• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Was there any date that MVMCP WASN'T overcrowded??

I remember someone posting that the Thursday 12/11 night was not that bad. I went on 12/9 and it was absolutely horrible. My advice for anyone planning on going next year is to plan 2 or 3 nights that you could possibly go and wait till the day of to buy your tickets. If there are tickets available, you have a chance of having a decent night, if its sold out already, you don't want to be there! LOL!

Ha! That's a good idea :)

Have naver gone to a xmas party. This year we are planning a trip from Dec 13th to the 18th. Hoping to go to a party in that time frame.

We went November 30. Other than Main Street and the Hub (which WERE packed), the rest of the park was not too bad.

Although I wasn't able to go this past year, for several years I've gone to Disney during the week following Thanksgiving. i arrive on the saturday following Thanksgiving and stay for a week. usually, there's a VMCP at some point midweek which I attend, and I've never really found it to be overly crowded. In fact, I've been very pleased with parkattendance overall during that particular week. the first day or two is crowded as people who were there for thanksgiving break wrap up their stay, but the rest of the week tends to be great!

12/7 (Sunday) wasn't bad at all. We waited about 10 mins for Peter Pan, Snow White with about a 5 minute wait (unheard of!) and IaSW was a walk on. HM had almost no wait too.

We went November 20 and I didn't feel that it was overly crowded. It WAS more crowded than the Pirates Princess back in January 08, but that was all I had to compare it to.

We went to Twas the Night first thing since I'd heard that can be pretty tough to get into....we stood in line about 30 minutes before the show and there was maybe 20-30 people who got there before us....we sat in the center section second row (first row was roped off or we'd have been there).

We saw Tink and friends with maybe a 15 minute wait....then hoped the rope because there was no one coming and saw the Princesses within minutes.

We saw the parade, fireworks, Beauty's storytime, got the terrible hot chocolate/cookies, got lots of character interactions, spent way too long at the dance parties (I'm old, lol).....and went on a lot of rides, often with a longer time spent walking through the que than waiting in it. We rode Pirates twice without anyone in our boat or the boat ahead/behind us.....it was pretty cool being all alone, lol.

The parade crowd on Main Street was definitely thick, but we stood behind a family that was sitting, so we saw just fine and got great photos. The fireworks crowd in front of the castle was also pretty heavy, but everyone where we were was sitting on the cement, so while it was cold on the bottom, the view was unobstructed and wonderful.

In reading all the advice on the various "guide" websites, we chose to go early in our trip, because they all said the closer you get to the holiday the more crowded it would be and reading DISers, sounds like they were right.

I had actually budgeted to go a second time in case we couldn't get everything done that we wanted to......but we decided there was not enough that we wanted to do again to justify the expense. Instead we had two TS meals that we hadn't planned with the cash, lol.

So my advice.....go early!

We were there November 20th as well and the only time i ever noticed huge crowds was right after Wishes. Otherwise we did everything we wanted with very little wait. Several members of our party rode Splash Mountain 4 times without getting off.

We went to our first MVMCP on November 20th as well. I don't have anything to compare it to, as this was our first hard ticket event, but we didn't think the crowds were bad at all. We went to the first 'Twas show, caught up with lots of characters, rode lots of rides in Fantasyland, danced with the StepSisters, watched the fireworks, had more than enough cocoa and cookies, and had a seat on a bench in Frontierland for the second parade. The night couldn't have gone smoother for us! We really really enjoyed it and would definitely do it again!:santa: -Kelly

12/7 (Sunday) wasn't bad at all. We waited about 10 mins for Peter Pan, Snow White with about a 5 minute wait (unheard of!) and IaSW was a walk on. HM had almost no wait too.

:thumbsup2 12/7 was great! We also sent Friday 12/12 and had an amazing time! I think it's what the other posters said, you need to have a touring plan. I would avoid Tuesdays because everyone seems to plan their MVMCP for the middle of the week. I went against what everyone advised and got tickets for a Sunday and a Friday. The Friday was even less crowded! We went with an open mind too, that helps. We decided to go to Frontierland and watch the parade. Nobody was there! We stood outside of the Diamond Horseshoe saloon for about 15 minutes before the parade. We took turns getting hot chocolate and cookies and we took turns getting our pictures with Woody, Jessie and Bullseye. We rode many rides, saw the shows we wanted and met the special characters. :santa:

We went Tues. Dec 16 and it was sold out. We didn't do any of the rides or character meet and greets and stayed in the hub to make sure we had a spot for the parade and fireworks and did 'Twas the Night after the fireworks. We thought it was super crowded, but we had a blast. We also did the dance party at Cosmic Rays and were lucky enough to get a seat down front before it started to eat and enjoy watching the girls dance. They loved it. But we knew there were going to be lots of people and just planned on it being crazy. We would go again in a heartbeat.

I was there 12/11--it wasn't bad at all. We walked on to most rides. The crowds were manageable. I think it was because it was a full price night--and I agree with the previous poster who mentioned that. I also figured it wouldn't be too bad because a friend who lives locally was able to get a ticket for the party a day or 2 before it, it wasn't sold out.

Seems like the premium dates are less crowded than the advanced purchase dates and AP discount dates.

Did anyone go on 12/19 or 12/5 which were other premium dates not commented on?

We went to the very first MVMCP on Tuesday Nov. 11th. It was not crowded. We heard a lot of people confused as to why they had to leave the park. Most of the comments we heard were how people didn't even know it was a party night.

We walked on to all the rides. The longest line we waited in was for the cookies and hot chocolate. But even that was only 5 minutes. As it got later the lines for the cookies and hot chocolate were even shorter. It was really cold and by the last hour the park seemed empty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter