• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Was This An Outrageous Price? Hair Related

Is $175 a lot for a cut and highlight?

• Sounds about right to me.

• OMG - Go get your money back!!!

• Theres always gotta be an "other"

Results are only viewable after voting.

SharpMomOfTwo

DIS Veteran
I went and got my hair cut and highlighted. He did a lot of highlighting, but very little cutting, and the total was $175. Was this a :scared1: price or a :confused3 price?

Depends where you go. :)

That's what mine comes to, including the tip. If you don't count the tip, I pay a little less. I've paid more, though.

This happened to me once. Some color and very little cutting for 200 dollars! I never went back again

I would have fallen over and fainted. It's about $100.00 more than I have ever paid. I don't have really long hair though.

I get a color and a highlight with a cut and eyebrows for about $75.00 here. It doesn't include the tip but still.

I used to live in Phoenix and I paid more but I don't remember it being that much more.

Depends on where you want. I know when I lived back home in Jersey, a really good place would run you about that much.

I have to ask though, did you not inquire about the price before you went? And do you like the result?

That's about what I pay for a cut and highlight (with tip). I think it goes without saying that haircuts of that price for me only happen maybe once or twice a year lol. The place I get my hair done is the only place I trust with scissors anywhere within a ten foot radius of my head, however lol.

Yikes! I hope it was worth it.

The most I've ever paid was for cut, color, and highlight -- around $120 with tip. Thankfully my stylist opened her own shop in her home and charges much less. So I can pay around $75 for all that.

I think for your area the cost was in the ballpark, for a touchup, highlighting and a haircut (no blowout) its about $150 not including tips.

Arlene

it really does depend on where you go. if $$ is an issue, for any reason, you need to ask what the cost is ahead of time.

I went to Newbury Street in Boston Yesterday as a walk-in at the salon my son goes to. He pays $40 for a cut plus tip...I got a cut and a one process color and it came to $210 not including the tip
YIKES at the price, but my hair looks the best it ever has. I'm not sure if I'll go back so I'm really enjoying the color and cut!

I never come out under $200, especially after tipping the washer, colorist, and stylist. You're in NJ - sounds just about right (a little cheaper than where I am, but I see you're south of me).

I pay 60.00 for color and foil highlights. A haircut with that would be 75.00.

Whew, I just paid $90, including a $10.00 tip for a cut and color last night. I wasn't expecting that. For some reason I thought this single business guy was cheap

I thought that's what mine would be at a new neighborhood salon. It ended up being $225. That's not including the tip. :scared1:

He said to come back in 6 weeks for a touch up. Yeah, right. I'll see you in 6 months.

I have long (past my shoulders), incredibly thick hair. The last time I paid for highlights and a wash/cut/blow dry (which took 5 hours, I have a LOT of hair), I paid $180. That was two years ago - realised I couldn't keep up paying that much on *hair*.

I pay 55$ (tip not included!) for color, highlights, cut, eyebrows! I get so many compliments on my hair. I'm not sure what I would do if I had to pay that every 6 weeks!! YIKES!

I've gotta show this thread to my husband.

He'll appreciate his wife who goes to Supercuts and just wears her natural hair color. :)

I hate that it costs you all so much! The most I've ever paid for a hair cut was $45. I've never got highlights in a salon. I've done them at home, though, and they looked nice.

I've been told I have "good hair," though, so I guess that makes a difference.

WOW!:scared1: But I agree with PP, it is dependant upon your location and your hair:)

I live in "small town" WV and don't have long or "a lot" of hair(shoulder length). I pay about $65.00 plus tip. My stylist also does "dry trims"for me every 6 weeks for $5.00!?!:thumbsup2 I LOVE her:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter