don't know whether or not they will allow you to ride the slides with the Tevas; perhaps someone else can give you more info on that aspect.

For adults I think the sandles would be okay- my husband wore his when we went in 2004. But for kids water shoes with closed toe would be safer- since there is lots of walking, stairs, etc- I just find it better for kids to have closed toe/heel shoes when out of doors

But shoes are a definite in that park- the feet will get shreded when waterlogged and walking on all that gritty pavement (needs to have the grit for safety)

Have fun!

When I was there about a year ago, the great majority of people were barefoot. There were a few people with watershoes, but not many at all. My family and I did'nt wear anything on our feet and we were fine. :confused3
If you don't already have the water shoes, imo I would just wear nothing. If it makes you feel safer though, go for it. :)

I wouldn't go without water socks!! Just FYI, they have really nice ones for sale at the park. They are $19.00 I think and are very durable and look nice. We buy a new pair every year for the kids. They are a must for us.

I always wear water shoes. My feet are sensitive and the twigs and debris along the paths hurt my feet. My dh never wears water shoes. He says it doesn't bother him.

We have a water park near us, and you cannot have anything on your feet with metal on it. No buckles or snaps or anything like that. Not on bathing suits, either. I found that out the hard way....we went, and my son had a bathing suit with a couple of metal rings, and a zippered pocket. They would not let him on the slides! I had to buy him a bathing suit in the gift shop ($$$) . I imagine most water parks would have a similar rule. They don't want the slides all scrathched up.

I wouldnt even dream of going to a water park without the Walmart knock off version of The Sea Shore type water shoes. They are as comfy as tennis shoes and yo can wear them on all the rides. The bottom surface of all the pools are like sand paper on my bare feet after you have been in the pool all day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter