Watch your bill for Cdn at par!

Eno

Mouseketeer
Just returned from the Wilderness Lodge and used the Canadian
money at Par code for the room rate when I booked in May.
We stayed for 4 nights and when I checked out the bill at check out time I noticed that we were overcharged by over 130.00 !
When I went to the front desk I was told that that was the rate that they had listed in the computer for my reservation. Good thing I brought my confirmation with me that showed what my 4 night total was.
After reviewing the confirmation they credited the overcharged amount back.
This is the second time that I had a problem with being overcharged. The last time they had no record of my AP rate and tried to charge me the full rate. Again, I had my confirmation.
I made the Cdn at par reservation in May and made no changes to it.

Good thing you checked your bill. :eek: Did you have a good time otherwise?

Yes, had a great time. The Wilderness lodge was beautiful and the boat to the MK was great. Also went for dinner at the Trails End Buffet at Fort Wilderness.

I think we'd like to try the WL some day...glad to hear you enjoyed it. Welcome back to reality. ;)

I'll definitely be bringing my confirmation as I got the Canada @ par rate too. I liked the Trails End Buffet, had dinner there once and plan to go for lunch there in October, hopefully. Glad to hear you had a great time.

I booked with an AP rate ... but that's still a good reason to bring along your confirmation sheets along with you. $130 is a lot of money! I'm glad you were able to get everything straightened out :p

We too were over charged at All Star Movies in August. I checked my bill one day and went and had it corrected. Take your confirmation with you and check it at check-in.

Hi there - this happened to me just this morning...

My rate at AKL for 3 nights was 744.00total.. and when I checked out they had 930.00 on the bill.... they credited me back the difference when I showed them my confirmation.

>>^..^<<

Hey, Cass, welcome back. It was nice meeting you and Noelle at the AKL last week.

The night before we checked out I asked for a listing of my room charges, and I had the same thing happen as Cass. I also had my reservation confirmation and once I showed it to them they credited back the $185 differential.

I think the people to most likely run into problems are those that booked it with the at-par deal on day one when CRO had the wrong exchange rate in their computer. But the moral of the story is to always have your confirmation with you when you travel. Especially with Disney.

- Mike

Did you say anything about the "glitch rate" when you got your bill corrected? Just so I know what to say when I present my confirmation! ;)

I also had to get my bill corrected in March since the boys stayed home and Dan is now considered an adult. The CM was very helpful when I pointed out that the charge for him was still on the rate and even though it was "after hours", he was able to get it corrected so I wouldn't have to go back. :)

Hi Mike.. how was your flight home? :)

TinNDansMom... don't worry about anything, just have your confirmation with you and only drag it out if you need to.

It will be fine!

>>^..^<<

The same thing happened to me!!

I checked in August 18th for 10 nights using the at par rate booked in May...the agent told me my package price which was very wrong! About $400 wrong....and not in my favour!

He was a bit offhandish assuring me that the Animal Kingdom rooms 'go' for significantly more than my confirmation stated and I felt a bit uncomfortable to say the least! It was very late..after midnight and he said Central res was closed so he would pursue it in the morning.I was prepared for a problem despite having the invoice onhand and which he had already seen anyway.I am not sure where he thought I could have obtained that if not from Disney??

At 7:30 a.m someone from the front desk called to say the mistake had been rectified and I should stop by the front desk and swipe my cc again at the new (and correct) rate. Last I checked I had 2 transactions on my credit card still but they said it takes 5-6 days to reverse it. I sure hope so!

You do have to keep an eye on this!

Our last trip we had some problems with double postings which the front desk rectified, and when I got home I noticed a couple more. I called and braced myself for several phone calls but the situation was dealt with and a follow up call from accounting came. I was very happy with the cast members they were quick to rectify the situation. We are leaving in a few days with the Canada at Par, I will be sure to bring my confirmation!

The lunch buffet at Trail's End is actually the highlight of our MK day!

We used AP rates at WL and AKL last March and were never even asked to present our APs. But they asked at PO.

well...we were at okw last march , and i had booked online in oct,
and payed for it in full, then i got all these emails from disney promotions about how moderate resorts were discounted at the same time i would be there....so i sent an email complaining about why was my price so high,and why should someone staying at a higher price resort not get similar offers ... it was peak season , but yet they were having discounts.....i had a maneger call me and apoligize......and give me a huge discount.....we had a 1300 dollar credit waiting for us when we got to disney.....but the maneger told me one thing very interesting and that was, even when you are checking in you should ask if there are any better rates ...cuz if there are they will give you back the difference...so i guess sometimes it pays to ask......( sorry if my post was a little confusing , i am very new at this :) )

We thought we had a CDN at par deal till we discovered that it was based on the Rack Rate which is always the highest you can pay. When I discovered the practice they said that was their policy. My in-laws live near Tampa and discoverd by using their address we got the same room in September for $ 49 US. Let's see: $ 109 CDN or $ 49 US. The inlaws booked two rooms under their name and we had a lot of fine for 5 nights.

When we checked into the Polynesian Conceirge Sept. 17, I came with confirmation in hand. Sure enough there was a big difference in amounts. The CM made several calls to CRO and Managers before fixing the 'glitch'. It was a difference of $500 U.S. :eek: As she was making phone calls I was sitting there feeling like a criminal. She showed it to another CM and examined the paper. This wasn't a great start to experiencing Conceirge.

Thanks to those on the boards who post these informative threads!!::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter