Water parks in Nov/Dec????

LaurieN

DIS Veteran
Today DS7 asked me if we would be going to any water parks while on our trip (Nov 27 -Dec4). I really wasn't sure how to answer him as I know the weather is unpredictable. Have any of you done water parks at this time of year? I REALLY don't want to go but if weather permits I guess I'll just suck it up:headache: and go.
Thanks for the help,
Laurie:goodvibes

Today DS7 asked me if we would be going to any water parks while on our trip (Nov 27 -Dec4). I really wasn't sure how to answer him as I know the weather is unpredictable. Have any of you done water parks at this time of year? I REALLY don't want to go but if weather permits I guess I'll just suck it up:headache: and go.
Thanks for the help,
Laurie:goodvibes

Disney keeps at least one of the Water Parks and the resort pools open all year long.

If it is sunny with the temperatures near 60 degrees or above with little or no wind,
guests can be found swimming at the resorts and water parks.

The water is heated in most pools.

That time of year can go either way. We usually get at least 1 day nice enough to go to the water park, but have to do some rearranging of our park time to fit it in. Of course you need to keep in mind that we're from Wisconsin and the temperatures at home are much colder that time of year, so 70 degrees is a heat wave for us. ::MinnieMo

We keep the water in all the slides and pools around 80F (27C) except for Shark Reef which does not have heaters. What you want is a day that will be bright and sunny and preferably not windy.

If you go on a day that is heavily overcast you will not be able to take advantage of any radiant heating (from the sun) or on a windy day (especially with a dry wind from the North) you will get hit by wind chill.

But a day with the highs in the mid-50s or above which is sunny and calm most people (at least from Northern climates) should be comfortable.

During the period you will be here TL will be closed and BB wll be open.

We just got home and went to Blizzard Beach on Tuesday.I must say it was rather chilly to me...And we attempted to go to the pool Friday night..YEP again too cold...
I can't even imagine going in November or December..LOL It would be like the polar plunge HAHAHA
We were there in February for my birthday and there were people in the resort pool! OMG! BBBRRR!!

We've done it in Dec when the temp was in mid 70's. Anything coller then that and I think I would pass.

We will be there in November and if the place is open you'll find us there :rotfl2: hoping to have a warmer day, but heck were from Alberta and its already below zero and cold here :scared1:

We've been the week after Thanksgiving several times and the weather is definitely unpredictable. One year, it was so cool we needed our heavier jackets and gloves at the parks in the evening. That year, I wouldn't let the kids go in the pool, although they wanted to.:rotfl: The last time we went 2 years ago, the weather was perfect. We did BB that time and had a wonderful time. I hate going in a pool and being cold, so if I was able to handle it, it was warm.

Since I've heard so many people here mention the unusual heat this year, I'm hoping that when we're there this Nov/Dec, we'll be able to go to BB again.:yay: Maybe we'll see you there!

We will be there in November and if the place is open you'll find us there :rotfl2: hoping to have a warmer day, but heck were from Alberta and its already below zero and cold here :scared1:

That's what we are thinking too neighbor! We are there end of Dec/ beginning January! Looking forward to shorts all week!

We go to BB every trip and our trips are anywhere between thanks giving to just after Christmas so from late November to late December. Just look at the forcast and pick the best day to go when you get to DW.

A funny story was our first trip over Christams in 92 we went to typhoon lagoon our last day before we went home and the life guards we talked to were wearing stalking caps jackets and wrapped in a bunch of towels so we were laughing :laughing: at them. The ones we talked to said we were crazy :rotfl: but then we told them we were from WA state and they all said where the blizzard is and we said yep :lmao:(it was on the national news)they understood how we can stand it but they think its cold. It was 67 degrees :rolleyes1 plenty warm for us.

Thanks everyone! 70 and sunny would be warm enough for us as well (NJ gets pretty cold that time of year, it's actually quite cold today here). I've never been to either of the water parks at Disney, when we were there in '08 I felt my boys were too young (6 and almost 3 at the time). I guess this year I will have to squeeze it in if the weather allows (I REALLY don't want to go, can you tell;))
Thanks again, it's off to find info on BB for me:thumbsup2
Laurie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter