Watching Wishes on the beach at the Poly

Can you take the boat from MK to Poly - watch Wishes then catch the boat back to MK? We're staying the the POP so we'd need to get back and catch a bus. Thanks!

Right now they're doing a campfire and roasting marshmallows from 7-8PM. Great fun. My kids had a blast. Then a movie is shown on a big blow up projector screen on the beach. They pause the movie for the water pageant (a little after 9) and wishes (a little after 10).

One night during labor day weekend all the lapu lapu pineapples were gone by 9:30. I wasn't ordering one but I overheard the bartender. He offered to make the same drink in a plastic cup, but I can't imagine ordering that.

I'd head out to the beach after dinner. Just don't miss the last boat back to MK if you need to catch a bus. We learned the hard way they don't take new passengers back to MK after it closes a few years ago. Ask a boat captain what's the last boat you can catch, don't trust the concierge CM. We ended up on the monorail, however it has shorter hours right now.

The beach was never crowded, but you may need to head away from the movie to hear the wishes soundtrack.

We had dinner at Ohana at 7:10 and just made it out for the water pageant around 9:10, if that helps.

Thanks for the responses,
We figured we probably wont be done eating by 9, so we called today and asked for a window seat for O'hana. They said they cant do it over the phone so we will have to request one when we check in.

We have reservations for 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian at 7:45 when the fireworks start at 9:30. Is this also a good pkace to watch the fireworks or is there a chance we could make it to Poly in time?

all great advice...I have done this 2 or 3 times...once from inside and 2 times on the beach...Keep in mind Wishes is not as good as it inside MK...at least not to us....To me its just better being in the park...just throwing that out...if you havent seen them in the park try to make to to see them there...:thumbsup2

I agree the Poly beach is a great location to see the water pageant

Here is what it looks like from the Poly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9paB7B788vc&feature=related

Here is why you watch it inside MK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_fc41uB48Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMxgILR8n6Y&feature=related

nothing beats them right behind the castle that close

Can you take the boat from MK to Poly - watch Wishes then catch the boat back to MK? We're staying the the POP so we'd need to get back and catch a bus. Thanks!

Yes or the monorail or walk over to the TTC and get the ferry.

Liz

Just chiming to say that you aren't going to make 9pm Wishes with an 8:05 pm at 'Ohana......that meal is excellent and good fun....but it is over an hour easy.

We had 7:05 last week and we were done by 8:30-ish.

Wishes from the Poly beach is GREAT though.

I agree. We got to the Poly beach at about 8:15 for a 9pm wishes, to ensure we got a lounge chair and a good spot. It definitely started filling up closer to 9pm, and most people either stood or sat on the sand.

Look at park closing times for that night. Last time I was at the Poly watching Wishes when I was staying at Pop, the MK was closing immediately after Wishes, but Epcot was having EMH and I don't think it was even 9 PM yet, so when Wishes was over, we walked to the TTC, got the monorail to Epcot, and walked right onto an un-crowded bus at Epcot to Pop. Since it was closing time at the MK, I imagine the bus stops there were mobbed. Going to Epcot was a very relaxing way to do it.

We have driven to Poly for dinner before at various restuarants (we have passes and live locally) and a few weeks ago, ate dinner, watched the movie on the beach, the electrical water parade and then the fireworks before heading back home. It is perfectly acceptable. Like otehrs have said, it can be viewed from teh restuarant and all good advice, letting eth server know ahead of time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter