• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Water rides end of January

bveilleu

Earning My Ears
We're heading back to the dark side at the end of January for 4 days before our disney cruise... We went in 2012 around the same time and we missed Jurassic Park ( refurb) and Dudley Do-Right's ( broken)... What are the chances that those water rides will be close again??? We're from Canada so we don't mind getting wet even if the temperature is not that warm! My kids wants to try these soo bad...

Not sure on them being shut down, but they were all open last week while we were there.

Jurassic park was my last ride of the day, on purpose. Not s huge fan of water rides. But my kids tdid popeyes right after since they were already wet. They passed on ripsaw.

I went in the 3rd week of January last year and both JP and Popeye were open. They are my favorites so I rode them numerous times.

The other posters are correct.Once Jan rolls around , the water rides go down one by one for annual refurb.When we were there at the end of Jan , Jurassic was down and the other 2 were open.Duddley didnt open till 10am though the parks opened at 8am while we were there.

Hopefully Jurassic and Dudley will be open... Never tried them yet.... We're big fans of Slash mountain so it's on top of our do-it list... even if the water is not heated!

Hopefully Jurassic and Dudley will be open... Never tried them yet.... We're big fans of Slash mountain so it's on top of our do-it list... even if the water is not heated!

splash mountain?
wrong park.

you'll find that one at the motherland.

they dont dry completely.Instead of soaking wet you are left merely damp.The big ones are $5 if I remember correctly

They don't do anything if you are wearing all cotton!

I recommend wearing quick dry clothes for when you are going on the wet rides and do them all at once. That way you don't have to worry about drying between wet rides. Once you are done with them dry off and change into other clothes for the rest of your day.

Since my first language is french.... my message wasn't clear enough I guess LOL

I should have said: since we're big fans of Splash mountain type ride, we hope Jurassic river adventure and Dudley Do-Right will be open. Never try them and they're on top of our do-it list... even if the water is not heated!

Hope it makes more sense this time....:thumbsup2

They don't do anything if you are wearing all cotton!

I recommend wearing quick dry clothes for when you are going on the wet rides and do them all at once. That way you don't have to worry about drying between wet rides. Once you are done with them dry off and change into other clothes for the rest of your day.

Good idea, I was thinking of getting some frog toggs wet suits.
http://www.froggtoggswarehouse.com/...e2-rain-suit?gclid=CIS2-Lq7z7sCFawRMwodhzQABw

Can you suggest some inexpensive quick dry clothing.

Since my first language is french.... my message wasn't clear enough I guess LOL

I should have said: since we're big fans of Splash mountain type ride, we hope Jurassic river adventure and Dudley Do-Right will be open. Never try them and they're on top of our do-it list... even if the water is not heated!

Hope it makes more sense this time....:thumbsup2

Splash mountain is nothing like the water rides at Universal. You will look like you jumped into a pool with your clothes on when you get off Dudley Do Right. Popeye is even more of a soaking. Your shoes will also be soaked. Trust me it's nothing like the water rides at Disney.

Good idea, I was thinking of getting some frog toggs wet suits.
http://www.froggtoggswarehouse.com/...e2-rain-suit?gclid=CIS2-Lq7z7sCFawRMwodhzQABw

Can you suggest some inexpensive quick dry clothing.

Actually I like that. :) I tend to just think of workout clothing, otherwise.

Splash mountain is nothing like the water rides at Universal. You will look like you jumped into a pool with your clothes on when you get off Dudley Do Right. Popeye is even more of a soaking. Your shoes will also be soaked. Trust me it's nothing like the water rides at Disney.

So true. :) I say they don't even pretend that you might not get wet. They might as well just send you into a shower before going on rides like the Bilge Rat Barges.

I believe you... We tried Popeye last time... it was the only one we could ride at the end of January 2012... and we were soaked alright! We hope to spend half a day in the area doing these 3 water rides back and forth... and then going back to RPR to change clothes. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter