Washer/Dryer in the new Poly one bedrooms?

Uncleromulus

Plain grey will be fine
Just wondering--a prize asset when we stay at OKW so I was wondering if the Poly units had them??

As far as I know there are no one bedroom units at the Poly. Hopefully there will be in the future!

There are washers/dryers in each DVC building, but not in the room itself. I believe the bungalows do have W/D.

The new DVC Poly has studios only without washers and dryers. I think only 1 building has a laundry room with 3-4 washers and dryers, from what I read. The bungalows are 2 bedrooms and have a W/D in each (and a plunge pool).

As far as I know there are no one bedroom units at the Poly. Hopefully there will be in the future!

There are washers/dryers in each DVC building, but not in the room itself. I believe the bungalows do have W/D.

The new DVC Poly has studios only without washers and dryers. I think only 1 building has a laundry room with 3-4 washers and dryers, from what I read. The bungalows are 2 bedrooms and have a W/D in each (and a plunge pool).

As lovin'fl mentions, all bungalows have a W/D. 360 PVB studios share a single laundry room in the Moorea longhouse.
This laundry room has 4 washing machines and 8 dryers.

Averages one washing machine per 90 studios. Very sad considering BLT has 3 washing machines for a maximum of 133 studios (if none are booked for 2BR lockoffs) and VGF has 2 washing machines for a maximum of 47 studios (if none are booked for 2BR lockoffs).

Initially, there were reports a laundry room would be in each longhouse. Those reports proved to be incorrect.
Only Disney insiders know why PVB was given a significantly worse laundry situation the the other monorail resorts.

As lovin'fl mentions, all bungalows have a W/D. 360 PVB studios share a single laundry room in the Moorea longhouse.
This laundry room has 4 washing machines and 8 dryers.

Averages one washing machine per 90 studios. Very sad considering BLT has 3 washing machines for a maximum of 133 studios (if none are booked for 2BR lockoffs) and VGF has 2 washing machines for a maximum of 47 studios (if none are booked for 2BR lockoffs).

Initially, there were reports a laundry room would be in each longhouse. Those reports proved to be incorrect.
Only Disney insiders know why PVB was given a significantly worse laundry situation the the other monorail resorts.

Maybe Disney knows that they are getting so expensive that guests are staying for shorter vacation and they won't need to do laundry!

:earsboy: Bill

The "laundry app" works, and during our Poly studio stay, DH did 3 loads on laundry in a convenient time frame. We were Moorea building, that's where the DVC laundramatt is.

Yep, unfortunately zero 1 bdrms at the Poly Villas. For us that's big bummer as even with 2 of us we almost always stay in a 1 bdrm. I do find the Studios there to be the best setup though. Other than the scarcity of the laundry facilities for all those studios…

It really surprises me that DVC didn't spend a little money out of the overall cost to jackhammer a little in each longhouse to put a small laundry in each. Not totally surprised they didn't spend the great cost it would have take to reconfigure the bathrooms a bit better.

Yep, unfortunately zero 1 bdrms at the Poly Villas. For us that's big bummer as even with 2 of us we almost always stay in a 1 bdrm. I do find the Studios there to be the best setup though. Other than the scarcity of the laundry facilities for all those studios…

It really surprises me that DVC didn't spend a little money out of the overall cost to jackhammer a little in each longhouse to put a small laundry in each. Not totally surprised they didn't spend the great cost it would have take to reconfigure the bathrooms a bit better.

The bathroom layout is different from when they were resort rooms. It would have been relatively cheap for Disney to add a European style washer and dryer in that wasted laundry area.

Disney heard enough complaints about the BLT studio bathroom that they decided to add a sink long after it opened. Many thought they would charge existing owners, but that was not the case. Disney grew so tired of hearing about the mistake that they paid for the remodel.

The bathroom layout is different from when they were resort rooms. It would have been relatively cheap for Disney to add a European style washer and dryer in that wasted laundry area.

Disney heard enough complaints about the BLT studio bathroom that they decided to add a sink long after it opened. Many thought they would charge existing owners, but that was not the case. Disney grew so tired of hearing about the mistake that they paid for the remodel.

IIRC, they didn't add a sink - they just remodeled to include the sink inside the bathroom. Prior to that it was outside the room containing the tub and toilet, in the kitchenette. Agree it wasn't a thoughtful desing!

I also wish the Poly had included a washer/dryer in one of the bath areas (or at least put a toilet in each room). That would have made the points per night mroe palatable for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter