Water Purifier

BuzzPrincessMom

Mouseketeer
Hi,

Some where (maybe on this board or another Disney lover's site) I read about a water bottle that had a cartridge in it that purified water from the water fountains. I would love to get a few for our trip in June. Save some of my snack credits for snacks and not water!

Does anyone know where I can get a few?

Thanks

Brita bottle...I know people sell them on Ebay, perhaps also some where on the net. It looks like a sports water bottle. I think the bottle was $5-6, and the cartariges were $2 for 2 or 3(I forget)

There are a lot of kinds out there for a wide range of prices. Just google and you will see plenty. Some are for purifying unpure water sources and some just filter out the clorine etc.

I know someone who sells Mannatech and she has theirs and loves it. They are pretty expensive so I haven't tried it but she says compared to buying bottles of water it actually saves you money. I just googled that too and it was pretty easy to find.

Thanks for the info. I took your advice and googled and Asked...I found a Culligan SB-2 for just 7.99. The filter will do 150 gallons of water. Might be worth trying for our trip to save a little money.

-Kim

$7.99! Wow... that's less than 3 bottles of water at the world! I may have to look into this more seriously.

I also use the Brita Sport bottle. They work great for carrying around Disney. Although, they are a little tough to drink from for kids, I fill them and then squeeze the purified water into a cup for the kids. I've actually found them and replacement filters in a few grocery stores.

You are probably thinking of the Brita Sport Bottle. I found them at Walmart. They have little cartriges that filter the water. It's a great product.

For those of you who have used them at the World, how much of a pain are they to carry around all day?

They're slightly larger than a 20 oz bottle. If you have a stroller, bag, backpack, etc. you wouldn't even notice them.

Buy it you will like it. Or just buy bottle water.

BuzzPrincessMom,

I'm curious where you found the Culligan bottle for $7.99. I searched the web and was only able to find it at a greater cost.

Also, does anyone know if the Brita bottle has been discontinued in the U.S.? Doesn't seem like it can be found anymore. Someone mentioned they found it in Wal-Mart. Was that recently?

Thanks

I found it at the culligan online store....

Here is a copy of the link
http://www.culligan-store.com/product_detail.asp?T1=CUL SB-1

Copied from website:
$7.99
CUL SB-1
16 oz Squeezeable Bottle w/ Universal Filter

Filters water as you drink
Reduces Chlorine taste and odor
Filter life of 15 gallons

As for shipping - $5.95 for under $10 + $4 Handling...but if you purchase over $10 handling is free

Has anyone see the Brita one in Walmart recently?

-Kim

Just checked out on web and found another site for culligan water bottle...
www.waterfilters.net

The bottle is $2 more expensive but the shipping is cheaper.

I also have an e-mail into Culligan to see if I can purchase it from my local dealer.

Still no luck finding the Brita

Tanks Buzz - On the Cuilligan site, I don't seem to be able to find replacement filters. I wouldn't mind purchasing a few extra filters, which would also bring me over $10 and the free shipping.

FYI - Just spoke to Brita today and they have discontinued the Brita Sports Bottle. Said there just wasn't enough interest in it. Yikes! I just went on eBay and purchased 5 2-packs of the filters before I can't find any more! :sad2: We'd be lost without this at the World!

Tricia1972 said:
For those of you who have used them at the World, how much of a pain are they to carry around all day?

Not a pain at all, they fit in the side pockets of a backpack and also on my lanyard. I cannot believe the difference it made in not having to buy water!! :)

We've used the Brita sports bottles for many outings - but particularly in Florida where we don't like the taste of the water. If we hadn't had them at WDW, we would have spent a fortune on bottled water. The Brita bottles are made of a very sturdy, non-brittle plastic - which serves to provide some insulation to keep water cold. (We've had some of ours for 6 or 7 years, and they still work great. We've replaced a couple of filters, but we found that they worked to make the water taste great for a lot longer than is stated on the package.) They're a little large for small children to handle, but - as someone else suggested - you can squeeze the water out of the bottle into a cup for the little ones.

If you're concerned about weight, you don't have to fill them to the brim. The water gets filtered as it is squeezed (or sucked) out of the spout. When it starts to run low, just fill it from the drinking fountains or restroom faucets - (or you can get free water at any of the counter service eateries at WDW, and pour that into your Brita bottle). Although they don't come with a pouch and strap, we found a couple that will fit them - though we usually stash them in a backpack.

It's okay to add ice to the water. However, don't make the mistake of adding any flavored drink mixes or sodas, etc. Anything but plain water will clog the filter - (and possibly destroy its effectiveness no matter how hard you try to clean it).

It's true that Brita stopped making these bottles about a year ago. Some Wal-Mart stores sold their remaining stock at marked down prices, but that's been a while back. (They were originally $9 or $10, I think, and I didn't hear of them being marked down more than half price.) I was told by Brita that they would continue making the filters, but that no longer seems the case. If you can find them on a dusty shelf of a drugstore or Mom&Pop store, etc., snatch them up, because they're the greatest! Or, check out the auctions on eBay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter