• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Water Parks or not?

Pirate Dad

Dad of two pixie-dust daughters.
We're going on an 8-day trip in May (with my daughters 7 and 9) :cool1: and can't decide whether or not to add Water Parks. :confused3

I'd love to hear from all the Water Park lovers/haters out there in Disboard land...

I HAVE to go to both the Disney water parks while I am visiting. I just can't imagine not going. We go to both of them at least twice each :thumbsup2

The thing I like is that they offer fun but some relax time too. especially on days when you know the theme parks are going to be busy it's a nice escape.

Have you been to either of them before?:goodvibes

I love them!. If you have the time and the weather permits, by all means go!

If you like water parks then go. I really do not like them at. I hate being wet all day. I don't even ride the wet rides at the parks.

it all depends on how long we are going for if we add it on or not. most times it would be a last minute decision for us to go so we do not add it on to our tickets. they are fun but depends on what else you are doing that day if it is really worth it for you. we know people who go to the water parks just about everyday they are in wdw.

I went to Typhoon Lagoon when I was a little kid with my family. I can barely remember it, except that I loved the wave pool. :goodvibes

My DH and I can never seem to fit either of them in. First, we live about 45 minutes away from Wisconsin Dells, the self-anointed Water Park Capital of the world. Even if those water parks aren't themed as nicely as Disney, I guarantee there is much more variety as far as slides and other water rides at all of those WI-Dells parks, which we have frequented countless times throughout our life. Second, we think the Water Parks and more option is kind of a rip off. If we were to do a water park, we'd probably pick just one and pay at the gate for entry. :confused3 But, considering we live so close to so many water park options, I've never wanted to interrupt our Disney park times for water slides, which we can get at home.

That being said, we were going to reserve a day for either BB or TL this year just to see what the theming is like, but I think we are leaning towards adding a day for Harry Potter at Universal instead.

I'm sure you'll get tons of differing opinions on this one. There is no right or wrong answer, to each their own.

I'll start off saying, we have been to both but not recently......many trips ago....they are fun, huge, sometimes over crowded and tiring and expensive....plus they eat up a day.. No way would we go for just a few hours.....financially wrong....We never get the "and more" on our tickets since we might only do one waterpark but we find the crowds, finding a lounge, and general pain in the neck of doing one....not worth it...we get just as much mater, fun and cooling off at the resort pool, plus our room is right there, easy to restock our cooler and relax....

It seemed the last we were at a Disney waterpark, we spent more time waiting in a line than actual sliding and to spend that kind of money to lull around the wave pool or lazy river, just was not worth the effort....sorry, but we skip them anymore....but if we do decide to go again, we'll just pay out of pocket for the one time than adding on to our tickets...

BEEN TO THE PARKS ABOUT 100 TIMES, ONLY WENT TO WATER PARK ONCE.....

Your choice....Can you do without them and are they worth the extra money.

I have a water park near me, thats good enough!

Forgot to mention... I think they are really great for a rainy day. You don't wanna trapse around the parks getting soaked so hit a water park where you're gonna get wet anyway! Makes sense to me anyway :rotfl2:

I can only give you lessons learned, so don't think I'm a "hater": I got PHP passes so we could go to EVERYTHING when DS and DD were about your daughters ages...ok, so first water park, we waited, waited, waited for the premier attraction slide....one family from getting on, it began to storm in earnest--PARK CLOSED! We schlepped wet, cold, and grouchy back to the bus stand, back on the bus, and back to the room. 3 hours wasted. Fast forward to a couple days later, we'll try the other WP. Same Thing Happened:lmao:we all agreed that our resort had enough water fun and we never wanted to schlep around wet, cold, and half dressed again:rotfl:We haven't missed a thing by eliminating the WP from our Disney vocabulary :hug:

We usually go every 2nd or 3rd trip. It really depends on the weather, which resort we are staying at (ie if the resort has a great pool area like stormalong bay) and our schedule.

I am not sure how much the wp option is, but I would think it would be cheaper to buy tickets for just that one day if you wanted to go. They do eat up a lot of time, so unless you were going to go several times over your trip I don't think that option would be worth it.

If you are there for 8 days, and had the extra money, and had never been to a Disney water park, I would try one of them for one day.

If you really like the one WP and want to do it again or try another one, then you can upgrade your one day ticket to a WPAM option for just the difference which is like 8 or 10 dollars.

I guess it depends if you like water parks or not but for us we would never want to be at Disney and not be able to visit both of them. Disney water parks are AMAZING!! We love them both!! :love: The first water parks my kids ever went to were TL and BB. Now, all other water parks cannot come close to measuring up. If you have time in your schedule to do it, try them. I think you'll find that they give you a nice break from the parks and are a wonderful family day! :goodvibes

Not a hater per se....

but all I need to do is see one bandaid float by and I am completely skeeved. Plus there is good semi-nakedness and bad semi-nakedness. I put water parks in the latter category. ;)

LOVE Typhoon Lagoon- had to force our kids out of there last time. TL is like being by the ocean. I think it's a relaxing day.

We always try to make it to both waterparks while we are there. It is a nice vacation from the vacation to relax and not be wearing your legs out all day. We love both of them!

Are the water parks really that much different/better than typical water parks not Disney?

As you asked for opinions, I say get the waterparks option. My DD loves the waterparks and I always wonder if we should spend a day at the waterparks and I am always glad we go once we do.

Are the water parks really that much different/better than typical water parks not Disney?

You could really ask that question about everything at Disney. I think it's all about the theming and the Disney atmosphere in general.

We go to both waterparks every trip (weather permitting) and sometimes do one a second time.

LOVE Typhoon Lagoon- had to force our kids out of there last time. TL is like being by the ocean. I think it's a relaxing day.

I think that is why it is my favorite. I had never been to a water park before (I am not the best swimmer and I don't really care to be dunked in water), but I loved them. I feel like TL is less crowded as well. We debate about when we go to Disney based on if we get to go to water parks. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter