Water Bottle to utilize the new water refill stations

Harambe

I miss Tapestry of Dreams!
I was thrilled to see the news that Disney was adding water refill stations! hahaha - yes, I know it will be the bleach-y water, but refilling is good for the Mother!!

Anyway - any one know if there are water bottles that Disney doesn't allow, like metal ones, or whatever. I'd like to pick some up to take with us, but don't want to find out they have some weirdo rule. Or maybe some one knows of cute Disney ones we can buy (yes, two 60 somethings want the cute Disney stuff!).

My daughter uses a 32 ounce metal Hydroflask, not a problem.

Has she used the new refill stations? Is she okay with the taste of the water. I was shocked the very first time I tasted it, but either they have been working to improve it, or I'm just getting used to it. I only drink water now, with the morning black coffee and afternoon mint tea, so I may just be more into the hydration part more than the taste :flower:

I'm curious how cold the water is from those refill stations. Orlando water is truly awful, but if it's cold I can at least manage to drink it to stay hydrated. Once it's warm though, can't drink it. If the refill stations provide cold water, then it might be worth carrying around a water bottle.

I'm curious how cold the water is from those refill stations. Orlando water is truly awful, but if it's cold I can at least manage to drink it to stay hydrated. Once it's warm though, can't drink it. If the refill stations provide cold water, then it might be worth carrying around a water bottle.

They are filled with ice cubes, just like at Starbucks.

I'm environmentally friendly (yes El Cheapo here) and thrilled they have added this. I've always looked out for water fountains over the years, won't pay for water. Ever. Never. Ever. There's a water button on fountain bev stations, and no I don't dip my cup into Jungle River, I'm not that bad, but yes I do adjust to Orlando tap. It is what it is...but it's not Kool-aid. :drinking1Hydro Flask & Contigo will keep water cold for several hours and you can add ice to them as needed.

I'm environmentally friendly (yes El Cheapo here) and thrilled they have added this. I've always looked out for water fountains over the years, won't pay for water. Ever. Never. Ever. There's a water button on fountain bev stations, and no I don't dip my cup into Jungle River, I'm not that bad, but yes I do adjust to Orlando tap. It is what it is...but it's not Kool-aid. :drinking1Hydro Flask & Contigo will keep water cold for several hours and you can add ice to them as needed.

Yup - I'm with you. $3.50 for a bottle of water? Yikes! Last trip, we asked for the free cup of water with all of our QS meals, and of course at all sit down places. Worked out well, but I was never sure if that was actually Florida tap water. Anyway - I hope they add lots more of these. And if they put a few in all of the resort lobbies so we can fill up on our way out to the parks - perfect!

At WDW now and have been using an insulated 40 oz Takeda bottle that I bought specifically for this trip all week. I hang it from my crossbody and don’t even notice the weight while walking. It’s getting scratched and banged up but keeps our water nice and cold.

It’s not bad. They keep it with ice, and some stations have had lemon/lime slices even.

We are not fans of carrying containers of water around all day. It seemed, for us, there were plenty of places to get ice water so we could avoid carrying the weight of some sort of bottle filled with water.

I was thinking of the water refill stations where water fountains are..not some kind of container of water with ice and/or lemon. Apparently I can't link something that shows. But it's installed in the wall and provides a continuous supply of water.
I don’t know how the water is from the water bottle filling stations, sorry my mistake. The water from the large containers with ice and disposable cups located in restaurant lobbies tastes fine. I don’t refill my bottle at those though.

We are not fans of carrying containers of water around all day. It seemed, for us, there were plenty of places to get ice water so we could avoid carrying the weight of some sort of bottle filled with water.

I know. But I find we lug the bottled water with us that we buy anyway. And if we can save $$, and save a few plastic bottle/cups from the trash, why not? LOL! This is the way the travel world is going, with many airports stopping the sale of water bottles and replacing with the same water refill stations they are adding at Disney.

And I forgot about the free water they have in the lobbies of the resorts!! I only notice them when we are hanging around waiting for our ride to the airport on our way back home.

I’ve seen pictures of the refill station on DFB. They are the same ones I’ve used here in Texas. The water is filtered and relatively cool. I love using the refill stations. Great alternative to purchasing bottled water or asking for a small cup of water.

I know the bottle refill station at my office is much colder than what come out of the tap and so is the one at our airport. We like to take an empty bottle thru security and refill it at the airport rather than paying inflated airport prices. We hate the taste of Florida water so I carry drink powder sleeves either Propel, Crystal Light and on days predicted to be really hot we use the Liquid IV brand which has 3 times the electrolytes in it - BTW ..Liquid IV is great for muscle cramps. You can get Liquid IV at Costco, GNC and a few CVS stores carry it look online. Simply tear open and pour into a bottle or large cup of water and it makes the water more palatable.

I know the bottle refill station at my office is much colder than what come out of the tap and so is the one at our airport. We like to take an empty bottle thru security and refill it at the airport rather than paying inflated airport prices. We hate the taste of Florida water so I carry drink powder sleeves either Propel, Crystal Light and on days predicted to be really hot we use the Liquid IV brand which has 3 times the electrolytes in it - BTW ..Liquid IV is great for muscle cramps. You can get Liquid IV at Costco, GNC and a few CVS stores carry it look online. Simply tear open and pour into a bottle or large cup of water and it makes the water more palatable.

Yes - planned on the Crystal light, but will look into that Liquid IV a.) because I get leg cramps a lot in hot weather and b.) for my daughter who always fights dehydration. She drinks Powerade but they are expensive and not that great for you! Thanks!

Yes - planned on the Crystal light, but will look into that Liquid IV a.) because I get leg cramps a lot in hot weather and b.) for my daughter who always fights dehydration. She drinks Powerade but they are expensive and not that great for you! Thanks!

If you can't find the Liquid IV, look for Drip Drop hydration powder. It's medical grade and works really well for dehydration.

I read that the Starbucks will give you a large cup of ice water for free. Their water is triple filtered. I planned on getting that and pouring into my collapsible water bottle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter