Washrooms

JºoºhnG

DIS Lurker but getting out a little more often now
My Wife has MS and it affects her in such a way as she does not like to be too far from a bathroom for long periods of time. Therefore a Monorail ride to the Magic Kingdom is out of the question.

Does anyone know if there are washrooms on the Fairy Boat that goes to the MAgic Kingdom from the Transportation Centre?

Thanks

John

JºoºhnG;31521615 said:
My Wife has MS and it affects her in such a way as she does not like to be too far from a bathroom for long periods of time. Therefore a Monorail ride to the Magic Kingdom is out of the question.

Does anyone know if there are washrooms on the Fairy Boat that goes to the MAgic Kingdom from the Transportation Centre?

Thanks

John

No, there is not a restroom on the ferry boat. There are restrooms at the TTC (where the boat leaves to head to MK) and just past the security check point outside the turnstiles at the MK. (To the right near the GS window)

Thanks for the Info. Do u have to park at the TTC or can u get parking closer to Magic Kingdom with a Handicapped Tag?

John

There is no parking at the Magic Kingdom and the only way there is the ferry, WDW buses, and the monorail. You can use your medical placard to park at TTC and then walk a couple blocks to the ferry.

Good news about the monorail is that she can take the resort Monorail and it stops at three hotels that have the washrooms available but it is a longer ride. The ramp is very unsafely steep for getting on the monorail at TTC and the ferry is the best answer. If she wants to ride the monorail then try getting on at one of the resorts like the Polynesian and have some lunch while there.

you have to park at the TTC and take either the ferry or monorail, but the bus goes directly to the park entrance.

it is a bit of a walk from the HC parking to the TTC - if your wife can step up into a tram, it may actually be faster than the HC parking area.

your wife may want to speak to her dr about other options for in the park. you will be away from restrooms at least as long when waiting for a ride (even if there is no one in line). there are no front of the line passes anymore for people using wheelchairs or with similar needs (that changed a few years ago), so you and your wife will have to wait, even if you use a GAC. she may need to look at options, just in case!

also, most attractions are longer than 10 minutes (philharmagic is 15 including preshow, GMR is 20ish, etc) and there is no options of bathrooms on those rides. unless your wife can go 5-10 minutes without a bathroom, she will be unable to enjoy a lot of the attractions without exploring other options.

i dont know how your wifes condition presents itself, so i am just trying to cover all the options :)
(i say this as someone who, while not having MS, i have a condition that mimics it, so i understand about sudden bathroom needs!!! my best advice is PLAN AHEAD!)

JºoºhnG;31521728 said:
Thanks for the Info. Do u have to park at the TTC or can u get parking closer to Magic Kingdom with a Handicapped Tag?

John
Anyone who drives to the Magic Kingdom will need to go to the TTC in order to get to Magic Kingdom (MK). Monorails and ferry boats both leave from the TTC and go to MK. Neither the monorails or the ferry boats have restrooms.
The ferry boat is a little longer walk than the monorails, but getting up to the monorail station involves going up a long, steep ramp to get from ground level to the monorail station which is about 20 feet off the ground.

The 'regular' parking lots have tram service and trams drop you off quite close to the entrance to the TTC. The handicapped parking area does not have trams and the walk to get from that lot to the TTC is usually described as pretty long. If your wife needs a wheelchair and doesn't have a wheelchair or ECV, there are 'shuttle wheelchairs' at the handicapped parking at all the parks. That doesn't necessarily mean they will have one when you arrive, but there is a good chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter