• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

water rides question

kayleigh83

Plotting my return...
Just a question... on rides where you are likely to get wet, like GRR and Splash, is there somewhere you can safely store your belongings so they don't get wet? I'll have my purse with me and I don't want it to get soaked!

I'm pretty sure there is a pouch you can put stuff in on GRR.
Splash doesn't get THAT wet unless you have your weight really displaced to one of the ends.

Take a lager ziploc bag that you purse will fit in if you are not goting to use the lockers at grr

I've also seen people use plastic bags from a grocery store on GRR. Don't know if it actually worked though... If it is valuable (camera, nice purse) I would use a locker.

No pouches on Splash or GRR, but the lockers at GRR are great to use. I just used a large plastic bag from one of the DL shops for splash. I dropped my purse in it and was good to go.

I agree about the weight distribution. The more weight in the front of a splash boat, the bigger the splash. the peeps in the front always get wet, but I've never gotten wet sitting in the back.

Good to know everyone, thank you! I'll try and remember to bring a couple plastic bags along in case we don't do any shopping before we ride!

My DH who had everything in his back pack, had all my stuff, and even though he got stuffed, had everything inside in a large 2 gallon ziplock. Everything was fine.

I always buy those huge (2gal I think) Hefty ziplocs and keeps them in each bag. Then before the ride we just put our whole bag in them.

We find it best to put things inside a Ziploc bag inside of our bag rather then a plastic/grocery bag. Also if you don't want to get wet immediately by just sitting down, bring a washcloth:-)

I agree with the statement that you will get soaked if the weight in your log is towards the front or back on Splash Mountain. My husband and I rode it by ourselves back in November and we got absolutely drenched! We were in the first two seats in the log. Totally worth it, though. I have a small purse I carried in the park that is imitation leather and although it did get wet, it wiped right off and everything inside was totally dry.

Others may correct me, but I think the drenching on Splash Mountain comes mostly from too much weight in the front -- with the front weighted down the wave caused by the log can slosh into the front of the boat.

The trick to staying dry is to put more weight in the back. That keeps the nose of the log up high so the waves can't wash over the top.

Also note that evenly distributing the weight won't help if everyone in the log is heavy. Put five or six overweight adults in there and they will all get drenched, guaranteed.

I've been soaked in all areas of the log. If your log gets stopped at the top of the mountian just before the drop- you will get soaked. Trust me! :scared:

We bring several large and small ziplock bags with us. I put my camera and phone into a small ziplock in my purse. Credit cards and stuff don't really mater if they get wet. And I hold my purse on my lap and "protect" it. Between that and bags, my stuff doesn't get damaged. I haven't been on GRR in a long time because I get even more wet on that ride. I'd love to try it again but I find it really annoying to be that wet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter