Was your full balcony request honored at BC ?

Lilo&Stitch

Mouseketeer
Hi fellow dis'rs !

We are splurging for our May trip and staying at the Beach Club ! while i'm extremely excited about it, i'm also nervous about not getting a full balcony! I don't mean to sound spoiled :rotfl: but DH & I really want to sit out on the balcony and enjoy a couple of drinks ! so my question is, have you requested a full balcony and gotten it ? what is our best plan for getting what we want ? :rotfl:

We checked in on a Friday morning and had requested a full balcony, but ended up with a standing room only one. Honestly, I don't know why I expected the request to be granted but I did, and was disappointed when I didn't get it. From looking at the building, there are also quite a few full length standing room only balconies (stretch the entire exterior length of the room).

Just know in advance that you might not get the full balcony, so you aren't disappointed once you get there. On the plus side, I do really like the Beach Club!

I agree with Cali D , anytime I've had my heart set on a request I rarely get it, then another time I go without any requests and I get a free upgrade. Lol

You never know what will happen, if you just have to have a balcony maybe it's better to do beach club villa studio??

Sorry you were disappointed ! and that's exactly how we will feel if we don't get one ! you think our chances are better booking at the Yacht Club ? it looks like there are more balconies there :confused3

Yes, chances are much better at the Yacht Club! Almost all have a full balcony, I think there are one or two rooms with a standing room balcony, another room or two with no balcony, and a few that have a large shared balcony.

Well maybe i'll switch over to the Yacht Club, they're basically the same resorts anyway ! :rotfl:

Nope no children this trip, does it matter ?

Yes, I would like to know as well about children.....Because I am bringing my children with me??? Just wondering...

I think the question about children was because a lot of people think that BC is better for kids than YC. The decor at BC seems to be more kid friendly in some people's opinions, but my kids LOVE YC. We're going back for our 4th stay there this year, and they have never expressed a desire to be at BC instead.

If you really want a balcony, I'd switch to YC.

Oh ok.. thanks so much ! I will definitely switch over to YC then if my chances are better there ! :thumbsup2

The reason I asked about children was because sometimes people like a balcony best because they can hang out on it while kids are sleeping. But if you don't have children there are tons of place around beach club where you guys could relax and have a drink if you didn't have a balcony.

Lilo&Stitch, I am totally in the same dilemma! I am debating whether to change to Yacht Club for the guarantee of the full private balcony, but they only have water/pool view available which is a $355 difference (for 5 nights). My husband says he's okay with it, but I am still wrestling with if I should.

There's pros and cons either way: no counter service at Yacht Club, no place to refill mugs at Yacht club (must go to Hurricane Hannah's, Beaches and Cream or Beachclub Marketplace), and a little further walk to Epcot. Pros: Closer to boat dock for traveling to Epcot, closer to HS if you choose to walk. I don't so much care about the fact that it's not as beachy since we do a beach trip every year already. I do worry about the odor from Cape May Cafe' that some people complain of. My daughter is so sensitive to smell and though she loves seafood, I don't know if she could tolerate it.

We are not hard to please at all. Love to stay in nice places and expect people to be courteous and facilities to be clean. Enjoy being spoiled, but don't expect people to kiss our backsides. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that I know we'll be happy either place, but I really, really, really want a balcony. I just wish it could be guaranteed at the Beach Club. :headache:

Guess I'll switch to Yacht Club though because I have certainly heard that you should book the view you want to get bc then you won't be disappointed. :woohoo: JK. I haven't decided yet....

Lilo&Stitch, I am totally in the same dilemma! I am debating whether to change to Yacht Club for the guarantee of the full private balcony, but they only have water/pool view available which is a $355 difference (for 5 nights). My husband says he's okay with it, but I am still wrestling with if I should.

There's pros and cons either way: no counter service at Yacht Club, no place to refill mugs at Yacht club (must go to Hurricane Hannah's, Beaches and Cream or Beachclub Marketplace), and a little further walk to Epcot. Pros: Closer to boat dock for traveling to Epcot, closer to HS if you choose to walk. I don't so much care about the fact that it's not as beachy since we do a beach trip every year already. I do worry about the odor from Cape May Cafe' that some people complain of. My daughter is so sensitive to smell and though she loves seafood, I don't know if she could tolerate it.

We are not hard to please at all. Love to stay in nice places and expect people to be courteous and facilities to be clean. Enjoy being spoiled, but don't expect people to kiss our backsides. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that I know we'll be happy either place, but I really, really, really want a balcony. I just wish it could be guaranteed at the Beach Club. :headache:

Guess I'll switch to Yacht Club though because I have certainly heard that you should book the view you want to get bc then you won't be disappointed. :woohoo: JK. I haven't decided yet....

Hi We were trying to pick a resort & thought we were settled on the Yacht club, but water view is not available for when we want to go, so I was thinking about the Beach club, but also worry about no balcony... are there really smells from Cape May?? That's the first I have heard of that!

Hi We were trying to pick a resort & thought we were settled on the Yacht club, but water view is not available for when we want to go, so I was thinking about the Beach club, but also worry about no balcony... are there really smells from Cape May?? That's the first I have heard of that!

I haven't read anything on here about any odor, but read several reviews that mentioned it on tripadvisor. They also mentioned a musty odor in the rooms. I try to take any review with a grain of salt and try to make my own opinion.

When we were in Disneyland a few years ago, I ignored a lot of negative reviews I had read and ate at several restaraunts that had bad reviews thinking those people were over critical or just couldn't be pleased. It turns out the reviews had been right on. Same thing for our brief stay at Disneyland Hotel (we lasted only 2 nights and then changed over to Grand Californian). That's tough for me because I'm not too hard to please. Service or quality has to be really, really bad for me to not like it. And I usually don't complain or create a stink. It would have to be horrid for me to send my food back or request a change of rooms. Sooooo, I still need help with my decision!!!! BC or YC?????

I'm having my 2nd glass of wine right now and I must say....I'm feeling more and more at ease about calling to change to YC. :rotfl2:

We have stayed at BC and BCV over a dozen times and have never noticed a seafood smell. Maybe if you go and stand in the restaurant entrance but the Beach Club lobby has a great scent.

If a balcony is a priority, stay at YC. Half of BC rooms don't have them so your chances are about 50%.

If you won't have the kids I would suggest trying to get a studio at BCV. They all have either a patio or balcony, you have the kitchenette, even closer to Epcot and the bed and couch instead of 2 beds.
JMTC!

I stayed in the room directly above Cape May Cafe. I never detected the faintest odor of seafood - and I spent a lot of time on the balcony as well (it was a lovely huge balcony.)

I stayed in the room directly above Cape May Cafe. I never detected the faintest odor of seafood - and I spent a lot of time on the balcony as well (it was a lovely huge balcony.)

Thanks so much for that! I always read on here how amazing the lobby smells, etc. and so I was really thrown by the seafood odor comments on tripadvisor. I just wanted to put it out there to see if anyone else might've had an issue w/ smell.

We can't wait for May 20th to get here! 103 more days!!!!!:goodvibes

Bourquefam... So did that wine help you make the switch ? :rotfl: i'm glad to see i'm not the only one who wants a balcony so bad ! We live in Chicago so we don't get to sit outside often, the thought of relaxing on the balcony instead of inside the room is so appealing :lmao:

ProudMommyof2.. BCV was my first choice ! but unfortunately it's not available for my dates using my pin code

I'm surprised that they haven't split the room booking categories for the full and partial balconies at BC, considering that they made a lot of room category changes for 2011. I think people would prefer to pay a few dollars more to know for sure they were getting a full balcony (or in reverse, would be willing to take a discounted partial balcony if the balcony doesn't mean a lot to them) instead of playing a waiting game and maybe being disappointed. I would definitely be willing to pay a little less and take a partial balcony, since my trips are usually solo.

As far as seafood odor at YC, I hate seafood, and I've never smelled an odor when out on my balcony at YC. I have usually been in a room on the opposite side of the lobby from BC though, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter