Water - Anyone use BRITA Bottles or similiar?

mommypenguin29

Mouseketeer
Last time we went we ordered from garden grocer and got 2 cases of water for the week...since we will only be there for 4 nights this time...I am thinking of bringing snacks and breakfast food and buying milk and juice at the resort. I am a big water drinker and don't feel like spending $2-$3 on a bottle of water there (yes I know you can get water for free, but I am picky about taste)...I am thinking of invisting in the BRITA water bottles, but wanted to get some opinions on them - good, bad, whatever...Aldo, can you use the flavor packets in them? If not, any other recommendations for some kind of filtered water? TIA!

We used the britta water filter bottles last time we went. We loved them! They removed all the strange tastes of Florida's water. You can not use them with the flovor packets. They filter the water as it is going into you mouth NOT when the water is going into the bottle, so all the flavor would be filtered out. What we did when we wanted flavored water we asked for a cup of ice water added the flavor packet and removed the filter then when we were done we just screwed the filter back on and had plain water again.

Hope this helps!

We use the Polar insulated water bottles and fill them up with the free large cups of ice water from cs places. The free ice water form the cs places does not have any nasty sulphur taste at all(and we are very picky).
Then at night we fill them about 1/3 up with water and freeze them.
We have been using them for over 6 years and they work great. I buy 5 different colors so we each have our own and don't pass germs back and forth.We use them year round, nt just at Disney. Works great for sports and long car rides.
http://www.amazon.com/Polar-Bottle-Insulated-Water-24-Ounce/dp/B000F7WWUY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363101821&sr=8-1&keywords=polar+insulated+water+bottle

We use Bobbles.

The medium sized ones fit in the Neoprene sleeves that joggers/bikers use (can find them in the sports section at Walmart). We put carbiners on them and clip them to backpacks or shorts.

What you could do is put the water in the brita and put the flavor packet in to an empty water bottle(bring an empty bottle from home). Squeeze the water from the brita into the bottle with the flavor packet.

I own and use a Britta bottle everyday. I LOVE it and plan to take it when we go back. It has a little silicone like hoop for easy handling.

We used the Brita as well. I bought them for our last trip last April. All 5 of us used them and loved them, even my 6 year old DS who would rather drink sand than drink water. The free ice water is a god send on a scorching hot day. I drink nothing but water so this was a huuuuge money saver and I did not notice and strange taste to the water. They clipped easily onto our back pack and fanny packs so nearly everyone carried their own.

I did, however, find myself squeezing the Brita water into an empty water bottle so that my little guy could have a little flavour pack every once in a while. You can't win every battle:confused3

We use Bobbles.

The medium sized ones fit in the Neoprene sleeves that joggers/bikers use (can find them in the sports section at Walmart). We put carbiners on them and clip them to backpacks or shorts.

I love my Bobble. I definitely recommend it.

I have a Camelbak bottle with filter that Iove. I bought it on a deal at Woot.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I love my Brita filtered water bottle. Just make sure you pack it, unlike my bf, who forgot. And then I had to share! :crazy2:

We have a Camelbak Groove & love it for getting that awful sulfur taste out of WDW water.

fchoppa said:
We used the britta water filter bottles last time we went. We loved them! They removed all the strange tastes of Florida's water. You can not use them with the flovor packets. They filter the water as it is going into you mouth NOT when the water is going into the bottle, so all the flavor would be filtered out. What we did when we wanted flavored water we asked for a cup of ice water added the flavor packet and removed the filter then when we were done we just screwed the filter back on and had plain water again.

Hope this helps!

Is the Brita bottle insulated? Or did it matter since you get the free ice water? Going in May.

The question of does the filtered water bottle make the water taste better was exactly what I came here to ask. So, to make sure, have you filled up your bottle at a water fountain and the filter made it taste better? Or does everyone get water from CS places?

At DLR we drive so we bring a case of water bottles. Can't do that flying to WDW so I had been wondering about the filtered water bottles.

I looked at Bobbles in the store, but they sure seem flimsey. Lightweight when empty, I guess, but I worry about them getting crushed in the backpack. Anyone had that happen? I may have to do a test run at DLR this summer.

The question of does the filtered water bottle make the water taste better was exactly what I came here to ask. So, to make sure, have you filled up your bottle at a water fountain and the filter made it taste better? Or does everyone get water from CS places?

We only filled our Camelbak with water from the fountains and you couldn't taste anything :cool1:

We used our Brita bottles and filled them from the fountains most of the time. Water tasted great and it was a huge savings. We also ordered ice water at CS restaurants and poured the extra into our bottles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter