Was this really Cinderella Castle?

While I prefer the castle as is, I didn't have a problem with the cakesle. I had seen the castle polenty of times and it was an interesting novelty. Kinda like a passholder pin for the mind. Sure, it was pink. REALLY REALLY pink. But I knew it wasn't permanent and got over it and reveled in its novelty.

Treesinger
I totally agree with you !
We celebrated at WDW during that time and thought the castle was neat. In person, it wasn't as garish as enhanced photos seem to show it.
For us, that's part of the Disney Magic--enjoying the differences seen around the parks as part of whatever theme they are celebrating.
We certainly got some once-in-a-lifetime pictures out of it. It went back to "normal", so que sara sara.....

Maybe our family is in the minority--but we like change !!
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

I remember that..... mmmmmmmmmm a castle made of cake...
infinity.gif

I posted earlier that I kinda liked it, but I had seen it previously without the cake and many times afterwards. If WDW wants to try new things with the castle for various events it's no big deal to me because I go three times a year,every year. That said, I can also understand the disappointment people would have had if after spending a year or so planning and saving for their once in a lifetime trip and the only memory of the castle is the cake version.

KNWVIKING...I'm with you on that one. We go plenty of times, so seeing the castle done up was amusing. However, it happened to be the year we took family to WDW. It was the first and only time my nieces saw the castle. They also missed out seeing some of the country pavillions in Epcot WS due to private parties. When I look at it through the eyes of a first and only visitor, then I get a bit more upset or irritated about it.

I know I am in the minority here, but I liked it.

I'll join Mimi Q...I liked it...it was temporary and fun..I have a framed picture in my living room..

I remember we were there the summer that they had just started working on it - as we pulled up to the MK , I said, "hey, why is half the castle painted pink??" I have pictures of it still... and then we went back during the celebration to see the "Cake" Castle. I was so happy when it returned to normal, but it was neat to see the transformation.

I thought it was very cleverly done, and I enjoyed it...but part of that was b/c I KNEW it wouldn't be a cake FOREVER...it was cute for the 18mo it was in place...

<center>
hello.gif
</center>
Well, I saw the castle cake and loved it! From what I am reading, it appears many adults didn't care for it, but I can't help but wonder how many children thought it was an absolutely magical sight and a memory they will never forget.

TBM

<center>
Dizznysmile.gif
</center>

Really, really hated it at first....but it kind of grew on me. Knowing that it was temporary helped. Now, I look back on the pictures (one in a collage in my living room) and it helps to bring back some great memories. Makes me laugh but sure would be mad if I, too, wasn't lucky enough to go quite often!

I never saw the castle in the shape of a cake in person, but looking at pictures I am amazed at this transformation. I think it is very, very funny to look at, and I think it must have been very neat to see the castle look like a cake in person, of course knowing that Cindy would be getting her castle back eventually.

Panthius

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter