Water slide at Davy Crockett: any restrictions or DCR tips?

sarahc

DIS Veteran
Long time, no post! Haven't been on the forum in a long time but it looks like an Autumn trip to DLP may be in the offing and we want to try DCR this time.:banana:
My DD (10) and DS (5) love their water slides though and I'm wondering whether DS will be able to go on the one at Blue Springs pool? Anyone know what the restrictions are or whether DH or I can take him down on a lap?
Also if anyone has been recently can offer some tips, I would appreciate it as it looks as though the thread on the hotel sticky may not have been updated in a while.
Thanks!
Sarah

I don't think there's any restrictions on the water slide, my DD goes down it every year we've been, the first two years my partner went down with her on his lap, but last year (on her third birthday) she went down on her own with him about 2 seconds after and we've not been told off haha.

I've stayed at DCR 3 years in a row, this year will be my fourth year. So if you have any questions I can help x

Hi Sarah,

It's a great little water slide. Not too high, but high enough to get up to a good speed!

No obvious age/height restrictions that I'm aware of.

Traffic light system at the top to let you know when to go, although most people just look down over the edge of the platform to see people splashing down.

We've been using the pool for years, and seen lots of parents going down with kids on laps. Also lots of kids (inc. mine) going down one after another :scared1:

Would recommend going during the day, as you can have the pool to yourself for hours when most people are at the park. It can get a lot busier during the evenings.

Other tips:

- Would consider booking the older style 2 bed cabin. Cheaper, and a better/cozier lay out in my opinion, inc. a sofa bed in the lounge (my kids loved using this, whilst watching the Disney Channel), and a bath with shower (new cabins just have showers).
- The site shop is expensive. Okay for the odd baguette, but much better to stock up via the local Auchan supermarket at Val de Europe.
- Try the buffet at the Davy Crockett tavern one night. Atmosphere could be a little better, but the food is consistently good :thumbsup2
- If you arrive at the Disney car park late am (when the parking attendants have finished), keep weaving past all of the traffic cones, and you'll generally find a parking space at the very front of the car park.

Have a fantastic time!

Great news about the slides! Thanks, my two will love it!
Thankyou for the tips too: we were umming and ahhing about whether or not to spend extra on a premium but it sounds as though we'd be better off going basic and spending what we save in the Tavern!:cool1:
Will no doubt be after more tips shortly! Thanks for the replies!:thumbsup2

My advise is don't do the premium plus cabin, the extra's wasn't worth it. The coffee machine didn't work and neither did the free internet. We're doing the premium cabin as your closer to the shop and get a little veranda out front with a picnic table (it's an extra 75.99) where as the cabin they include in the price doesn't have a little bit out the front to sit. Which we missed when the child went to bed and had to sit in the lounge area instead of out in the sun in the evening.

The characters will also be out the front of the shop, for you to have pictures with so it's best to go up in the evening, I think it was around 6-7pm. They also have the same characters, Minnie or mickey, goofy, donald and pluto. Though last year they also had the robin (the fox from robin hood)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter