Watching movies at Downtown Disney AMC

kendzee94

DIS Veteran
Has anyone watched movies at the AMC in Downtown Disney? I tried doing a search here and found nothing.

I am wondering how much does it cost? How much extra for 3D? What kind of "in theatre dining" food do they have, and how is it?

Just wondering if it will be comparable with the Regal cinemas that we go to at home. Thanks!!!

(Not sure where to ask so mods, please move where necessary if I'm in the wrong forum!!!)

It's pretty much a standard movie theatre. Recommend you go to AMC's website to answer your questions.

Has anyone watched movies at the AMC in Downtown Disney? I tried doing a search here and found nothing.

I am wondering how much does it cost? How much extra for 3D? What kind of "in theatre dining" food do they have, and how is it?

Just wondering if it will be comparable with the Regal cinemas that we go to at home. Thanks!!!

(Not sure where to ask so mods, please move where necessary if I'm in the wrong forum!!!)

AMC is the second-largest film theater operator in North America (with 5,325 screens.)
Comparable to certain of Regal Cinema's newer theaters.

HERE is a link to the DTD AMC Theater (24 screens.)

Thanks ROBO

When I went to it the first time, I didn't see what I was looking for. Now I got it!!!!

Like any other AMC or Regal complex, but with a way-upscale food-court-like snack bar. High tech Coke machines. Comfortable seats. Good sound systems.

My son and I watched XMen First Class there last June. I found the theater and seating to be nicer than most theaters. Although its not an IMax if feels more like IMax theaters feel than normal ones (larger auditoriums and more comfortable chairs). One of the nicer movie theaters I've ever been too.

Its gotta be WAY better the any UK cinema :lmao: when we went we thought the place was huge!
we have some cinemas here that are like somebodys lounge:rotfl:

DH and I saw Twilight there! Clearly my idea :lmao: But the theater was really nice!! And it wasn't crowded at all. It was fun seeing a movie while in Disney world. Something I didn't think that I would ever do, but fun to step away from all the rides and shows to do something a little different.

The guys on the dis unplugged podcast reviewed the dine in theater food a few months back. They really enjoyed it and I believe have done it more than once. Dh and I went to chimpanzee there last week (just a regular showing not one with dinner) and we found the theater and seats to be really nice. They do offer an ap discount if you have one!

Check the podcast board and you will find some reviews I think.

Saw Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back 11 years ago there, and I loved it. Cast Members only paid like $3 to see a movie, and I loved that the arm rest lifted up in the theater. My friends and I were the only ones in there and all grabbed out own row and sprawled out in the theater. The sound was amazing and the seats were so comfy.

I saw the muppets at the dine in theater. I think it was like $13 for a 2pm show. The food was pretty good and about the same price as going to TGIFridays or the like after or before. The drinks are like 4.50 which is what movie theater drinks are but i wouldnt have gotten one if i wasnt eating there so i was alittle shocked at the price. I dont normally go to any movies but I was with a group that wanted to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter