Water Parks in the Afternoon?

MattIL

Mouseketeer
See that for most of this week that thunderstorms are being projected around 4:00 PM. We are thinking of going into the waterparks at around 5:00 PM and staying to closing time. What type of crowds should we expect?

Thank You

See that for most of this week that thunderstorms are being projected around 4:00 PM. We are thinking of going into the waterparks at around 5:00 PM and staying to closing time. What type of crowds should we expect?

Thank You

Not sure what time the water parks close, I think pretty early. Anyway, we were the exact opposite of you, we went early and when the storms hit, (being from Florida I know to expect this) most people would leave. We would also leave but only because it was about time for us to head to the parks. There are a lot of people I guess that don't know that most of our storms come and pass fairly quickly. So I think your crowd levels should be pretty good at that point.

We got to Typhoon Lagoon at around 5:20 PM, it had clearly rained in that area of WDW even though it hadn't rained on us to that point. As we were walking into the park we had a loud burst of thunder and lightning and the park's activities were shut down until about 6:05 after the dark clouds had rolled past.

For the last two hours that park was a great place to be; very small crowd, the wave pool had plenty of room to swim around in and body surf. My son and the other smaller kids got the chance to run and swim out into the pool when it was reopened like they were skiing on virgin snow. None of the slides had any wait worth mentioning, basically you had to climb up to the top and then wait for one or two people to slide before you.

While we didn't have a long day at the water park we clearly had two very good hours. When we were pulling into the lot (before the closing occured) the traffic was only heading out and were were able to park in the first row for cars.

Thanks for the help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter