Watches

RGLakatos

Mouseketeer
Hello Everyone!

I will be taking a cruise in July on the Disney Dream.

I have been told that they have some nice watches in the onboard shops. Are they the same watches I can find at the parks or at Downtown Disney? Is there anything as far as watches or jewelry for men that is spectacular in any of the onboard shops?

I'm really interested in a nice watch, possibly Disney watch, and just wanted to know if anyone has images of the watches onboard or if they have bought one and what around was the price, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

I never looked onboard for watches, I bought mine at DTD 2 years ago and it looks like a small timex but has Mickey on it...I love it and I think it was $65.

Thanks for the info.

Was there any other type of jewelry that was pretty cool for men? Any items unique to the cruise line only???

We are just off the Magic and did look at the watches, they have some really nice citizen and fossil watches and another brand not sure of the name. Once I saw they were 675.00 and up I think I blacked out, lol. Not sure about men's jewelry I didn't really notice

Were the Citizen and Fossil watches Disney at all? I wouldn't care about paying high prices as long as the watch was super nice.

No they weren't Disney, just regular watches. They did have some Disney watches, not sure of the brand though. They was a good selection of watches for men.

I have purchased two different Citizen watches on different cruises. Both have Mickey on the dial. They are really nice watches. One I wear to work every day and the other is for going out and other special days. Going on the Magic in 22 days hope to find a new watch then.

Hi;

Thanks for the info....if you don't mind me asking.....how much were the citizen watches with the Mickey faces on them? I am curious to see how much I should budget for a nice watch!

Thanks!!!!

OP when we sailed in January on the Dream, I purchased a Philip Stein watch. I was surprised as they were not carrying these watches when we sailed 3 months earlier in October of 2012. The cast member told me they were just started to carry the Philip Stein brand. DCL's price was less expensive than stateside as well as what we had looked at in the Caymans. Hope this helps a bit. pixiedust:

darkwing818;

Thank you for the information on the Phillip Stein watches....greatly appreciate it.

I bought a DCL watch on the Fantasy 2 weeks ago. I really like it and it's fun to wear. It was $15. I think it was a former gift with purchase item.

Mike

MND;

Thanks for the information....was looking for a higher end watch though.

I greatly appreciate the feedback though!!!

:)

Not sure you will find much on the high end side of watches on the ship. I believe they had Tag Heuer on the Dream last time I was there. Everything else is basically Sears/Kohls/Target quality. If you are looking for a nice watch while on vacation, go over to Atlantis when you get to Nassau and shop the stores there. Much deeper selection than anything on the ship.

I know Downtown Disney used to have some Gerald Genta Disney logo watches in the 2K and up range. I have not seen those in quite some time, however.

Regardless, enjoy the cruise!

DWF

We buy at least one new watch every cruise (we've cruised 30 times w/DCL so we have quite the collection). A lot of the Disney themed watches are similar to what you can get in the park. We've gotten several for what we thought was a good price including a Citizen (around $250-$275?). But we have purchased a couple with the DCL logo that we've only been able to find onboard. The details all run together but I know one with the logo was a Skagan watch (there is one with the Mickey face you can get elsewhere but there is the exact same watch with the DCL logo I've only seen on the ship). I can't remember the exact price but it wasn't too bad (over $100, less than $150 I think). I know when we got the Mickey head one, we looked online when we got home and the price was similar to what we paid onboard.

I'm a watch guy... I wear a sub mariner as my daily wear watch..

There were decent inexpensive watches on the ships when I was on last.

For those of you that are not watch people my watches tune up will cost about 750.

I do get a big kick outa the Citizen Eco Drive Mickey watches... I have on on today because my Rolex is over due for a tune up.

The new mechanical watches from fossil are neet and keep decent time. I was impressed with how durable they are.

For nicer watches I understand there are some really good shops in St. Martin. I'm scrounging up some cash o find out for myself this summer ;)

the Dream and Fantasy have different watches than on the magic and wonder
on the Dream they have the usual disney watches you can find in downtown disney but the also carry the Higher end watches as well TagHeuer, Philip Stein, etc hope this helps

Thanks everyone for the information!!!

I wish they would have a watch with a Castaway Cay theme that you could only get on the ship or at Castaway Cay....maybe a higher end watch.....would be something for Disney to look into.

Does anyone know if they offer any type of jewelry for men or women or kids on Castaway Cay? Maybe something super nice as a memory they could wear all the time???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter