Watch Your Points! MS Changing Reservations Without Consent

Lexxiefern

DIS Veteran
Yesterday I was online checking my points (I was planning to add a couple nights onto a trip) and I saw I had 19 points in holding - which should not have been. After searching through my points history I found that someone at MS canceled my OKW trip for next week and then rebooked it. When they rebooked it they did not use the same points from the canceled reservation thus leaving me with points in holding.

I called and got it straightened out after about 15 min on hold with a supervisor's help.

This is not the first time this has happened. A few years ago my confirmed BWV boardwalk view studio was changed to a pool/garden view only days before my checkin without my knowledge or consent. I chalked that up to a mistake on MS's part and DVC member satisfaction was great handling that.

However, my sister called me a few weeks ago with this same issue. She had points in holding and did not know why. After searching through her point history, her most recent reservation was canceled and rebooked as well and the points were not put back properly. She called MS and did have that fixed.

I find this extremely disturbing that MS is going into our accounts and changing our reservations without our knowledge or consent. In my most recent case, I was switched from a 1 bed at OKW to a 1 bed near hospitality house. Either room is fine, my issue is I did not authorize this.

I will be contacting member satisfaction - if someone could please refresh my memory on the email for them.

So beware of this problem and please check your accounts periodically.

There's another post a few down the board with a similar problem - it states that it is a software issue, not the action of a CM. Not sure if that relates to your issue or not.

This is even more disturbing! CM's at the resort have the ability to get into our accounts??:scared1:

It happened to me last summer, so I believe that they do. They had to rebook my rooms to give me different reservation #'s because of a segmented dining plan trip. When they canceled and then re-booked the room, they pulled points from the wrong contract, leaving me with holding points. It was easily fixed by MS when I got back but I was glad I checked my account right away.

Hopefully, the new computer upgrades will benefit all of us.

Yes they can get into your points at the resort. A friend of mine rented to a friend of co-worker, and they asked for an upgrade at check in and they gave it to them and took the points out of his account. :scared1:

It happened to me last summer, so I believe that they do. They had to rebook my rooms to give me different reservation #'s because of a segmented dining plan trip. When they canceled and then re-booked the room, they pulled points from the wrong contract, leaving me with holding points. It was easily fixed by MS when I got back but I was glad I checked my account right away.

Hopefully, the new computer upgrades will benefit all of us.

Same thing happened to me last October. The one and only time I have ever rented out points, the renter had 2 studios booked under 1 travel plan. Somehow (I never found out why) 1 of the studios was rebooked by the CM when they checked in and he/she didn't use the same points, leaving me with 48 holding points. Imagine my shock when I randomly checked my account and saw that! :scared1: Although it was fixed with a phone call to MS, I was in a panic until I was told it could be corrected.

Yes they can get into your points at the resort. A friend of mine rented to a friend of co-worker, and they asked for an upgrade at check in and they gave it to them and took the points out of his account. :scared1:

:scared1: I hope they paid for the extra points they used! Yet another reason why I'm never renting again....

We had to have our reservation canceled and re-booked in December at VWL because the new "Lilo" software would not print my KTTW card.

We also had a guest last year add the DDP at check in and the Front Desk CM canceled the reservation and put points in holding by mistake. I didn't find out about it until I tried to book a new reservation and I was short regular points. Took a few days to get our account corrected.

:earsboy: Bill

this is so disturbing...but on the flip side and kind of sad...i'm so point poor that this may never happen since I seem to live in the perpetual state of borrowing and no points left at all...

Yep, happened to us too. Was told by member services that the CM at the resort (BWV) did it. Left us short 34 points that will not be given back. Said it was because of the dining plan on a segmented reservation. Very frustrating.

We had the CMs at the resort modify our reservations many, many times. So far our points have been OK, but yes, almost every reservation lately we find the CMs at the resort will have to cancel and rebook the reservation sometimes. For example, last August I was holding a reservation at OKW with a HH location. I had the confirmation with me that say that, but when I checked in the CM said I didn't. She pulled up the reservation and it no longer said HH location on it. They gave me the section across from HH and told me it was "Now HH", which I thought was weird. When I got home I took a look at my reservation online and saw it had been changed. So while I held HH location room for 7 months, I actually checked in and no longer had that reservation. I contacted the satifaction team who were confused how it happened too, but suspected the staff at OKW changed it.

This happened to us last October. All our requests were "lost". Fortunately when we arrived they were able to fix everything.

But worse yet, it has happened again, this time losing my Boardwalk view two-bedroom. I had the two-bedroom for three days and a waitlist for the fourth. The waitlist matched but the CM booked all as a Garden Pool view so we lost the Boardwalk view for the entire time!

MS has been working on it for a week and is not able to get the Boardwalk view back. They have confirmed that it was human error, not the system. My points are all mixed up. They are still trying to fix it before the vacation and have confirmed that they will fix the points once all is complete. Give that we are in the 30 day window, I don't hold much hope that it will work out. The kicker is that it was a random "checking" call that caused me to find out about it. I didn't even receive an email when the waitlist matched!

I am really angry as I did everything right at the 7 month window and planned a great vacation for our family and my sister's. Not owning at BWV, getting a Boardwalk view on March break is a big deal....

:headache:
It's incredible that this can be done by a non-owner of the unit.

A renter can't even make a reservation for magical express or dining plan..... but they can access the points from your account and upgrade at the front desk!

I have rented out my points a few times in the past 2 years... I consider myself lucky that this has never happened to me!

I just checked my past reservations. When I went in August the front desk had to cancel nd rebook my first night because it would not print out DH's key. I checked when I got home and the points looked okay. Now it is showing the same night 2x with points being used for both. I hope they can straighten this out.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter