Water Parks??

smorkovsky

Mouseketeer
Going in September '14.
Two adults, three kids. DD4, DS8, DS10

I've been convinced after a few posts and responses from you the better idea is to buy 4 day tickets, no park hopping. We are staying Sunday thru Saturday, and I know we will want to spend time at the resort just relaxing and swimming because that's how we are. Previously I was thinking 3 day park tickets and adding the water park fun and more option....three days for parks, two days for water parks, etc and resort time.

What do you experienced DWers think of the water parks? I feel like, after reading here so much, that we are going to want to spend more time at the parks because, really, if you've been to one water park, you've been to them all, and we live in Texas, so we've spent countless hours at Schlitterbahn.

In all of our trips, we haven't "graduated" to the water parks yet! Want the kids to be stronger swimmers and really, I dont think they will be much into thrill slides yet, so we can still wait. Also, it is not as relaxing for Mom and Dad. They do love, love, love the resort pool though, so we do that every day, and tour the parks in the am and evening.

The more park days you have, the less expensive they become...I believe I have read on here you see the fiscal benefit after an investment of 3 (could be 4) days. Anyway, I am a big fan of lots of park days, with daily pool breaks... especially as you have "schlitterbahned".

We absolutely love the water parks, and we've been to many others. But 3 park days is really shorting yourself IMO. We did 4 and could have really stood another Epcot day.

If you do go, BB would be the better choice for the 4 year old IMO.

We love the water parks, but I agree with PP that you will want 4 days in the parks. Maybe spread it out and take a day in the middle for a water park.

What do you experienced DWers think of the water parks? I feel like, after reading here so much, that we are going to want to spend more time at the parks because, really, if you've been to one water park, you've been to them all, and we live in Texas, so we've spent countless hours at Schlitterbahn.
Several years ago while working the Gate at TL I was talking to some Guests waiting outside the Gate prior to Park opening. They had said they lived near New Braunfels and went often to Schlitterbahn.

I happened do be at the Exit Gate when they left and they said to me "we now have a new favorite water park".

Honestly, I doubt you would be disappointed either way. But, based on our experiences, I think just focusing on the four major parks is a good choice for your first trip. The hotel pools are also very nice and enjoyable.

We did just the four parks on our first trip (When the kids were 5 and 7). We added the water parks on the second trip (when the kids were 10 and 13). They were a huge hit. We've been to three excellent water parks near home and enjoyed them every time, but Disney does water parks like they do theme parks, with something just a little bit "more."

This time we are splitting our trip between two of the major parks and the two water parks. I'm going to miss the two parks we cannot fit in to our schedule, but I'm really looking forward to those water park days.

Really, every park has something to offer, and you can't go wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter