Watching MSEP from a scooter

teedee

DIS Veteran
Due to mobility problems related to rheumatoid arthritis my doctor has advised me to rent a scooter for our upcoming trip. I love the MSEP and definitely want to watch, but I'm worried about where to park it to watch the parade. Will they let me sit in it curbside? I've never seen anyone do that and don't know if it's allowed. I don't mind getting there early to get a good viewing spot because I know I won't be able to see if I'm not right at the curb.

Terri

I was just at WDW. Hopefully, someone can give you a definite answer but I think I saw an area reserved for guests in wheelchairs and scooters to view the parade from. It was in the circle area near the castle.

Another thought. I watched the 11:00 pm MSEP from in front of the Hall of Presidents. It was much less crowded than around the circle or Main Street. I don't know why I never thought to view the parade from there before. There was only a single row of people lined up in that area. You could have easily parked your scooter. Hopefully, it is that uncrowded there all the time.

I was just there a few weeks ago, and there was a reserved area across from the Hall of Presidents. My dad was in a wheelchair and he was right up against the rope line while my mom and I stood behind him to view the parade. This was during the afternoon parade, but I'm assuming they use the same reserved areas. Either way, there will be reserved areas for those in wheelchairs and scooters. You may just need to ask exactly where that is.

There are reserved areas for wheelchairs and ECVs for the parades -- you may need to arrive early because they do fill up. And if you have more than one or two others with you, your party may need to split as sometimes they will only allow one other with the person in the w/c or ECV. People get packed in rather tightly side-by-side.

Or you may simply find your own spot along the curb and park to watch. Again, you may need to arrive early to stake out your spot.

Enjoy your vacation!

Thanks for the replies! I had no idea they had areas roped off for wheelchairs/scooters. I'm traveling with 3 other family members so I'm not sure what I'll do but it's great to hear there are some options for me.

Terri

Thanks for the replies! I had no idea they had areas roped off for wheelchairs/scooters. I'm traveling with 3 other family members so I'm not sure what I'll do but it's great to hear there are some options for me.

As stated above . . .
1) Yes, there are roped areas for wheelchairs and ECVs, and they fill QUICKLY.
2) You need to be in the area about 30-45 minutes prior to the parade.
3) With three others, probably two need to stand at a different location.
4) If the 1-2 person rule was not enforced, "normal" people would squeeze-out chairs and ECVs.

I skipped the handicapped viewing areas myself and just staked out front-row curb spots with my ECV. The roped-off viewing areas seemed even more claustrophobic to me than the mob on the street. :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter