Water Shoes for BB- anyone seen them in stores up North??

ericandliz

Earning My Ears
We leave this Wed. for a few days @ Disney and I am trying to find some water shoes for Blizzard Beach. I ordered some on a web site but just got an e-mail that they will not be here in time. Anyone seen any at any northern stores? We are in MN. I need adult and kid's sizes.

We're not up in Minnesota, but around here, we can buy water shoes year-round at Sports Authority.

I don't know about your area but here in Ct they have been on clearance for a few weeks and most stores are empty.
If you have a car you can find those type of shoes at any of the "gift" type stores in Orlando. I have seen them in Target and Walmart in Orlando too but not sure if they are seasonal there, some things are even in Orlando, like bathing suits.

We are renting a car as my 7 yr old son is autistic and we like to have that flexibility. However, we are thinking of going to Blizzard Beach direct from the airport as we have an early morning flight, so we wanted to avoid any extra stops to maximize our time at BB. We live near a Sports Authority so we will check that out today-never thought of that one, only checked out Walmart and Target here and there's just a lot of winter boots-ugh!

I'm pretty sure they also sell them at Blizzard Beach. Not sure what you'll pay there though.

We never use water shoes for the water parks. We have never had any problems - we wear sandals to the parks, but nothing in the park.

We leave this Wed. for a few days @ Disney and I am trying to find some water shoes for Blizzard Beach. I ordered some on a web site but just got an e-mail that they will not be here in time. Anyone seen any at any northern stores? We are in MN. I need adult and kid's sizes.

I know that Crocs work great as a water shoe. There is an outlet at Albertville. Otherwise you can try REI or Dicks. Gander Mtn and Cabelas should have theirs on clearance too. Good luck!

You might try LL Bean. If they have them in stock, you might be able to receive them by Tuesday. You might have to pay for expedited shipping.

I ordered a bag yesterday that I hope will arrive by then. They are usually very fast.

Sheila

I use to work for Payless Shoes and they do not ship the summer stuff out of the store. It is kept in the back. If yuo ask nicley when they are not busy you may find a sales associate who will look for you.

I always make my son wear water shoes...I am a bit of a germ freak :scared1:

I hate Walmart, but I'm a hypocrite and still go there once in awhile. There were always tons of cheap water shoes there, right by the regular shoes. They were cheap but they worked fine.

I'm in Minnesota too and am still seeing them for 75% off at Walgreens (I'm in the east metro).

I got mine at a local sporting goods store. I only went to TL, but I was glad to have them.

The last time I went to a waterpark barefoot, the textured concrete did major damage to my feet. I always wear water shoes now. I did see people wearing regular socks, though, so if you can't find water shoes, some regular socks might do the trick to protect your feet. Do they allow sandals like Tevas or Crocs on the slides at the Disney waterparks? I haven't been.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter