• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Water shoes and autograph/photo books

camom3

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I have a couple last minute questions -

Do the kids need water shoes for the shore at Castaway Cay or anywhere else on the Western?

Do they sell the autograph/photo books on the ship? I am looking for the book that has one side for the autograph and a plastic sleeve on the other side of the page to slip a photo into.

Thanks,

Jen :thumbsup2

My kids and I found the shoreline of Castaway Cay to be full of a million broken seashells. If your kids run around barefoot a lot, they probably wouldn't mind, but my kids and I went looking for other areas that weren't so jagged and ended up playing on a sand bar near where the banana boat rentals. (The sand around the beach chairs is fine! It's just where the water meets the beach that it's so rough.)

Swim shoes would have helped a lot!

-Jeff

I found the sand to be very hot in November, so beach shoes were a must for our DS...though naturally he throw them off and told me he didn't need them!!!

We started buying Teva sandals for our family. Even Grandma and Grandpa. They look like sandals (black on bottom, colored straps), but you can wear them in the water too. Great for excursions. They are VERY expensive in stores, but you can get them on ebay for a song. Very sturdy and won't come off your feet if you decide to keep them on in the water. Once lost a regular water shoe in an undertow--never again.

camom3 said:
Hi,

Do they sell the autograph/photo books on the ship? I am looking for the book that has one side for the autograph and a plastic sleeve on the other side of the page to slip a photo into.

Thanks,

Jen :thumbsup2

Yes - about $15 I think

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter