Washington/Oregon

One of the most amazing things I've ever seen, Crater Lake National Park in Oregon.

Crater_Lake.jpg

I grew up in Oregon, you did not mention the ages of those who would be going but in my opinion the best places to visit are:
Crater lake (photo by previous poster above. THe Oregon Caves but you need to take the tour. You walk through the blackest caves and they turn out the lights and then turn on colored lights to highlight all the formations in the caves, it is very pretty.
Oregon sand dunes a lot of fun to surf down or just rent a dune buggy. Newport-a representitive beach city.
Jacksonville- I went when I was very young but I still remember it as being lots of fun. Many of the buildings set in the victorian era and the people who work there act as if they are still in it. Great place to take children.
I also enjoy the Mt. Hood area and timberline lodge-great hiking.
I now live in Washingon but have not traveled here as much. Places I would go:
Mt. St helens, and Seattle (Pikes place, Space needle, EMP) and for me that is about it. Can you tell I still love Oregon best :)

Depends on your interests. We have salt water and fresh water for fishing and water sports. Mountains and deserts for outdoor activies, hiking and camping. Pro sports teams. Big cities or small towns. What do you enjoy? What says "vacation" to you?

In the past couple years we have taken some great little WA/OR vacations. We have split rocks to find fossils, hiked in caves, toured dams, panned for gold, visited ghost towns, saw Crater lake, saw sea lions in sea lion caves, played on the beach, visited filming locations from the Goonies movie, visited an old west town, etc, etc. The area is not lacking for interesting things to do!

How much time do you have AND when are you going? I'd suggest August or September. I've vacationed there so many times. I personally love the coast of Oregon. Great little beaches with seals and kite flying. Tillamook Cheese! newport! Then there's the incredible area around Bend and the Metolius River with mint farms all over the place. The Hood River area is amazing and Heavily wind surfed. Crater Lake. The wine region southeast of Portland. Portland's sights: Rose Garden, Japanese Garden, waterfall hikes. Seriously, I'm not half done but this post would get too long. Look up Orca Island - amazing!!! pm me if you really want more.
Both states have tourism sights and the library has travel books.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter