Was ready to kill someone's kid at Disney!!!

dejr_8

<font color=CC00FF>DIS Veteran<br><font color=33CC
This was the maddest we have ever been on Disney Property. Here's the story...

My 5 yo DS started collecting pressed pennies. We went to the lobby at POR to use the machine. Just as we put the money into the machine, this kid (probably 7-9 yo) runs by and hits one of the buttons on the machines (Three button per machine for different designs). I yelled HEY as the little jerk ran back to his family who were oblivious to what he had done. People in the lobby (which was packed because of the rain Friday night) looked at me. If looks could kill both my wife and I would be up on murder charges for that little brat!!!

Now here is the real kicker to the story. There is a machine in the back of Fulton 's General Store. So we headed to that one. The kid saw where we were going and ran back to the machine and sat in a chair that is right next to it. My wife and older son blocked him from touching the machine while my younger son made his choice. As soon as we were done, he went back to the Lobby to be with his family.

I still can't believe that this happened and the parents had no idea what their brat was doing. Just needed to vent and share the experience..

Can anyone top this??

That's terrible, what a selfish thoughtless kid! Never had anything very bad happen, but last time we noticed just how much ruder visitors to park had got. Just things like waiting in line for boats/buses etc and people just walking right on infront of us and people seeing it okay to place 'one member of their family/party' in the line for the ride and right at the last minute 10 more people join them...that really annoys me! So much so we both commented on it and never have done previously. I did say a rather sarcastic comment out loud when one family did this, the woman turned round and i just 'smiled'.

how about a kid kicking me in the shin while the parents laughed. i said that's not very nice, then the father got in my face and told me not to scold his kids and asked why i thought i was better than them.:rolleyes1 :sad2:

I can't top your story, but I have seen so much inappropriate behavior by unsupervised kids at WDW it would make your head spin.

Now that our kids are older (16 + 13), they observe this behavior and just shake their heads. DD always notes that if they behaved in that manner when they were that age they would have been punished on the spot.

I realize people are on vacation and some have never been to WDW before. However, that is no excuse to leave your common sense at home. I think the bigger problem is that the parents don't discipline their kids anywhere, so why should WDW be any different.

That stinks! Here's my story:

DDs (ages 9 and 6) waited for 35 minutes to see the High School Musical Pep Rally at MGM. Since we waited so long (in the July heat and humidity), we were right up front. Everything was great until the performers got out the inflatable basketballs. They were going around, tossing balls to the kids and having them throw them through hoops. My DD9 was given a ball, and scored a hoop - she was so excited!:cheer2:

Then this young woman behind us starts pushing through, saying, "Excuse me, excuse me - - my son needs to get up front to get a basketball - excuse me, excuse me!" (one of my pet peeves is that people think "Excuse me," means "Get out of my way!" It doesn't.)

So I'm all for letting the kids up front, and he was little (like 4), so I told DD to let him up. The mom is pushing us, and yelling to the performers, "OVER HERE! OVER HERE!! HE DIDN'T GET TO THROW THE BALL!!!!"

It didn't work. That part of the show was over. DD let the kid stay in front of her. Big mistake. The kid starts leaning backward and PUSHING my DD with his body - - really hard! At first, I said things like, "Oops! Careful sweetie! She's right behind you" to the kid. (I'm a kindergarten teacher; I know how to handle kids this age!)

But he kept pushing. AND stepping on her toes.

So I turned to the mom and said, "You guys need to go back to where you were. Your little guy is hurting my daughter. Enjoy the show!" And DD and I nudged our way back in front of them. She had some choice words for us, but DH stepped in and told her that we'd waited 35 minutes for the show, and she needed to calm down. She said she was going to go "find someone" to deal with us.

Right.

well on my last trip, it was just me and my Mother. This was kind of a little "break from kids" trip for me so I really honestly was not in the mood to play the "oh your child is so adorable" game.

A girl probably about 4 or 5 years old gets onto a bus, sits down next to me and starts talking.

and talking.

the she demands I hold her balloon and her backpack for her.
then she demands I tie her shoes for her.....

by this point I'm shooting her parents the "kid your kid away from me please" look.......Parents deliberately both look at me and close their eyes and pretend to sleep.

Then she wants me to sing some song with her and tells me I'm stupid for not knowing the words.

Then she demands to know why I didn't do a better job of putting on my make-up that day.

I think it was at that point that I said "I think YOU need to go sit next to your Mom now."

all the sudden Mom is awake and informing me that her daughter can sit wherever she wants.

That was a trip that my Mom and I came up with the "Over Princessed" theory of Disney. By the time all those little girls spend 2 days in Disney, they start to believe all that sparkly make-up and those fake tiaras really HAVE made them into Princesses and they can act accordingly.

The last time we were at WDW, we stayed at the Swan and rode the elevator up with a family. When they got off on their floor, one of the kids decided to press every single elevator button, so we had to stop at every single floor on the way to ours. Very rude. :mad:

Two stories, but your's is better...

I was standing in line at Beaches & Cream to go to get some drinks while we waited for our table. This mother and little girl (probably 4-5) were behind me. The girl starts screaming "I want ice cream!" Mom is saying very calmly, "yes, honey, we're getting ice cream." She keeps screaming "I want ice cream, I want ice cream NOW!" On the "now," her hand rears back and slaps my bare leg. I turned around...mom is still saying very calmly "yes, honey, not too much longer, we're getting ice cream." I got my drinks and went back outside. A few minutes later, out comes the mother and girl..she is still screaming "Give me my ice cream! I want it now!" I swear, even without slapping a total stranger, if my kid had been acting like that, we would not have gotten ice cream!

Yesterday, DH and I did Astro Orbiter for the first time. We get up to the front where we are waiting to get on the elevator. There was a loud group of teenagers waiting to get on the other elevator. The doors for their elevator opens and the CM tells them to get on. Suddenly, two more teenagers run from somewhere outside of the line, hop the rope, and get on the elevator with the group (they were obviously all together, the rest of the group was laughing). So of course, when we get up to the top, the count is wrong and this other couple has to sit out, and then the next group is off, etc. How rude!

well on my last trip, it was just me and my Mother. This was kind of a little "break from kids" trip for me so I really honestly was not in the mood to play the "oh your child is so adorable" game.

What? You mean you're not ALWAYS in the mood for that game??? :confused3

I think I'm more often NOT in the mood for it. :laughing: I guess I'm getting curmudgeonly in my old age.

I swear, even without slapping a total stranger,

that's oddly reminiscent of a story I got reminded of earlier today.

About 6 years ago some poster comes to the DIS and tell of her son with ADHD, which was the diagnosis du jour back then for really bad behavior.

Anyway, she and her son were standing in a line and a bug or a butterfly or something comes by. The bug lands on the back of the head of a lady in front of them. This lady's son reaches out and slaps the bug -- in the process slapping the lady in front of them upside the head. hard.

Chaos ensues, the gentleman with the lady was furious and about ready to strangle the kid. The mother of the adhd child was all disturbed that others couldn't be more understanding of her child's disability.

Uh sorry, but if your child has some disability that he is unable to control an urge to slap complete strangers upside the head, then I'm thinking a Doctor's note and a disability pass for the alternate waiting area might be in order. :sad1:

It is truly amazing how some parents are totally clueless (or just pretending to be clueless) about how their kids are behaving. I am amazed in Toby's Friend's post that the parents let that little girl sit with a total stranger and act like that without stopping her. My story from my last trip actually involves a mom. We were at the Muppets in MGM. The doors opened and DS picked a row for us to go all the way down. I was last in line in the family and ready to get into the row when out of nowhere, a woman runs in front of me and waves her family to go in front of me down the same row. I told her that I would like to sit with MY family for the show and walked in front of her to catch up with the family. She just gave me a disgusted look and tried the same thing at the next row. It's just a little thing but part of the rudeness that I did see more of this trip. I do try to ignore it and have a good time.

These stories are very interesting.

Dh and I went without the kids for the first time a couple years ago. It was so nice until we got to the Haunted Mansion. I was pretty excited to ride this WITHOUT kids. While we were in the streching room I feel a little hand grasp mine. I look down to see a terrified little girl. I smile down at her and ask where her mother is. She says she doesn't know. WHAT!!?? So we looked around the room and found her. She told her mom that she was scared and wanted to go on the ride with us. Her mom says fine. Again WHAT!!?? I say I'm sorry sweetie but I need to ride with him and point to my husband. The mother glares at me and says "That's pretty rude, can't you see she's scared?" I had no idea what to say to the mother so I just walked faster to catch up to DH. Thank goodness we didn't see them after the ride because DH had a few choice words for her. I just wanted to forget about it and enjoy the rest of our trip WITHOUT kids.

I guess nobody has heard about the new rule at WDW...

As of September 1st, you are allowed to slap the crap out of any kid who misbehaves and their parents, too!

Not really, but it made me feel better to say it.

This was the maddest we have ever been on Disney Property. Here's the story...

My 5 yo DS started collecting pressed pennies. We went to the lobby at POR to use the machine. Just as we put the money into the machine, this kid (probably 7-9 yo) runs by and hits one of the buttons on the machines (Three button per machine for different designs). I yelled HEY as the little jerk ran back to his family who were oblivious to what he had done. People in the lobby (which was packed because of the rain Friday night) looked at me. If looks could kill both my wife and I would be up on murder charges for that little brat!!!

Now here is the real kicker to the story. There is a machine in the back of Fulton 's General Store. So we headed to that one. The kid saw where we were going and ran back to the machine and sat in a chair that is right next to it. My wife and older son blocked him from touching the machine while my younger son made his choice. As soon as we were done, he went back to the Lobby to be with his family.

I still can't believe that this happened and the parents had no idea what their brat was doing. Just needed to vent and share the experience..

Can anyone top this??

I can't stand brats. However, there are plenty of folks here who will first scold you for using the word brat and then come up with plenty of excuses as to how this was all your fault and not the fault of the brat or his idiotic parents.

The kid was a jerk, the parents are oblivamoos (emphasis on the moo) and I'm glad you were able to get the coin your son wanted.

Dh and I went without the kids for the first time a couple years ago. It was so nice until we got to the Haunted Mansion. I was pretty excited to ride this WITHOUT kids. While we were in the streching room I feel a little hand grasp mine. I look down to see a terrified little girl. I smile down at her and ask where her mother is. She says she doesn't know. WHAT!!?? So we looked around the room and found her. She told her mom that she was scared and wanted to go on the ride with us. Her mom says fine. Again WHAT!!?? I say I'm sorry sweetie but I need to ride with him and point to my husband. The mother glares at me and says "That's pretty rude, can't you see she's scared?" I had no idea what to say to the mother so I just walked faster to catch up to DH. Thank goodness we didn't see them after the ride because DH had a few choice words for her. I just wanted to forget about it and enjoy the rest of our trip WITHOUT kids.

:eek:
Regardless of whether she wanted to ride with you or not, not only was it not rude of you to not allow her but who lets their child get on a WDW attraction supervised by complete strangers????

As of September 1st, you are allowed to slap the crap out of any kid who misbehaves and their parents, too!

:lmao: :lmao:

:eek:
Regardless of whether she wanted to ride with you or not, not only was it not rude of you to not allow her but who lets their child get on a WDW attraction supervised by complete strangers????

Totally agree!

Two stories, but your's is better...

I was standing in line at Beaches & Cream to go to get some drinks while we waited for our table. This mother and little girl (probably 4-5) were behind me. The girl starts screaming "I want ice cream!" Mom is saying very calmly, "yes, honey, we're getting ice cream." She keeps screaming "I want ice cream, I want ice cream NOW!" On the "now," her hand rears back and slaps my bare leg. I turned around...mom is still saying very calmly "yes, honey, not too much longer, we're getting ice cream." I got my drinks and went back outside. A few minutes later, out comes the mother and girl..she is still screaming "Give me my ice cream! I want it now!" I swear, even without slapping a total stranger, if my kid had been acting like that, we would not have gotten ice cream!

Sounds like the opening scene from Whatever Happened to Baby Jane.

But you can still smile at the parents and politely remind them that there is a Mayan sacrifical temple at Epcot. :goodvibes

Yeah, you let one of my kids even THINK that they can act like these little brats. I'd snatch them bald!!

I do appreciate my kids a lot more after reading some of these stories. They don't seem so bad now!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter