• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Watching the Wiggles with DD2...*updated* w/link to video message from Greg-post #11

disneymama73

<font color=magenta>Why is it called MENstruation?
Any other parents out there sad about Greg leaving the Wiggles?

My kids have been watching them for 5 yrs now. We've been to 6 concerts in that time and met the guys several times. I even went out to Las Vegas with some friends I made on the Wiggles message board to see Greg's solo shows.

DD7 had such a crush on him when she was younger. The first time she met him she was 3, and she gave him a big hug and whispered, "I love you" in his ear.

He is such a humble, kind man. He's only a year older than me, too. He'll be 35 next month. He really loved what he was doing. It's such a shame. :(

Laurabearz said:
Greg is leaving the Wiggles??? I am bummed.... He is my favorite!

Yes, it's true. Greg has been very ill for some time now. Here's an article about it. It makes me teary. :sad:

Goodbye Greg

Our kids are past the Wiggles stage, but they loved them a few years ago. It is sad that Greg is leaving, but hopefully he'll be okay. From what I understand, orthostatic intolerance isn't life threatening, it just makes is almost impossible for him to perform.

Apothecary said:
Our kids are past the Wiggles stage, but they loved them a few years ago. It is sad that Greg is leaving, but hopefully he'll be okay. From what I understand, orthostatic intolerance isn't life threatening, it just makes is almost impossible for him to perform.

No, you're right. It's not life threatening. He just can't perform. And their touring schedule is grueling.

Yep, we're very sad here too! It is so sad that health problems have made him quit something he loves. It is sad watching the Wiggles now...maybe if we're lucky he will do a special appearance now and then or something. :thumbsup2

Skywalker said:
Yep, we're very sad here too! It is so sad that health problems have made him quit something he loves. It is sad watching the Wiggles now...maybe if we're lucky he will do a special appearance now and then or something. :thumbsup2

That would be very nice, wouldn't it? I wonder if he will continue to work with the Wiggles in a creative aspect. I know he has helped write a lot of the songs.

I am so sad too! He's my favorite!

I'm sure he won't be leaving that Enterprise entirely. If someone was smart they'd give him his own show-- kind of like a Mr Rogers show with out as much activity as the Wiggles. :thumbsup2

stinkerbelle's mom said:

I'm sure he won't be leaving that Enterprise entirely. If someone was smart they'd give him his own show-- kind of like a Mr Rogers show with out as much activity as the Wiggles. :thumbsup2

I was thinking about that. Disney, are you listening???

It would be nice if he could even just continue recording.

stinkerbelle's mom said:

I would love to see him in a Mr. Rogers type show... What a wonderful idea.

Greg emotes happy, calm and love.... A true Man

:sad2: I just wanted to cry when watching Greg's message. I think we saw his very last performance. We saw the Wiggles in Philadelphia. It was their last show in Philly and then they were heading to Washington DC. Greg never made it to the DC concert or any others after that. I feel very fortunate that my children got to see Greg, their favorite Wiggle, up close and in person doing what he loved doing best.

Things will be different with Sam, but if the kids can go from "Steve" to "Joe," then they can go from "Greg" to "Sam."

I know my family wishes Greg all the best. And hopefully he will still be a creative force behind the Wiggles!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter