• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Watch out Dumbo, There's a bigger Circus coming to Town...Triplets take on the World

Thank the Lord the crisis was averted.

I am STILL ticked off that I am missing the epic Chicago meet. :(

Thank the Lord the crisis was averted.

I am STILL ticked off that I am missing the epic Chicago meet. :(

Yes.. I was really scared.. i really want to surprise them. They are Disney OBSESSED! Meg knows more then i do about movies. I think i am going to enter her in a trivia contest!!! every time we are all in a car they bring up Disney.. or if we are all sitting in one room. they bring up disney. It's shocking how much they really love everything Disney.
To surprise them with a trip is going to be my BEST Mom moment in history!!!! i cannot wait!!!

they do know we will be driving to Disney. i don't think surprising them then telling them OH WAIT WE HAVE AN 18 HOUR DRIVE TO GET THERE will go over well. this way i have them gearing for it.
Which of course they have been talking about this too.. what they plan on bringing with them to not drive me nuts while driving. at least i have an idea in what to pack in the car before we leave!!!

Speaking of:

What ideas do you have to keep the kids (me) entertained in a car?!?! We have two laptops (movies on the laptops.) kindle. hand held game systems Going to get new crayons (that's always the best) coloring books, books, eh i guess i have enough..

Speaking of:

What ideas do you have to keep the kids (me) entertained in a car?!?! We have two laptops (movies on the laptops.) kindle. hand held game systems Going to get new crayons (that's always the best) coloring books, books, eh i guess i have enough..

We discovered a gem that I never would have even thought of, my kid's came up with it. They both had large Lego sticker books that none of the stickers had come out of yet (hundreds, if not thousands of stickers of every size). The game consisted of one person (usually me or DH) finding a specific character and then the kids racing in the book to see who could find it first. It kept them busy for hours before I made them put it down. They loved it!

I plan on making a book with Disney pictures of different sizes and getting it bound for our trip for standing in line, it will keep them busy!

We did a camping trip to Canada when my 2 youngest were little. Lots of driving, little camping - it was the trip from h e double hockey sticks....

Anyway, I made up a list of all the states and had them mark off when they say that state's license plate - simple game, but it kept them busy. Also, you could not mark off a license plate from the state you were in. So if you were in Pennsylvania, you could not mark off a PA plate. You had to wait until you were in another state and saw it.

Another activity we did to keep the kids quiet was to draw maps of our route with mileage milestones (or trip highlights such as state lines, tourists spots, gas stations, whatever..) and have them color in the map once we reached that milestone.

Of course, we used these before we had hand-held games and portable dvd players......you know, back in stone age......

I've been swamped at work so now I'm way behind again on everyone's threads. I have a bad feeling it's going to be this way for at least a month because we just started Budget season again and I'm in charge. :crazy2:

I'm so glad Lex is doing better. I totally understand the having to keep them still for a long period. When Alex was 6 months old, he fell off the bed and broke his back leg. He had to have surgery and stay off of it for a month. Yep you read that right, I had to keep a 6 month old puppy from walking on his leg for a whole month! And Jim had knee surgery the day before Alex broke the leg so he couldn't help much. That was not a fun month but you do what you got to do for the babies! He was either in a crate or in my arms the whole time. When I took him outside, I had to hold his back legs up a little. I had an old 80s style cloth belt that I would wrap around his middle. It became know as the piss belt in our house. :rotfl:

Congratulations to Meg and her team! :cheer2: I hope they do well this weekend.

Hmmm, car games. What about road bingo? I think they actually make a game like that but you could probably make one yourself pretty easily. Spaces could be things like a McDonalds or a cow. I'm sure there has to be ideas on Pintrest.

When I was little we used to play a Volkswagon Bug game. Each person picked a color and you got a point for each Bug you saw in that color. Of course the kids got to pick the colors first so usually me or my brother would win. One time we had a large group in a van and the colors were all picked so my Great Uncle picked purple. Would you believe we actually saw a purple one with stars all over it! Now though there are few Bugs on the road and most other cars look alike so it would be hard to play.

Speaking of:

I just pinned some Disney stuff for driving to Disney on my Pinterest page! Like some Disney-themed road games and such, you can find my board HERE!!!!!

So many fun ideas, the problem will be choosing! :scratchin

We discovered a gem that I never would have even thought of, my kid's came up with it. They both had large Lego sticker books that none of the stickers had come out of yet (hundreds, if not thousands of stickers of every size). The game consisted of one person (usually me or DH) finding a specific character and then the kids racing in the book to see who could find it first. It kept them busy for hours before I made them put it down. They loved it!

I plan on making a book with Disney pictures of different sizes and getting it bound for our trip for standing in line, it will keep them busy!

This, I Love!!! the sticker books are a huge hit with my kids!

We did a camping trip to Canada when my 2 youngest were little. Lots of driving, little camping - it was the trip from h e double hockey sticks....

Anyway, I made up a list of all the states and had them mark off when they say that state's license plate - simple game, but it kept them busy. Also, you could not mark off a license plate from the state you were in. So if you were in Pennsylvania, you could not mark off a PA plate. You had to wait until you were in another state and saw it.

Another activity we did to keep the kids quiet was to draw maps of our route with mileage milestones (or trip highlights such as state lines, tourists spots, gas stations, whatever..) and have them color in the map once we reached that milestone.

Of course, we used these before we had hand-held games and portable dvd players......you know, back in stone age......

Actually this is awesome!!! I would rather them look around and see the states we are driving threw rather then staring at a game system!!!

I've been swamped at work so now I'm way behind again on everyone's threads. I have a bad feeling it's going to be this way for at least a month because we just started Budget season again and I'm in charge. :crazy2:

don't you hate when work gets in the way??? jerks..

I'm so glad Lex is doing better. I totally understand the having to keep them still for a long period. When Alex was 6 months old, he fell off the bed and broke his back leg. He had to have surgery and stay off of it for a month. Yep you read that right, I had to keep a 6 month old puppy from walking on his leg for a whole month! And Jim had knee surgery the day before Alex broke the leg so he couldn't help much. That was not a fun month but you do what you got to do for the babies! He was either in a crate or in my arms the whole time. When I took him outside, I had to hold his back legs up a little. I had an old 80s style cloth belt that I would wrap around his middle. It became know as the piss belt in our house. :rotfl:

O.M.G. you needed a vacation after all that!!! TWO injured babies! :rotfl: poor puppy. that's all they want to do it run jump and act like a PUPPY! Don't like to hear when kids and puppies have owies...

LOVE the piss belt.. more shocked the dis allows it to be written out! :rotfl:

need one of them.. and tie up my golden to the fence with it. He has decided to start lifting his leg ON my back storm door... so i am sure you guessed yes it's all over and when they all come in they track it with them... i am TIRED of washing my floors and dog feet...

Congratulations to Meg and her team! :cheer2: I hope they do well this weekend.

Thank you!!!!! I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO excited for them!!!

Hmmm, car games. What about road bingo? I think they actually make a game like that but you could probably make one yourself pretty easily. Spaces could be things like a McDonalds or a cow. I'm sure there has to be ideas on Pintrest.

Smart idea.. Going to print a bunch of stuff from there...

When I was little we used to play a Volkswagon Bug game. Each person picked a color and you got a point for each Bug you saw in that color. Of course the kids got to pick the colors first so usually me or my brother would win. One time we had a large group in a van and the colors were all picked so my Great Uncle picked purple. Would you believe we actually saw a purple one with stars all over it! Now though there are few Bugs on the road and most other cars look alike so it would be hard to play.

Umm yeah we play that yet a little different. we call it SLUG BUG. and they hit each other saying SLUG BUG- the color -NO HIT BACKS.. it gets a little brutal. I only play with the older model..
There is a yellow on which looks EXACTLY like pickachoo (i have no idea how to spell that pokemon) there is one with bubbles on it. another by the house they glued Penny's all over it.. people take it way beyond

I just pinned some Disney stuff for driving to Disney on my Pinterest page! Like some Disney-themed road games and such, you can find my board HERE!!!!!
so many fun ideas, the problem will be choosing! :scratchin

I AM FOLLOWING YOU THERE TOO!!! i am such a stalker!!! thank you you have GREAT ideas on there!!!

Update following...

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!​

these are some FANTASTIC ideas!!! I would much rather have the kids SEE the country side! rather then face in a damn video game. so i will be using ALL of these ideas!!! i need to start printing now by the time the trip rolls around there will be an abundance for them too do!!! Pintrest is my friend..

Cold. :cold: I am SO DAMN tired of this cold!!!! right now my fingers are freezing. about to wear gloves in my office. :crazy2: i am going to fold myself ion one of Kathy's luggage pieces and she is taking me with her to Florida when she leave in like 2 days... Considering she only takes like 1 or two pieces i think she may notice. especially when the luggage outweighs her and Mark.. :lmao:

Disney... well i called yesterday.. My conversation with the first CM about making an early check in and requesting a long house. was... well... interesting. this was my first time calling and having a CM speak not so great english and was hard to understand. (my first red flag) She was VERY nice and we giggled a lot.. I asked for the early check in as we are driving down and plan on being there about 8-9am. She tells me how i can do that on line like a month before we go... Ummm No. as in i would like to check into the resort before 3pm... She said again.. Yes you can do that in July.... ummm No.. as in we are driving there and i would like to be able to check INTO MY ROOM BEFORE 3PM... OHHHHHHHHHH ok i put dat in the notes..
No guarantee.. that's perfectly fine and i understand THAT. Ok Next request is if i can request a longhouse.. Ok i do dat.. we get off topic and giggle again.. She says thank you for calling I said Wait i didn't tell you about the request of a long house. She states I put dat in. You want a longhouse...
Please tell me i am dreaming?
Did this just happen?
Why yes it did..
Umm No. ALL of the rooms are IN longhouses i would like to request a certain one!!!!
OHHHHH O-TAY. i write dat in too.

Yeah not so confident it went the way it should have..

call another number for tickets. Yep i got another CM who isn't speaking English either :sad2: I know tickets went up.. and OH MY MICKEY DID THEY EVER!!! :scared1:
Crap... My trip just went over budget. i can't have this!!!!
I call Tom. Tell him my projected days. He made a change and said yes go with what i had and we will talk when we are home about some other changes. :thumbsup2

So my days are going to look like this:

Arrival: Day 1 Epcot Beirgarten for early dinner.

Day 2 MK Chef Mickey Dessert party

Day 3 MK Early Dinner BOG then off to MNSSHP

Day 4 Late morning head over to HS Dinner at Sci fi

Day 5 AK breakfast at Tusker House

Day 6 MK Dinner Ohana

Day 7 EP Breakfast at Akershus

Day 8 Departure Day :sad1: Resort day either Ohana breakfast OR 1900 PF?? DTD Then head home... BOOOOOOO not happy about this day.

What do you think?​

The kids had an eye app yesterday (no Meg did not go to practice) I went to practice, came home and started looking at the number a little more closely. I am already over budget still haven't added MNSSHP and Dessert party.. I play with new things...

Tom and Kids got home their eyes are perfect! :woohoo: we all talked a bit, then i went to hide so i can talk to Tom and call Disney again.
Finally i talk to someone i can understand!!! :cheer2: we talk numbers, other stuff that MAY happen in the future (like free dining) other discounts which will impact my trip greatly if they happen. :thumbsup2
Regardless that is a MIGHT happen. i am a person who wants the NOW prices so i can plan accordingly.
I price everything out. Several different scenarios. Tom needed to call Chris. Yeah remember we are traveling with Friends?
Need to let them know of how we will like to change a little. No response from Chris. I emailed Jen this morning. I haven't heard back from her either.
so i sit.

So once i have answers i will share!!!

Then i hear this:

"The traffic flow circling Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom has always been a bit congested. Disney Imagineers are already in the process of remedying that problem. Construction has begun to add a second ring around the main hub that will increase the number of walkways and also provide designated FastPass+ areas for parade viewing and to see Wishes in the evenings.

In order to create the second ring, some of the landscaping will be scaled back or removed altogether and some of the waterways will be made smaller, but not be removed. Once completed, there will be fountains and topiaries added for decoration, and also artificial grass. More info to come as we hear. Thank you Disney Dining for the info!"​

Hey Mo, just a quick response and I have to get out of here to do some errands!! You may want to make your first stop at Epcot the meet and greet for Elsa and Anna since it is open at 9 and fills up quickly. It is in Norway, and even though nothing else much is open at that time of morning, that is up and running. Just a thought.

It's too bad about the increase in the tickets. Usually there is a bit of warning so people can book or grab them if they need them. Nada on this one I guess. Hope it all works out for your budget. Maybe you can get a fourth job?? I know, put a jar out just before the May Dis extravaganza asking for donations. Time with Stevie could be $1. Get creative.

I hope to start my TR tomorrow. I'm working on my pics now. Thanks to you and everyone for your encouragement. There were a few "surprises" on this trip. It was truly like no other we've taken. So, hopefully, it will be interesting for anyone who might follow.

I love the pics of the dogs...yours and Tess'. We don't have a dog any more, and I guess it's a good thing since we travel so much. But I sure did love having one and miss that special love only a dog or other animal can give. Thanks for sharing yours.

Have a great day and good luck to Meg and her team and you. What a great accomplishment for those little athletes. And good luck keeping the Disney secret. You've got some smart little cookies there! Oh, and one last thing. There is a license plate game app for the iPhone. I downloaded it when I drove with Emily to move them to Colorado last year. It's pretty cool as it tells you if a plate is easy or hard to find, keeps track of where you were when you found each plate and keeps track of how many more you have to go. They even have different plate designs if that state has more than one. Lots of fun!

Hmmm...ok where to start?!!

Stinks about the CMs you got, hopefully your room requests are all there!! I'd check on that next time you call....

Your plans look great to me! :) Fun times!

And WHAT?!!?!! Construction around the hub would SO not be fun and would affect photos too I'm sure so that sucks!! Hope that doesn't happen in the fall! Sounds like a big project...

And I wanna hear about your other plans NOW!! Boo on your friends not getting back to you right away... ;)

I think what the CM was talking about was the 60 day online check in. When you do that, you can request specific buildings and you also put in what time you will arrive to check in. On my last four trips I've done the online check in and my room has been ready every time despite getting there well before 3 pm. I know it's still not a guarentee but I think it gives you a better chance since they know when you are arriving. So mark you calendar to do check in on the same day you do your FP+ reservations!

I'm actually kind of excited about the changes to the Hub area. I saw the before and after pictures and it really didn't look like they took out too much of the landscaping. There were walls up around Casey's outdoor seating area two weeks ago and I thought it was just part of the renovations of the restaurant since Casey's was closed. Now I'm thinking it was part of this change.

Hey Mo, just a quick response and I have to get out of here to do some errands!! You may want to make your first stop at Epcot the meet and greet for Elsa and Anna since it is open at 9 and fills up quickly. It is in Norway, and even though nothing else much is open at that time of morning, that is up and running. Just a thought.

hummm do you think there will be a FP for that??? the Frozen Gals and Duffy are PRIORITY this trip...

Is it only Elsa and Ana? i wonder if the MNSSHP will have them? along with Hans and Kristoph?

It's too bad about the increase in the tickets. Usually there is a bit of warning so people can book or grab them if they need them. Nada on this one I guess. Hope it all works out for your budget. Maybe you can get a fourth job?? I know, put a jar out just before the May Dis extravaganza asking for donations. Time with Stevie could be $1. Get creative.

I like this idea.... :lmao:

I hope to start my TR tomorrow. I'm working on my pics now. Thanks to you and everyone for your encouragement. There were a few "surprises" on this trip. It was truly like no other we've taken. So, hopefully, it will be interesting for anyone who might follow.

:rolleyes1 WHERE IS THIS REPORT?!?!?! popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

I love the pics of the dogs...yours and Tess'. We don't have a dog any more, and I guess it's a good thing since we travel so much. But I sure did love having one and miss that special love only a dog or other animal can give. Thanks for sharing yours.

:hug: Love my animals.. i will share anytime!!!

Have a great day and good luck to Meg and her team and you. What a great accomplishment for those little athletes. And good luck keeping the Disney secret. You've got some smart little cookies there!

i really do... So now i can kind of plan and call in front of them.. since they know how long it takes to plan a trip!!! so this may work out in my favor :scratchin

Oh, and one last thing. There is a license plate game app for the iPhone. I downloaded it when I drove with Emily to move them to Colorado last year. It's pretty cool as it tells you if a plate is easy or hard to find, keeps track of where you were when you found each plate and keeps track of how many more you have to go. They even have different plate designs if that state has more than one. Lots of fun!

another great idea!!!! going to make this up too!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Hmmm...ok where to start?!!

always hard to find the start of one of my ramblings... :smokin:

Stinks about the CMs you got, hopefully your room requests are all there!! I'd check on that next time you call....

who knows i am not going ot worry about it until tonight... :rolleyes1

Your plans look great to me! :) Fun times!

i think there is a flaw.. i just have to keep looking... i am not doing ANY of the EMH??? totally missing the electrical parade here too... not allowed. i need the song stuck in my head for another year or so...

And WHAT?!!?!! Construction around the hub would SO not be fun and would affect photos too I'm sure so that sucks!! Hope that doesn't happen in the fall! Sounds like a big project...
from what the picture showed. it might just be sidewalk project nothing really being disrupted?? :confused3 should only take a day or two to finish..

And I wanna hear about your other plans NOW!! Boo on your friends not getting back to you right away... ;)

i still don't have a final answer on this.. but i guess i can write it out?!?! OR make you guess until i write the Trip report... :stir:

I think what the CM was talking about was the 60 day online check in. When you do that, you can request specific buildings and you also put in what time you will arrive to check in. On my last four trips I've done the online check in and my room has been ready every time despite getting there well before 3 pm. I know it's still not a guarentee but I think it gives you a better chance since they know when you are arriving. So mark you calendar to do check in on the same day you do your FP+ reservations!

this is what she was talking about BUT i like to have it in my notes WAY before on line check in.. why? to lessen the crap i have to remember later...
:badpc:

I'm actually kind of excited about the changes to the Hub area. I saw the before and after pictures and it really didn't look like they took out too much of the landscaping. There were walls up around Casey's outdoor seating area two weeks ago and I thought it was just part of the renovations of the restaurant since Casey's was closed. Now I'm thinking it was part of this change.

then maybe this will be completed in Sept?!?! They need to do something with the hub because of the ongoing outright fist fights that happen for the parades?
OR maybe the inner circle will be used for those that do the FP for the parades and fireworks?!?!

I should have done this earlier I am sorry..

but did i ever tell you how WONDERFUL my Dis friends are???

look what came in the mail!

My very good friend Connie (Oopsi) sent us some WONDERFUL GIFTS!!!

Came home from picking up the kids as you can see they haven't even taken off their coats!!! It was these really cool stickers that light up Marvel of course!!! my main man Thor and the other coolest avenger Iron Man! Then Meg has these ADORABLE barrettes:

I have to get a better picture of these... one mickey and one minnie!!!! I JUST LOVE THEM!!!
She called it Mickey Monday. I LOVE THAT! The midget FLIPPED when they opened it! So excited!!! so was i to be honest. this is the sweet gift and i thank you from the bottom of my heart! :hug:

in the back of Zack is that B-I-G HUGE perry Matt bought at the store.. :cool2:

you won't have to worry about having the Electrical Parade music stuck in your head because you will have the "Boo to You" song stuck there for the next year - I guarantee it!

Okay, no report yet. I'm trying, I really am, but I am getting ready to go to Virginia to help out when Jennifer has her next procedure, so I'm pretty busy. I mean, not busy like YOU are busy, but busy for me!:rotfl2:

If you ever get someone you can't understand when you call Disney, just excuse yourself and hang up and call right back. The chances of you getting the same person is pretty slim. You can always say, "I'll have to call you back, my ferret is lost in the couch" or something equally unbelievable. :thumbsup2

I hope they start doing fp for the Frozen M&G, but it wasn't when we were there. The lines were consistently 3 hours long fairly quickly. :faint: As far as I know it was just Elsa and Anna. To tell you the truth, I think for once Disney was caught off guard with how wildly popular this movie turned out to be. There is absolutely NO merchandise to be had anywhere at Disney. A CM told me they expect a big shipment to coincide with the release of the DVD. Come to think of it, maybe it's Disney's version of the Cabbage Patch doll or the Wii. Make people crazy wanting them and they'll pay anything. Who knows?

How fun to get some pixie dust from Connie! DIS friends are the best!!:grouphug:

It's time to get back up to finish up the laundry and cleaning the bathrooms upstairs. :laundy: Coffe break is over. Believe me, I'd rather be doing a trip report!

I love your little smilies you use, hahahahah!! You crack me up SO much! I don't think you should be evil :stir: and make us wait!! Just write up what your cooking up and provide me with some good reading material!! popcorn:: Hahah!

Sorry that Disney planning has been a little rough on you this week...

And I also must apologize, but Alli and I literally CRACKED UP over your phone conversation with Disney... I know that's horrible - but you described it so well. I agree with Lois - hang up, try again. I am very bad with accents too, and I have such a hard time understanding them.

Regardless - I hope you were able to get everything figured out... Your ADR day is approaching quickly!

Loved the Pixie Dust from Connie - I wore my clip to work the other day, It felt good to Disney-fy my Target day.

I hope you have a good weekend.

Love ya, mean it!

D~

Thought I would add my car entertainment idea and input on crayons on car. We drove one year when my kids were about the ages of yours. We had crayons, one got left in the car ..... It was hot, crayon melted and made a terrible mess, new rule came into play -no crayons in car EVER! We did pick up the AAA travel books as the kids began to rev up I said to get the books and find one interesting thing about each state we drove through - as we drove through Kentucky my son discovered they had a Louisville slugger factory that had tours. We were too excited to get to Disney on the way to FL but, we would check it out on the way home. (We did but forgot a time change and arrived just after it had closed). The travel books kept the kids on the look out for different things for the rest of our trip, and we're able to give suggestions as we neared places we had planned to stop for meals. Surprisingly they learned a little more about each state as we drove through it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter