Water bottles

Jmljasmine

Mouseketeer
With costs mounting everywhere, I'm trying to cut costs when traveling this summer (assuming we don't have to cancel). I use to bring water to the parks but I'm starting to suspect reusable ones with filters may be a better option. I have 4 small children and the Florida water taste will result in dehydration. I don't think we need one each, we can do some sharing. Any recommendations? Ideally not too pricey, bonus if there is one that could be squeezed instead of sucked as then I could use it to fill the baby's bottle too (otherwise I'll need to pack some water but at least not as much).

We are going at the end of the month. I thought this myself. Amazon had a sale on the "pink" brita water bottles($16!). I bought one to try out before our trip and my two girls loved it. It keeps the water cold all day and tastes great. I bought another one and we are just going to share the two. I don't want to carry 4 bottles around ( they are a bit heavy being isulated). But we can easily refill with the free water. My girls wouldn't drink the water last year, they didn't like the taste and honestly I didn't either. I would recommend trying the bottle out first it you can, that way you can see if it is worth it for you. The Brita has a straw you suck. I think I saw the Phillips ones on sale the other day. Usually it's just a certain color. So if that's an issue, you may have to pay full price.

You can ask for free water at QS locations
They give out cups filled from the soda dispenser, which is filtered water
Then it doesn't matter what bottle you put it in
Stick with the same idea of sharing a few bottles vs one each. It's easier to get a cup each and fill up a bottle vs. a bottle each since you can't have them fill your bottles. Or fill your bottles from the dispensers when they are out for your use.
You may do a mixture, a couple filtered to fill up at the fountains, or the newer bottle fill stations and some for the QS water.

They give out cups filled from the soda dispenser, which is filtered water
Then it doesn't matter what bottle you put it in
Stick with the same idea of sharing a few bottles vs one each. It's easier to get a cup each and fill up a bottle vs. a bottle each since you can't have them fill your bottles. Or fill your bottles from the dispensers when they are out for your use.
You may do a mixture, a couple filtered to fill up at the fountains, or the newer bottle fill stations and some for the QS water.
My concern with the QS is there are 6 of us and only my husband and myself and maybe the 7 year old can carry it without spilling. The bottles we can fill at water fountains. Also in the room at night we will need water as well.

I second the Brita filtered bottles either the soft or hard bottles work great. When never go to the parks without them, you'll still get a slight chlorine taste but totally drinkable. What we usually do is buy a couple of bottles of water in the park but we keep those and just refill them with the Brita filtered water that way everyone has water. We also use the bottles for in room water filtered water. Keep a look out for the bottle refill stations, I think every park has at least one.

If the water at QS and water fountains is filtered water then Disney should request a refund because that water is still gross.

I read the other day on one of the blogs (can't remember which one) that they've started charging for Venti ice water at Starbucks at MK but you can still get it free at the Starbucks at the other parks.

We use collapsible bottles with a belt clip. They're not too heavy or in the way on your belt, and you can easily refill them anywhere. And, when they're empty, you can fold them up to stay even further out of the way.

We are also going in the summer for the first time without a stroller so we don’t have anywhere to put our water. We ordered these collapsible water bottles that do have a wide mouth for ice and also have structure. I did a lot of research. We will and also be adding electrolytes packets as no matter how much you drink you will be dehydrated I’m the summer guaranteed. We will be also sharing family of 4 - got 2.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016AX6PI6/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_KH9115747CM0M1JKEQXB?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I read the other day on one of the blogs (can't remember which one) that they've started charging for Venti ice water at Starbucks at MK but you can still get it free at the Starbucks at the other parks.
Seriously? I feel like if you are brave enough to wait in that long line they should give you free water😏

I just use a regular water bottle, no filter. I find the filter bottles have issues after a bit, and I like my water to be cold. I just bring my bottle to the counter where I get the water and usually just pour it right in the bottle right there. Or I'll take it to a nearby table. They also have a few QS locations that have self-serve soda machines and I'll fill up every time I walk by one of those.
I also fill it up with ice in the morning at my resort:)

I second the Brita filtered bottles either the soft or hard bottles work great. When never go to the parks without them, you'll still get a slight chlorine taste but totally drinkable. What we usually do is buy a couple of bottles of water in the park but we keep those and just refill them with the Brita filtered water that way everyone has water. We also use the bottles for in room water filtered water. Keep a look out for the bottle refill stations, I think every park has at least one.

If the water at QS and water fountains is filtered water then Disney should request a refund because that water is still gross.
The ice is not made from filtered water

Only QS filled With the soda machine is filtered. Not all do that. You’ll learn fast which do

Water fountains are NOT filtered

We each bring a Brita a water bottle. Works great and the water tastes fine.

My wife and I bring a double-walled, hard bottle (yes it's heavy) with a filter. We'll then buy a pack of 24 waters from Amazon or Walmart and fill up with those each day. We'll add to it as we go, either with free water at a QS or the resort or the occasional water bought. I think the filter is a big plus with any water.
I do find that when I'm solo, I'll just deal with a normal water bottle and buy them when I need it.

We used to bring 2 water bottles , but going with a small CamelBak this trip.

I wouldn't count on water fountains. I was surprised at the lack of bottle fillers, and the regular water fountains are not very cold. But, they work in a pinch. You can only get free water at places they have the fountain drinks. If they just have bottled drinks, you can't get free water. Just keep that in mind especially for when you're thirsty

Been using and recommending these Brita water bottles for years. I could never understand why people would buy cases of water, not use it all then leave the leftovers. Oh well, not my call.
Haven't bought any of these for years but they used to be $9 at Walmart, came in several different colors (each of us had our own color for ownership purposes) and came with two filters. They are soft so you can squeeze them into the baby bottle. They do cut the sulfur taste you get from some Florida water sources. (It isn't all Florida water, just in certain locations. Magic Kingdom is nasty but the water at Fort Wilderness I drink right out of the tap).

brita_bottle_blue_filter_inside_01.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter