Washington, D.C.?

paras4ri said:
How do we request tickets for the Capitol tour, contact our local congressmen?

Go to your congressman or senator's website. All of ours had a form to fill out asking what tours you would like, and what days you will be there. Our congressman's office called us and confirmed before they sent the tickets. If they don't have the form, they should have a local phone number you can call. The capitol tour was really wonderful, it was definitely a highlight of our trip.

By the way, do it ASAP. We contacted him 6 months in advance and some of the tickets for the tours were all gone already :guilty: .

The National Air and Space Museum on the National Mall but I'm not sure how many have yet caught on to the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center which is an extension of the A & S M but is located about four miles from Dulles Airport.

There is a shuttle available from the A&S museum but it's not cheap. It cost about $12 to park at the actual UH Center so you basically have to decide which way you'd rather spend your money. (And if you'd rather drive or have someone else do it)

BUT!!! The UH Center is SO worth it! Don't miss out on this one.

Once again, i strongly encourage you to visit FODORS.com, the most comprehensive travel board on the web.

Type Washington DC in the search box for the most info, ideas and feedback than you'll ever need.

I took both of my daughters on school sponsored trips to D.C. & Williamsburg, each when they had just finished 5th grade. They both loved it and we are now (in fact decided at dinner this evening) planning on making D.C. our family summer vacation this year. DH hasn't been since he was a kid & is really looking forward to it. Since my girls are older now (17 & 13 by the time we travel), I would love some recommendations on some really nice restaurants & how/where to possibly take in some theatre performances. Would love some good hotel recommendations too - near all the monuments & museums. What day trips around D.C. would you recommend? We will spend at least a couple of days at Williamsburg. Thanks!

Wait until this spring and order an Entertainment book www.entertainment.com for Northern Virginia/Washington D.C. for around $10 to $15. Inside you will find 2 for 1 coupons for the Tourmobile Sightseeing bus, D.C. Ducks and Old Town Trolley tours. There are also coupons for the local amusement parks and water parks if you need a break from the D.C. heat. Also, drive down the G.W. Parkway through Old Town and to George Washington's Mount Vernon for a day of touring Washington's lovely estate on the Potomac River. Have a great trip! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter