Water parks ticket option?

JessicaW1234

DIS Veteran
I wanted to learn about the add-on to your ticket for water parks, It gives the option to buy it one the web site for the length of your ticket (so for five day tix, five days at waterparks?)

Can I buy a shorter ticket for a six day trip (ex. 4 day, and go to parks 4 days and water parks the other two, or does that ticket fully expire after four days of park visits?

Does it make sense to just buy a one day ticket to the water park separately if that is all we will be doing?

Thanks!

I wanted to learn about the add-on to your ticket for water parks,

1- It gives the option to buy it one the web site for the length of your ticket (so for five day tix, five days at waterparks?)

2- Can I buy a shorter ticket for a six day trip (ex. 4 day, and go to parks 4 days and water parks the other two, or does that ticket fully expire after four days of park visits?

3- Does it make sense to just buy a one day ticket to the water park separately if that is all we will be doing?

Thanks!

1- Yes.

2- Nope. And, there's no need to do so, as the price is exactly the same if you add the Water Parks
Fun and More option to a 2-day ticket, 3-day ticket, 4-day ticket, 5... up to a 10-day ticket.
Same one-time charge of $59. (Or only $25, if you already have the Park Hopper option.)

3- Yes, but that ticket is very nearly the same price as adding the entire full upgrade. (One day WP ticket: $53 each.)

(All prices, plus 6.5% tax.)

I wanted to learn about the add-on to your ticket for water parks.

1. It gives the option to buy it one the web site for the length of your ticket (so for five day tix, five days at waterparks?)

2a. Can I buy a shorter ticket for a six day trip (ex. 4 day, and go to parks 4 days and water parks the other two,

2b. Or does that ticket fully expire after four days of park visits?

3. Does it make sense to just buy a one day ticket to the water park separately if that is all we will be doing?

Thanks!
2a. Yes. Blizzard Beach during the day, Disney Quest in the evening (only) -- Uses zero days and two fun visits.

2b. Nope. Water park fun visits do not expire simply because there are no theme park days remaining.

Don't forget, however, that after a 14 calendar day time span starting with first usage (theme park or water park) anything (theme park or water park) not used will have expired if you did not add non-expiration to the ticket.

My family always goes for 14 nights but only buys 10 day tickets. We get the water park and more option and then have what we call non park days and do the water park during the day, sometimes disney qwest at night. We enjoy those days just as much as days at the four major parks. It's a inexpensive way to stretch your vacation longer (especially in our case where after ten days you start back at day one pricing for tickets, and we don't go often enough for annual passes).

My family always goes for 14 nights but only buys 10 day tickets. We get the water park and more option and then have what we call non park days and do the water park during the day, sometimes disney qwest at night. We enjoy those days just as much as days at the four major parks. It's a inexpensive way to stretch your vacation longer (especially in our case where after ten days you start back at day one pricing for tickets, and we don't go often enough for annual passes).

Guess I never realized this ticket nuance before. Are you saying going to a waterpark does not count as a park day?

Guess I never realized this ticket nuance before. Are you saying going to a waterpark does not count as a park day?

That's right. It does not count as a park day.

This post includes the assumption you have a ten day MYW ticket with both the Park Hopper and Water Park Fun and More (WPF&M) options.

(Note, if you have a ticket of fewer than ten days, insert the number of days you have any time you see the number "ten" in this post.)

Hopefully this will make it a little clearer. In effect you have two tickets with different privileges on one card. Everything expires 14 days after first use unless you have the no-expire (NE) option. If you have the NE option all the entitlements are good until they are used up. Even if you use up all your major park days, the WPF&M entries remain valid until used. (Note you do not have to use the days consecutively.)

You have ten days of access to the four major parks (AK, DHS, EC, MK), and may visit more than one major park on a single day without any extra charges. Without the Park Hopper option you can only go to one major park per day.

You have ten entries to the minor parks (BB, DQ, OT, TL, WWS, FG, WSL). These may or may not be used on the same days as you go to the major parks. However, if you went to TL in the morning, Oak Trail* in the afternoon, and Disney Quest in the evening of one day you would have used three of the ten entries. (Note that leaving and returning to the same minor park on the same day does not use an extra entry.)

If you go to minor parks only on one day and do not go to a major park you do not use up one of your major park days.

If you were to go to a Water Park in the morning and then one of the major parks for the remainder of the day you would have used one minor park entry and one day of major park entry.

Note that with the MYW ticket unless you have the hopper option you can only go to one major park per day. Unless you have the WPF&M option you cannot go to a minor park without upgrading or purchasing a separate ticket.

*Oak Trail is a nine-hole "Executive" walking (no carts) golf course. Each person must have their own set of clubs and they can be rented for $15 per person if they don't bring their own.

Note if you have only a Base (non-hopper) ticket the cost to add WPF&M to any ticket is $62.84 (including tax) per ticket. If you already have hopping on your ticket, the cost to add WPF&M to the ticket is $26.63.

This post includes the assumption you have a ten day MYW ticket with both the Park Hopper and Water Park Fun and More (WPF&M) options.

(Note, if you have a ticket of fewer than ten days, insert the number of days you have any time you see the number "ten" in this post.)

Hopefully this will make it a little clearer. In effect you have two tickets with different privileges on one card. Everything expires 14 days after first use unless you have the no-expire (NE) option. If you have the NE option all the entitlements are good until they are used up. Even if you use up all your major park days, the WPF&M entries remain valid until used. (Note you do not have to use the days consecutively.)

You have ten days of access to the four major parks (AK, DHS, EC, MK), and may visit more than one major park on a single day without any extra charges. Without the Park Hopper option you can only go to one major park per day.

You have ten entries to the minor parks (BB, DQ, OT, TL, WWS, FG, WSL). These may or may not be used on the same days as you go to the major parks. However, if you went to TL in the morning, Oak Trail* in the afternoon, and Disney Quest in the evening of one day you would have used three of the ten entries. (Note that leaving and returning to the same minor park on the same day does not use an extra entry.)

If you go to minor parks only on one day and do not go to a major park you do not use up one of your major park days.

If you were to go to a Water Park in the morning and then one of the major parks for the remainder of the day you would have used one minor park entry and one day of major park entry.

Note that with the MYW ticket unless you have the hopper option you can only go to one major park per day. Unless you have the WPF&M option you cannot go to a minor park without upgrading or purchasing a separate ticket.

*Oak Trail is a nine-hole "Executive" walking (no carts) golf course. Each person must have their own set of clubs and they can be rented for $15 per person if they don't bring their own.

Note if you have only a Base (non-hopper) ticket the cost to add WPF&M to any ticket is $60.71 (including tax) per ticket. If you already have hopping on your ticket, the cost to add WPF&M to the ticket is $23.23.

Is it possible to add on to an AP?

Thanks for the awesome info. I never realized this before.

Ok - this seems like a good thread to ask ...
If I have my reservation in place on property, but I decide to arrive in Orlando a day early and stay offsite, can I activate my tickets by first going to a water park? Or do I first have to check into my onsite resort before my MYW with park hoppers take effect?

Ok - this seems like a good thread to ask ...
If I have my reservation in place on property, but I decide to arrive in Orlando a day early and stay offsite, can I activate my tickets by first going to a water park? Or do I first have to check into my onsite resort before my MYW with park hoppers take effect?

You can get your package tickets up to 3 days before you scheduled check-in date, but
the pick-up must be done at any Theme Park or DTD Guest Relations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter