• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Was there ever a two story gift shop at epcot?

BrettS

DIS Veteran
When I was maybe 12 my family took a trip to Disney. We spent several days at Epcot and I remember going into a gift shop with a second floor that had watches and other techy stuff up there. I remember begging my parents for a watch each time we went in there and they finally bought it on the last day. Nothing like that exists at epcot now. Did it ever exist or is my memory playing tricks on me? This would have probably been in the mid to late 80’s.

I found this comment on a blog post. Guess this answers my question. Apparently Mouse Gear opened in 1999, so it definitely wasn’t Mouse Gear.

----------------

The location prior to MouseGear was called Centorium. It opened on October 1, 1982 in what was once called CommuniCore East. It wasn’t as large as MouseGear; it basically stopped where the doors to Test Track are located. You also may recall that CommuniCore East was also home to the Electronic Forum – a theater where guests could vote (including voting for the “Person of the Century”). That area occupied what is now the kids area in MouseGear.

I remember going up to the 2nd floor in that store, but not what they sold there.

Edit: I just saw a mention on the site "Lost Epcot" that they did sell watches on the 2nd floor.

I have been trying to remember all the changes that have been made in the last 25 years since I first went. Love having new but missing the old as well. :charac2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter