Was this pin sold or was it a prize in a host game?

Fairy Dust

<font color=deeppink>*~*~*~*~*~*<br><font color=te
I know it's highly sought after now, but can't remember ever seeing it sold. Was it a Quest pin or Host game prize?

Is it called Tomorrowland ...something!?

1779tl_8_of_9.jpg

The pin was sold on July 16/17. It cost 250 credits.

Nobody bought it because they were buying Space Suits. :)

It's the Tomorrowland Retro (8/9) Pin. And yes. It is very highly sought by those that know about it.

(Including me :teeth: )

Thanks all. :)

Captain Brain, you have a good memory! :surfweb:

That was the weekend when I was trying to get past the first level for winning the space suit and failed everytime - LOL! :lmao:
Captain Brain said:
The pin was sold on July 16/17. It cost 250 credits.

Nobody bought it because they were buying Space Suits. :)

It was also given as a prize in various staff games and trades after that. (I managed to get a second one that way - I only bought one when they were out :) )

"Highly sought?" Really? I have two of them. Never heard it was valuable... I just liked the retro look. So now I could trade it for one of those really valuable Everest Chairs they only gave as prizes and... wait a minute. Never mind.

hagen

hagen said:
"Highly sought?" Really? I have two of them. Never heard it was valuable... I just liked the retro look. So now I could trade it for one of those really valuable Everest Chairs they only gave as prizes and... wait a minute. Never mind.

hagen

...or one of Mal's really rare backwards D pumpkins! :earboy2: :lmao:

Lol I always find it funny that people have this pin in their inventory and don't even realize it is EXTREMELY rare. Was it really only 250 credits?! Man those were the good ole days! I'll bet one day they will rerelease them...there just so darn pretty and people can't finish the 9 pin collection without it! :)

These pins are very rare and for a true pin collector a must have for their collection. Besides the pins you win for best room and game I am going to say that it is the most rare pin in VMK.

Pins seem to be the only thing that VMK has not rereleased. They have with costumes and hats and beta but no pins so far.

DementedRiku said:
Lol I always find it funny that people have this pin in their inventory and don't even realize it is EXTREMELY rare. Was it really only 250 credits?! Man those were the good ole days! I'll bet one day they will rerelease them...there just so darn pretty and people can't finish the 9 pin collection without it! :)

Then you can laugh at me too!
I just checked my inventory, and I have one..didn't even know that I did! :rotfl:

ahh... my favorite pin. I had never bought it way back, but have managed to trade for 4 of them. They trade for a fortune, other than inferno and staff clothes this is the biggest priced item in vmk.

Can someone please list the other pins in that series?? I have one of them, and have no idea which other pins are a part of that series. :confused3 Thanks :sunny:

P.S. I got my pin a few months ago from a DIS friend, as a gift. CapeCAD and I did have them last summer when they came out, but we didn't realize how rare they were, or would become, and we gave them away to friends shortly after they came out. :rolleyes1

SeaSpray said:
Can someone please list the other pins in that series?? I have one of them, and have no idea which other pins are a part of that series. :confused3 Thanks :sunny:

P.S. I got my pin a few months ago from a DIS friend, as a gift. CapeCAD and I did have them last summer when they came out, but we didn't realize how rare they were, or would become, and we gave them away to friends shortly after they came out. :rolleyes1

Hi,

The pins in the series are:

item.2012=The Haunted Mansion (1/9)
item.2013=Fantasyland Castle Retro Pin
item.2014=The Enchanted Tiki Room (3/9)
item.2015=Adventureland Retro Pin
item.2016=Disneyland (5/9)
item.2017=The Pirates of the Caribbean (6/9)
item.2018=The Matterhorn (7/9)
item.2019=Tomorrowland (8/9)
item.2020=it's a small world (9/9)

You may notice that the Fantasyland Castle Retro Pin and the Adventureland Retro Pin have had the numbers removed. They are indeed 2 and 4 of the series respectively. No one knows why they have renamed these pins. :confused3

If you look in It's a Small World Imports, the pin is sold with the number but then mysteriously changes name to the Fantasyland Castle Retro Pin.

All pins in the set are buyable except for Adventureland Retro Pin, which is quest only, the Disneyland (5/9) Pin, which was available at DLR, and the Tomorrowland (8/9) Pin, which was sold during celebration weekend and then given by staff for prizes occasionally. (The Fantasyland Castle pin is quest, but is also buyable)

Hope that helps! :thumbsup2

blizzard said:
Hi,

The pins in the series are:

item.2012=The Haunted Mansion (1/9)
item.2013=Fantasyland Castle Retro Pin
item.2014=The Enchanted Tiki Room (3/9)
item.2015=Adventureland Retro Pin
item.2016=Disneyland (5/9)
item.2017=The Pirates of the Caribbean (6/9)
item.2018=The Matterhorn (7/9)
item.2019=Tomorrowland (8/9)
item.2020=it's a small world (9/9)

You may notice that the Fantasyland Castle Retro Pin and the Adventureland Retro Pin have had the numbers removed. They are indeed 2 and 4 of the series respectively. No one knows why they have renamed these pins. :confused3

If you look in It's a Small World Imports, the pin is sold with the number but then mysteriously changes name to the Fantasyland Castle Retro Pin.

All pins in the set are buyable except for Adventureland Retro Pin, which is quest only, the Disneyland (5/9) Pin, which was available at DLR, and the Tomorrowland (8/9) Pin, which was sold during celebration weekend and then given by staff for prizes occasionally. (The Fantasyland Castle pin is quest, but is also buyable)

Hope that helps! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the information - now I have to take a look at my collection to see what I have.

I think that those pins look so old and I never bother buying them. They all look the same to me! LOL :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter