Was it me or just a regular Monday at Disney?

jedijuhl

Mouseketeer
I've been to DLR numerous times over the years and never had the day we had today with rides being down.

We were at the front gate before opening. Walked along main street up to the CM's with the rope barricades in the hub.

1.Our first ride as laid out in our Ridemax app was going to be the Matterhorn. When we got to the turnstile we were told it was down as the maintenance that had been started over night was not completed yet.

2.Next we headed over to do Indy to grab FP's. No luck as the ride was down and no FP's were being distributed.

3.Then we headed over to do BTMRR which happily was up and running and with absolutely no wait at all. Of note is that as we were on our way to BTMRR we noticed that POTC was also no open yet due to "mechanical difficulties". It was the same after we rode BTMRR as well.

We ended up scrapping our initial plans and ended up making the most of our morning and then headed over to DCA around 1:00pm.

We enjoyed Alladin and TOT without a hitch and decided to head I've to CS.

4. When we arrived at around 4pm... Yep you guessed it.... It was down.

Again we made the most of our remainder of the day and any time at Disney can't be all that bad so don't take this as me overly complaining. I was just wondering if that is fairly normal seeing as we are in the peak season and I would have thought that there would have been better planning for "maintenance". Also there was never any update that we came across, either entering the park or at the hub prior to opening to indicate that the rides were down.

Our Disney vacation is almost over..... Already thinking of our next one :woohoo:

Business as usual. Last summer I remember Matterhorn being one of the last rides they got going in the early mornings. Indy constantly breaks down, always has. I haven't come across CS closed, TOT I have. RSR was closed often back then. But, all of these were just summer at DL, unplanned temporary closures. (What hurts is when you're tired at the end of your trip & waiting for the monorail at DTD, watched it load a time or two- and then it breaks, that one kinda hurts.) Thankfully there are tons of other things to do in park & usually you can go back a little while later and the ride is running again. It sounds like your closures weren't planned though, so they wouldn't be on the official ride closure list unless it was something major.

I was there yesterday (Monday) and we rode many rides multiple times, with many breaks in between. We didn't encounter rides breaking down.

We were there yesterday too. Didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. Matterhorn was down and then back up, same with Indy. That is pretty common. Rides go down and up. What we did love was that we have gone the first week of June the last few years, and figured July would be more crowded, but it us actually a lot less crowded. Yesterday was great at DL!

Yes its relatively normal and thus I've learned to accept. Part of the package nowadays. Getting the 5 day tickets helps tremendously in this regard.

I'm here now. Yesterday POTC was closed at 9:30. It opened shortly after to long lines. Today as of 10:30, it has not opened yet. Rode Indy at 8:30 this morning. Waited 15 mins while it broke down. Noticed that Mark Twain didn't start going until after 9am. That whole side of the park was dead until after 10. Walked on Splash Mtn & WTP. Took the train over to Tomorrowland. That's where today's crowds went. Still not bad.

Last night Radiator Springs was down just when our fast passes were valid...

Today, the same with Indy. Pirates was down for part of the morning as well. Otto said that Star Tours and Grizzly River were down at 1:30.

I think it was just bad luck. Every day rides go down at various points but you had a particularly bad run of luck. Indy consistently breaks down on a regular basis but all of the other ride you mentioned tend to be up most of the time unless its a high winds day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter