• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Watch Out "WORLD" the Scrappers are coming - Thanksgiving 2013!

So I talked to my boss today about taking Thanksgiving week 2013 off, he thought I was nuts!!!:rotfl::rotfl: He asked why I wanted the week off and I told him Julia's turning 16 and I am planning a special trip. He asked if we were going to Disney, I said yup! He just walked away shaking his head. Which means I have the time off!!!! He is starting to worry about me, I told him that as long as I can have my Disney time, I can recharge and deal with the madness that is my job. So we are definately on for this trip!

Now to try to talk Julia into maybe POFQ, I am not holding out much hope, maybe need to show her pics of the beignets and tell her she can have them for breakfast. With fruit and milk of course. That might work, but I have a feeling we will be at POP or the new animation resort if she has her way.

Cassey

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

well I'm doing a TR, so will take LOTS of photos of POFQ so it will convince her!!!
we will be having beignets for breakfast...lunch...dinner...snacks :rotfl:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

well I'm doing a TR, so will take LOTS of photos of POFQ so it will convince her!!!
we will be having beignets for breakfast...lunch...dinner...snacks :rotfl:

I will be showing her your trip report so she will see that it is a great resort. She wasn't too impressed by my pics from April, but we didn't swim in the pool or visit the arcade, she did like the horse and carriage ride pics so maybe I will use that too!

Cassey

I will be showing her your trip report so she will see that it is a great resort. She wasn't too impressed by my pics from April, but we didn't swim in the pool or visit the arcade, she did like the horse and carriage ride pics so maybe I will use that too!

Cassey

well I will get photos from Megan's point of view, hope it will help! we plan on spending a day at the resort the night of MNSSHP to hang out and we are doing the carriage ride on Sunday!

Okay so I asked Julia where she was thinking of staying and she wanted the animation resort, so we looked. The only standard rooms are Little Mermaid and no pics yet. So we looked at the mods, no to Caribbean Beach, no to Coronado Springs, not to Riverside, and maybe to French Quarter. Yay!!!! I also told her she could have fried pastry for breakfast, she is hooked. Time to start saving as I looked at the rates for 2011 and wow!!! She may change heer mind a million times between now and booking though.

Cassey

Okay so I asked Julia where she was thinking of staying and she wanted the animation resort, so we looked. The only standard rooms are Little Mermaid and no pics yet. So we looked at the mods, no to Caribbean Beach, no to Coronado Springs, not to Riverside, and maybe to French Quarter. Yay!!!! I also told her she could have fried pastry for breakfast, she is hooked. Time to start saving as I looked at the rates for 2011 and wow!!! She may change heer mind a million times between now and booking though.

Cassey

well save for a mod and then if you switch to a value you'll have extra spending money :woohoo: how can she say no to fresh, hot, yummy beignots every morning :lovestruc

after our fun convo today on the character letter swap I changed our title and included our new name....The Mixed Nuts!

I have officially started saving for this trip. Now when can I start planning??!!!

Cassey

I love the FQ as far as moderate resorts go- it is very nice. I know we will be staying at BLT (my birthday and that is where I love to stay) so if things stay the same with the lounge we can bring a group to the lounge for the evening and fireworks either Sunday or Monday night.

Rebecca

I love the FQ as far as moderate resorts go- it is very nice. I know we will be staying at BLT (my birthday and that is where I love to stay) so if things stay the same with the lounge we can bring a group to the lounge for the evening and fireworks either Sunday or Monday night.

Rebecca

that would be great Rebecca! it's such a wonderful view to watch Wishes and fun place to hang out!

I have officially started saving for this trip. Now when can I start planning??!!!

Cassey

:woohoo::woohoo:
don't they release hotel dates a year out? not sure how much we can "plan" but we can start our "idea's"

Rebecca

That sounds really nice.

Cassey

:woohoo::woohoo:
don't they release hotel dates a year out? not sure how much we can "plan" but we can start our "idea's"

I an just being impatient as usual. I am itching to plan a trip, not sure about next year yet, have to see how finances shape up.

With the room rates being so high for the week of Thanksgiving, I am thinking of doing room only. Julia just does not eat the way the dining plan wants her to. So dining will be out of pocket so she can eat what she wants, which is usually an appetizer, salad and desert to split. I will probably purchase park tickets sometime in the next few months and put them away till the trip. I have done this for the last couple trips and it works out pretty good as long as I put them in the same place all the time.

I need to call and check on my miles, if they will still be good, that will be our airfare. I offered the miles to my mom and dad to fly them here for Christmas but my mom says dad will not fly. This will be the first christmas we will not see them.:sad1:

I will have to be patient for awhile longer for the planning process.

Cassey

I love "The Mixed Nuts". I'm thinking a bunch of different nuts with little Mickey ears on them for our t-shirts would be fun. :)

I'm not sure if DH is going to let me do the on-site thing. I may have to stay with my folks. They have a place in Winter Haven. Dad swears it is only 20 minutes to WDW, but it is not like he has actually gone to time it. :lmao:

I'll find out how long it really is this Thanksgiving. We are meeting up with someone special and their family in DownTown Disney. :cloud9:

I need to figure out airfare, tickets, food and car rental. I don't have any idea how to plan airfare. Does it rise with a regular percentage? This year it is $268 per person round trip into Tampa.

Love the t-shirt idea, so cute!!

As for airfare, no rhyme or reason to the prices as far as I can tell. They claim to raise prices due to fuel costs but prices differ at different times of the year for the same flight.:confused3

Cassey

I got round trip tickets for the three of us this Thanksgiving for under $650. *That* is what clinched the trip this year, free dining was just a bonus ;) However, that is us flying on Thursdays...

love the t-shirt idea!!!

airfare from here is $350 + I might have enough points by then for free flights!!
we are doing the counter service plan only this trip so will see how we like it then decide how we want to eat our way around the world!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter