watching March Madness (CBS) on board?

tony_touch

Earning My Ears
Anyone know if Diversions carries CBS? I'm gonna be on the Wonder during the 1st weekend of the NCAA Tournament...I'm sure there will be plenty of other college hoops fans on board as well!

Are you sure you want to watch/listen to Billy Packer while on vacation? I suspect you will get most of the coverage of March madness during your time at sea.

I let you in on a little secret, I work for a CBS station......and I don't watch it.
But I suspect you'll be able to see it on board IF YOU MUST. :rotfl:

I made the mistake of cruising with my DH during March Madness two years ago and we were able to watch every last game (now that was when it was the ESPN club) but I would imagine they understand the importance of keeping the games on!

Funny--

But in all honesty, and I have been to 4 Final Fours, 3 Sweet 16's, a couple of 1st & 2nd round locales, an NIT and a couple conference tournaments including the ACC, and I would still skip it if I was on DCL during March Madness, really. Cruised during the NFL divisional playoffs last month and all I did was stick my head in Diversions for 3 minutes to get a score and then headed of w/ DS to go whereever else we were going.

Now if it was Dickie V, that would make it must see TV for me...OOOOHHHH, GIVE HIM THE ROCK, BA-BEE, HE'S A P-T-P FOR SURE, NO MORE DIAPER DANDY...WARM UP THE LASAGNA, MAMA, YOUR BABY BOY'S COMING HOME WITH ANOTHER W....

seriously, showing that might increase sales of Bonine.....

I twitch every time I hear the words "March Madness". Last year, our fair city hosted a set of opening round games. The Masonic Lodge I belong to got involved in working some concession booths at Nationwide Arena during other events (see, there used to be this thing called hockey...).

We were "lucky" enough to have one of the main floor grill locations on the first day of four games and an upstairs large food booth for the second round of two games. The 4-game day, we arrived at the arena at about 7:30am. Did all our inventory, got ready, and they opened the doors at 10:00 for the 11:00 games. The first time I had a chance to look up, it was 3:00, and it was 3/4 of the way through the second game. Just non-stop insanity. We had lines 30 deep, and we had 8 people busting their humps trying to sling food as fast as we could. By the time the last games were finished, we did closing inventory, and got our stuff together and got home, it was just after 2:30am. The second day wasn't quite as bad. Smaller stand, and we had two extra people to help out.

But in two days (six total basketball games) we sold just over $18,000 worth of food (brats, dogs, fries, nachos, etc). And that number is even more amazing when you realize that, as an NCAA event, there was no beer. I swear my feet are still sore...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter