water in POTC boats still an issue! (small rant)

Just got back from thanksgiving trip. Rode POTC 3 times (front, middle and back). Boats were packed. Never got soaked, didnt see anyone come off soaked (cant see there feet). Once there was water in the bottom of the boat but it certainly wasnt inches of standing water more like somebody just mopped the floor without ringing out the mop.

DH did get the splash from the cannon at the back of the boat but that was not soaking at all.

Not arguing with anybody's experience but reports of drenching like Kali may be the exception rather than the rule.

Just got back from thanksgiving trip. Rode POTC 3 times (front, middle and back). Boats were packed. Never got soaked, didnt see anyone come off soaked (cant see there feet). Once there was water in the bottom of the boat but it certainly wasnt inches of standing water more like somebody just mopped the floor without ringing out the mop.

DH did get the splash from the cannon at the back of the boat but that was not soaking at all.

Not arguing with anybody's experience but reports of drenching like Kali may be the exception rather than the rule.
There sure are a lot of "exceptions" in this thread. http://www.disboards.com/threads/flooded-potc-boats.3459066/

I posted on the other thread about the hullabaloo about water in the boats. We rode a few weeks ago---no water.
And that was WITH 2 extremely large people sitting in the front of the boat. Nothing.

So, clearly, this is happening for some but not all. They aren't going to do anything about this. It's not that big of a deal, there's water but not like Kali Rapids level drenching.

I posted on the other thread about the hullabaloo about water in the boats. We rode a few weeks ago---no water.
And that was WITH 2 extremely large people sitting in the front of the boat. Nothing.

So, clearly, this is happening for some but not all. They aren't going to do anything about this. It's not that big of a deal, there's water but not like Kali Rapids level drenching.

as others said to a PP that said there's no kali river rapids type drenching.
yes there is.
just because you have not experienced it or witnessed it does not mean its not happening.

It's great to hear reports that many are staying dry. :thumbsup2

But it is a nuisance when you get wet and it is a huge deal when you get drenched as some have reported.

. It's not that big of a deal, there's water but not like Kali Rapids level drenching.
Respectfully, there's a wide spectrum of wet between "not a big deal" and "kali river rapids level drenching. "

IMO, "not a big deal" was what POTC used to be...maybe a little tiny splash, but you didn't need to worry about electronics being out (used to take my slr on and take non flash pictures ), any wetness would be gone within 10 mins or so of being off the ride. Then there's splash mtn level ...electronics not safe to be out, prepare to be wet for an 30 mins-hour at least, bring clothes to change if you don't want to be wet, or ride right before leaving. Then there's kali...prepare to be drenched, no electronics are safe, have dry clothes in a locker if riding.

Being splash mtn wet on POTC is not what that ride is supposed to be. It wasn't for many many years. It's amazing to me that it is OK now.

none of those have "drops"

I always remember getting wet on pirates.

none of those have "drops"

I always remember getting wet on pirates.
I took my 8 month old on POTC with no concerns about water or her safety in 2013. Based on how wet I got on POTC on this last DLR trip, I would not take an infant on this ride any more. If it's going to be considered a "water ride" in the vein of splash mtn, then it needs to have a height requirement. If they aren't going to put a height requirement on it, then they need to make the ride safe for all ages and all heights. I wouldn't consider it safe for an infant anymore based on my experience.

Okay. I wrote this in the other big POTC thread and I'm going to copy and paste it now for all you "well, it is a water ride" people.

If it was meant to be the soaking mess it is now, why don't the boats properly drain? Standing water wasn't a problem for a long, long time. Now it clearly is.

If it was meant to be the soaking mess it is now, why isn't the part that soaks you at the end so that you go dry out in the Florida sun instead of shivering through an entire cold, dark ride?

If it was meant to be the soaking mess it is now, why are the boats listing and leaving people sitting at an angle ankle deep in water?

If it was meant to be the soaking mess it is now, why are the boats getting stuck on the track so that they have to turn up the house lights and have riders sway back and forth to get it dislodged?

I don't know why it's so hard for some people to admit that the ride is NOT functioning properly. :confused3

And I'll add this... Just because you haven't experienced something doesn't mean it's not happening. It means it's not happening every time. And no one has claimed that it is.
(I am aware that some people are reporting dry experiences for the sake of keeping things up to date so people know what is or is not happening. This comment isn't aimed at you. It's aimed at those who think they know better and refuse to believe the impressive number of 'even my underwear was wet/it took four hours to dry off/I was hit by a "Kali sized" wave' stories.)

Maelstrom ad a drop...never got wet on that either, just like we never got wet on PotC in the past prior to the refurb.

well to be fair i had the whole right side of my body soaked not once but twice on maelstrom.
once in august 2006 and once in august 2009.
but at least i pretty much knew the reason for it. i was in the front row and there was a lot more weight on the right side of the boat in general.
CM's were absolutely shocked when i walked off soaking wet. i was the frist time but not the second time lol.

and while i can think back and laugh now it was a big deal at the time as i was not wearing proper attire for a water ride.
i chafed like crazy due to the shorts i was wearing and it really did ruin the rest of the day as i was just about crying from pain.

I wonder . . if it is possible that *there is more than one type of boat in service*

Something is peculiar . .

I wonder . . if it is possible that *there is more than one type of boat in service*

Something is peculiar . .
I don't know about wdw, but the discussion on the dlr board does seem to indicate the fleet currently has more than 1 type of boat.

We just finished 5 days at WDW and my brother and sister in law did 1 day at MK yesterday. I wasn't able to ride POTC because my 5 year old was too afraid, but my BIL and SIL and their 3 small children rode it yesterday 11/30 in the first row and they told me they got completely soaked, my SIL describing it as a "tidal wave". They didn't really care but definitely weren't expecting it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter