Water shoes in water parks?

elgerber

DIS Veteran
I have read in the past that water shoes are a must at the water parks, as the pavement is really hot. Is this the case? In all our trips, we've never done a water park, but my dd really wants to go to TL next week. She has a pair of water shoes from this summer, but the rest of us do not, and you cannot buy them in Minnesota in October.

If they are a must, can you buy them there? Of course I'm sure they would be pricey, but burnt feet don't sound like fun either.

Thanks!

They definitely help, as the pavement can get very hot. Kids don't seem to mind as much & if the pavement is wet it helps, but having the water shoes is definitely a plus. You can buy them there or in DTD, also.

We were at BB on Saturday. I didn't think they were necessary at all. Have fun on your trip!

water shoes are wonderful. I don't know about Disney because on our last trip we didn't visit a water park, but some waterparks are not allowing them down the slides anymore. They are damaging the slides, at least that is what we were told while at Dollywood.

Lands End Overstock has some nice water shoes on sale!! I'll be buying some for myself and my dd's for our upcoming May '07 trip!!!

The pavement was hot for us, but fine for coming in and out of the pools and rides. IT would be fine to throw your flip-flops on to walk to the rest room or go to the lunch places (which are near the entrance).

Like you, we never seemed to get to a water park. We tried BB, and it was fun, but now we are perfectly content hanging out at our resort pool and skipping the whole bus trip to a water park.

For me water shoes are a must, however, my dh and ds never wear them. The sidewalks are watered down for the most part with sprinklers. It's not the heat that bothers me, it's the debris from the trees.

In June @ TL, they were permitted on all slides, etc., even in shark swim.

DH fussed when I bought him his 1st pair...he thanked me profusely throughout the day for forcing him to wear them:teeth: . Not only is pavement hot but, you do a surprising amount of walking to & fro.

Personally, I appreciated the "grab" they gave pn the wave pool's bottom - when they say 6 foot waves they're not kidding...what a blast!

None of us wore them in August. Some places the walkway is hot but you can easily avoid those few spots. We wore flip flops to walk in from the parking lot.

hopelea said:
water shoes are wonderful. I don't know about Disney because on our last trip we didn't visit a water park, but some waterparks are not allowing them down the slides anymore. They are damaging the slides, at least that is what we were told while at Dollywood.

Lands End Overstock has some nice water shoes on sale!! I'll be buying some for myself and my dd's for our upcoming May '07 trip!!!

Oh, thanks a lot! Now I went to the Lands End site and found that they didn't have the watershoes in my kids sizes (probably because they're no longer in "kids" sizes!) so while I was looking at what they had in women's sizes, found some more shoes I needed for me! DH will be thrilled :rolleyes: since we just placed a $225 order yesterday from them. But I did call them and explain and although they couldn't add them to my original order, they waved shipping on the new shoes. I love Lands End!

I think it really depends on how how hot the day is. IMHO they are a must on very hot days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter