• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Water Parks tickets in December

bkgilliam

Earning My Ears
We are going to disney 12/17-12/26 and I am contemplating on the water parks and more add on to our hopper pass. Has any one been during this time and know how the weather goes. I just wonder if I should realistically skip that because of the time of year. Thanks for all input.

well last year it was quite cold during that time. I would wait and add the waterpark feature, if and when you need it.

Chances are with a 9 day stay you will get at least one day that is nice enough. We will be there from Dec 14th-28th, it's the 3rd time in 4 years we've gone at this time. In 2008 it was heat wave while we were there with highs in the mid to high 80's, we went a couple times. Last year even though it was a cold Dec it still shot up to 85 one day and we went to Blizzard Beach that day. That's one of the nice things about a 14 night stay, it almost guarantees at least a couple of hot days. :)

2forme thanks for the info, but if i buy my hopper prior can i add on for the price difference. do you know

Chances are with a 9 day stay you will get at least one day that is nice enough. We will be there from Dec 14th-28th, it's the 3rd time in 4 years we've gone at this time. In 2008 it was heat wave while we were there with highs in the mid to high 80's, we went a couple times. Last year even though it was a cold Dec it still shot up to 85 one day and we went to Blizzard Beach that day. That's one of the nice things about a 14 night stay, it almost guarantees at least a couple of hot days. :)

so do you buy your passes with your hopper passes or add later

so do you buy your passes with your hopper passes or add later

We always buy when we book our package. It's especially worth it if any of the other stuff appeals to you, Disney Quest, golf, mini-golf, etc.

If you are only planning to have one water park or Disney Quest day you are much better off purchasing separate tickets.

If you add the Water Parks Fun and More option to your MYW ticket it will cost $58.58 (including tax) per person, adult or child. It will add one WPF&M entry per day on the base or hopper ticket (but two entries on a one day ticket).

If you purchase one day water park tickets they cost $52.19 adult and $43.67 child. (Disney Quest are $45.80/$39.41) If you are an Annual Passholder or DVC Member you can purchase one day water park tickets at an approximate 10% discount.

This upgrade may be done at any Park (including water parks or TTC) ticket booth or Guest Relations Office. If it is on your room key it can also be done at the Resort Lobby Concierge.

(Note each person must have their own ticket. Even though it adds multiple entries to your ticket, you can only use one ticket for one person.)

Also, if you are planning to do three or more water park visits within a year there is a definite price advantage to purchase Water Park Annual Passes.

We have two unusual policies at the water parks concerning ticketing. Both involve use of a one day water park ticket.

One is we will allow full value of the used WP ticket to upgrade to a WP AP as long as it is within 14 days of use.

The other, which is the only time combining tickets is allowed, is we will merge a used WP one day ticket with a MYW ticket to add the WPF&M option and only charge the difference in price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter