"Wasting" TS credits?

We were so "table-serviced out" by the end of our trip last week that we canceled our ressie for WCC and converted the credits to CS and had a relaxing meal by the pool. Like a previous poster, I think it was the most enjoyable meal of our trip. I didn't have to worry that the baby was distrubing fellow diners because there was noise all around us and the girls were free to jump in the pool the minute they were finished eating. Do what works best for your family. If you change your mind, you can always try to get a ressie somewhere while you're there. Have a great trip!

How do you convert TS credits to CS credits. I know there will be at least 3 meals that we were planning to just do CS. Thanks!!

i'm pretty sure you just go up to the register and say "use my TS credit for this meal".

Voila.

They will probably be slightly shocked because of the "loss of value". Just speak slowly to them and tell them you understand you aren't maximing your plan and YOU JUST WANT TO EAT....lol.
After their shock wears off.....I think they will understand.

How does one convert table service credits to counter service? :confused3 I may skip out on the last day's table service for a CS at our resort CBR and use the pool on the last vacation day. It seems silly to 'run' to another resort that has table service-restaurants when I can relax pool side and eat CS.

If you're paying for the plan, you're only "wasting" TS credits using them for CS if you purchased the plan with the idea of saving money. If you got the plan free, or you're just using it because you feel it's more convenient than pay as you go, then it won't matter if you downgrade the value of those credits so much, but if your ultimate goal was to save money, you might need to do some calculations before you decide to trade TS for CS. Most of the value of the DDP comes from the table service meal component.

Thanks for all the input. I really do appreciate it.

We're staying at a Value (ASMo) and it's free dining. Even if we could get a decent enough room discount - I didn't receive a PIN or anything - I know myself well enough that I'd cheap out and wouldn't have booked the ADRs I did if it would be OOP. ;)

Sigh. I don't want to book a TS if it's not the kind of food DD and I would both enjoy just because it's all that's left but maybe I can just keep an eye out for any new openings. If I spot something at one of my top choices we'll book an ADR. If not, CS it is. We can play it by ear.
I don't see the value in eating somewhere you don't want to eat just to maximize the points.

That said...have you considered:

California Grill-my kids really enjoy the atomsophere here. I book the earliest possible seating so that we are out of there before they might get cranky and with that first seating I have always recieved a window seat

Boma-my youngest is the worlds pickiest eater but always finds something here-great chance to check out the animals before dinner too. And they have a photopass photographer in the lobby that will take your photo. I have gotten some great photos of my kids here.

Cape May-character breakfast at Beach Club-I like to do a late breakfast-more brunch-easy to get to from MGM or Epcot

Tony's at MK-I went for the first time in August-I just got a salad (not on DDP) but DH got scampi and said it was good-cute atmosphere with Lady & Tramp theme.

OHana-breakfast-it is nice that it is served family style-a bit easier when you are with a toddler

1900 Park Fare breakfast or dinner-good food and characters

We use our table service meals as a rest time. The kids loved just being able to relax in airconditioning. My kids were 5, 3 and 1 last year when we went. One of their favorites was Coral Reef.

can you really convert a TS to CS? i asked on the phone because i couldnt get a reservation for the last meal of my trip and they told me that only during certain times they authorize you to swap meals and that its a case by case basis, she said there was no way to use that last TS for CS even if i couldnt get a reservation. has anyone done this lately?

can you really convert a TS to CS? i asked on the phone because i couldnt get a reservation for the last meal of my trip and they told me that only during certain times they authorize you to swap meals and that its a case by case basis, she said there was no way to use that last TS for CS even if i couldnt get a reservation. has anyone done this lately?

It's certainly not an option that is advertised, but most Disney-Owned and Operated Quick Service Restaurants at the Walt Disney World Resort will accept Table Service Disney Dining Plan credits.

They don't "swap" the credits (i.e. turning 1 TS Credit into 1 CS Credit), per se. What happens is that they accept one of your TS Credits as payment in lieu of a CS Credit - the receipt will indicate that it was a TS Meal, and the credit will be deducted from your TS allocation.

Simply inform the Host or Hostess on the Cash Register that you intend to use Table Service credits at the beginning of the transaction. This will allow them to better serve you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter