Water Park Crowds on Saturday

tardin1964

DIS Veteran
I've read at some other sites that Saturday is one of the least crowded days to visit the water parks. Does the fact that it's a travel day for a lot of people help keep crowds even though I'm sure there are a lot of locals visiting? My trip is the third week of Aug. What are peoples experiences with going on the weekend?

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I would think the water parks would be more crowded on a Saturday...

I really don't think there is a day in the dead of summer that is not crowded at one of the water parks. I had always heard that weekends are busier because of locals.

Either way get there early to claim a lawn chair:thumbsup2

I really don't think there is a day in the dead of summer that is not crowded at one of the water parks. I had always heard that weekends are busier because of locals.

Either way get there early to claim a lawn chair:thumbsup2

I thought that the weekends would be busier also , but I was reading on the free part of UG that Saturday was good day to go.

I'm thinking about giving it a try on Sat Aug 23rd when we are there. It is the last day the water parks open at 9:00am. Starting on Sunday the 24th they don't open until 10:00am. We are a rope drop type of family so my thinking is the extra hour earlier in the day will be less busy.

I had also read on the UG site that visiting on the weekend was the best time (relatively speaking I'm sure) to visit. We are planning on going on a Sunday since we are arriving Saturday afternoon and leaving the following Friday. I hope the UG site is correct.

Me too !! I was kinda asking this a couple of days ago. I was thinking of doing Labor Day weekend though. Please report back what you find out. I leave 8/29.

We were at Blizzard Beach this past Sunday and it was CROWDED! We got there right at opening and we were able to ride Summitt Plummett with only a 5-10 minute wait. After that, the park filled up quickly.

As a comparison, we went to Typhoon Lagoon on Thursday morning. Got there right when it opened and we had done every slide by 10:30 and just enjoyed the wave pool from then on.

So, we did notice a big difference in the crowd levels of the water parks between weekdays and weekends.

Me too !! I was kinda asking this a couple of days ago. I was thinking of doing Labor Day weekend though. Please report back what you find out. I leave 8/29.

Sorry...but I won't be back home to report until 8/30. I would think Labor Day weekend would be pretty crowded no matter what though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter