• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Water park or Disney Quest?

jondvl

Mouseketeer
If you had one day for a special activity, would you choose a water park or Disney Quest?

We are a family of 5 and we will be staying for 7 nights and getting 5 day magic your way tickets. We are thinking about just doing it on a single day and deciding once we get down there and see how things are going and if money will allow for us to do this, Or would it be better to add the water park and more option.

I think if just doing a single day then go for the waterpark for sure. If you want to add the Waterpark & more then you can really do both. We did Disney Quest in an evening on our arrival day last trip. They are open pretty late and we really didn't need that much more time. I thought it was just ok.

My family LOVES the waterparks though!

My DS says definitely Disney Quest. He was 12 at the time we went to Disney Quest and we spent all day. However We are from Texas and we have the best Waterpark in the world right here so we were not impressed with the small water parks at Disneys.:3dglasses

We did both Typhoon Lagoon and Disney Quest on our trip a few years ago (DS was 13). We ALL much preferred TL! In addition to the typical water slides, they have a huge lazy river that goes around the entire park, a great opportunity to snorkel with sharks (very little ones), and an amazing wave pool.

On the other hand, DQ is a great back-up plan if it's unseasonably cool or rainy.

I wouldn't bother with the water park fun and more option unless you're definitely planning to do both (or more). If you decide to do this once you're there, you can upgrade your ticket then.

Have a great trip! :goodvibes

With the age of you kids I would do the water park. At DQ, your two youngest may have problems operating the games and may be two short as well.
Do not get the Plus add on to ticket if you are only going to do one activity, cheaper to buy seperate ticket.

As with any this or that question, it comes down to what you enjoy the most. If I had to pick, it would probably be a day at TL because we haven't been to it yet. Actually, I think BB would still win out over DQ. DQ is neat, but to me it's starting to show its age.

Water park. My reason: You go to FL for the sunshine. Go to a water park and enjoy a day of FL fun and relax play outside. You can do DisneyQuest type stuff at home on your Playstation etc. Why be indoors?

I'm going to vote completely opposite of Princess Disney Mom... no hard feelings!! :hug:

But anyway, I would say DisneyQuest, because it is completely unlike anything else. I'm not sure where you hail from, but waterparks exist all over the place. Sure, TL and BB are fun, but from where I stand, a water slide is a waterslide, and we have waterslides back home.

Disneyquest has unique things to do... virtual space mountain, rafting. I really enjoyed DQ, i think it really offers a wide range of things todo, truly somehting for everyone.

Obviously it comes down to where you would enjoy spending yout time more... just my .02! :)

Hi there. I thought I would weigh in with a couple of questions for you that I didn't see in your original post - what time of year are you going? Water parks are certainly more fun when it's really nice outside...

Second comment, if you get motion sick or are sensative to strobe lights, DQ may not be for you. DH and I got the WORST case of virtual reality sickness one day when we went to DQ, so we ended up wasting the tickets because we had to leave about 2 hours after we got there...just something to keep in mind.

Personally, if it's going to be a nice day, I would always opt for the water park. Lots to do for kids of all ages :thumbsup2 and it's a nice way to have a relaxing day in the middle of your trip. DQ is a bit more intense, waterparks allow for lounging if you want.

What ever you decide, have fun!!

If you are going during the hotter months, water park. However, for about $20/each added on, you can get the WP&M option and do both on the same day (water parks close early). This is what we do...

Since the monorail tragedy I have been reading the Orlando paper on line. There seem to be a wave of incidents at several of the Orlando waterparks. I had no idea so many perverts hung out in water parks, but I guess it makes sense. Just came back from a trip with my 10 year old nephew and I decided no water parks!!

So, as much fun as I think it would be to go to BB or TL, I'd have to vote DQ. Or, we had a blast playing mini golf one year.

Since the monorail tragedy I have been reading the Orlando paper on line. There seem to be a wave of incidents at several of the Orlando waterparks. I had no idea so many perverts hung out in water parks, but I guess it makes sense. Just came back from a trip with my 10 year old nephew and I decided no water parks!!
Just my opinion, but if you let these people change your lifestyle, you are only hurting yourself and your family. All you have to do is watch your children at these parks and they will be as safe (maybe safer) than they would be in your own home...

I'd vote waterpark...we went to Typhoon Lagoon on our trip in Jan/08 and it was one of the most amazing days of our trip! We tried Disney Quest one day as well, and it was a major waste of time. With everything being unlimited/free, we found that all the good games had groups of people who kept playing all day even with a line up. They would not share...just stayed on the game over and over again, therefore we really did not have a chance to try much. It was very busy as well. I wish there was a rule to do a game one time and then if there is a line, let another person try, it would have allowed everyone to experience some of the really popular things.
I don't think we'll be going back to DQ this year, most likely will try BB because it was closed in Jan. Personally, I'd rather go back to TL, TL is a very fun waterpark and the shark swim was really unique! but my teens want to try BB!
Whatever you decide, Have Fun! :)

Just my opinion, but if you let these people change your lifestyle, you are only hurting yourself and your family. All you have to do is watch your children at these parks and they will be as safe (maybe safer) than they would be in your own home...

I agree! But, seems that the only way to avoid this would have been to make sure I swam next to the kids at all times. We also had my friend's 4 year old with us, so chances are that I would not have been be with both kids at all times. I think it is pretty typical that parents have their kids swim in these places without hands on supervision (plenty of lifeguards) and that was not enough to keep kids safe. Too many kids got touched for me to say that I am going to bring a kid there unless I am willing and able to have hands on supervision at all times.

Another vote for waterpark. We've done both and DQ is great for an evening or a rainy day if you have a Water Park & More ticket. We love being out in the Florida sun and the waterparks can make even the hottest and muggiest summer day enjoyable.

bump, I am just looking for more info. I do not know why this is so toughLOL

Water park, for sure. Me and my boyfriend went to Disney Quest on our last day in May, and it was a huge waste of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter