Was I rude??

You can leave you stuff in the Hand Basket! You should have told her.... I know you want to be me my husbands not cheating on me. ;)

grlpwrd said:
Is this at the Yorktown, Newport News, or Hampton WalMart?

I've encountered ruder comments at all of them. lol ... No, I don't think you were rude - just practical. :thumbsup2

That's cute about the tiara...I miss your signature picture!

Yorktown. I avoid Newport News and Hampton WalMarts at all cost but apparently Yorktown is getting just as bad. :(

Thanks! I should put the picture back on but I think it's a bit of a misrepresentation as I was 19 in that picture and 30 lbs. lighter. Ahhh, to be 19 again! :teeth:

kami2199 said:
Give me a break! I swear, some people have nothing better to do than stir up trouble! I would never dream of acting that way and I think it is childish for somebody to have done it. Don't worry about it, you were not rude. I would have been fuming if someone acted that way towards me.

I KNOW!! I would have said it dosne't concern you and left. I would be annoyed too so I don't think that was rude

No you were not rude. I have had some cashiers tell me to leave the stuff in the basket. I have had some cashiers ask me to take the stuff out of the basket. If the cashier didn't seem annoyed by it, don't worry about it.

As for the lady behind...now she was rude!!! I never think fast enough to respond, usually, but just give people a sort of withering stare, especially when they are glaring at me. I can glare back with the best of them!!!!

RUDE = LADY BEHIND YOU HUFFING AND PUFFING AND MAKING COMMENTS ABOUT THINGS NOT HER BUSINESS...

NICE = YOU - FOR NOT TELLING HER WHERE YOU WOULD LIKE TO PUT YOUR BASKET...

JMHO... :teeth:

There are a couple of issues. The first being what the cashiers prefer, which probably are different depending on the store, the cashier, and the situation. In this case there wasn't a line, so it was probably faster for her to ring you up straight from the basket as opposed to waiting for you to unload and then ring you up. But some would prefer for you to unload and leave the basket with the others before the belt and others would prefer to ring up from the basket.

I would have been tempted to ask the cashier who the rude one was. And you know what her answer would have been.

The second issue, of course, was even if the cashier preferred you to unload the basket, that, uh, witch, to put it nicely, was totally out of line. She has a corn cob strategically placed in a body cavity that she needs to have surgically removed!

But I do agree with one thing--I would prefer to be you than her. She is a wickedly miserable person. I feel for someone who is that nasty. I'm sorry that you had that encounter, but chalk it up to a mean person and don't take it personally.

What did she want you to do...just turn the basket over, and dump it all out onto the counter?

Sheesh. I really don't like Wal-Mart anyways :P

:confused3 Maybe she was still upset about 3 teenagers coming to her door last night. :confused3

:angel: :joker: :crazy:

That lady should thank her lucky stars she wasn't behind Tiggersmom...... ;)

I think it would have been really hilarious if the checker had looked at her order and said "I'm sorry, this is the express line and you have too many items".

That lady needs to UP her Prozac and quick! :crazy2:

O.K. I am a manager of a Supermarket and I have seen and heard IT ALL!!!! :furious:

Yes, it is much easier and faster if the customer takes the items out of the basket. As a matter of fact, just the other day a cashier asked me if it was o.k. if she asks the customer to unload the basket if they just place it on the belt and my anwser to her was "No". Just do it. Our cashiers are rated on how fast they can scan the items, so those types of things slow them down.

Like another poster said, all companies are different.

Don't let it bother you. There always seems to be a crab in the crowd. She was rude, not you.

I was a cashier many moons ago. We didn't have the moving belts, so I actually preffered the stuff to stay in the basket and I would take it all out. Easier to keep track of everything.

At the express lanes at our Target, the counter is so small, that they prefer you to keep the stuff in the basket.

It wasn't rude at all.

NLC23--> ::yes:: YES you were incredibly rude...

....NOT! that woman sounds like she's CRAZY :crazy: BTW was she my FILs wife?!?! :lmao: she's kinda wierd and annoying like that!! ::yes::

sorry you had a bad run-in!!

isn't it amazing how you can always think of GREAT comebacks after you walk away??

NeverlandClub23 said:
Maybe I was but I'm not sure. I just got back from WalMart. I had a handbasket with about 10 items in it. I went to one of the many express lanes that were open with no lines. I walked up and placed my basket with all of the items in it on the counter adn the cashier started taking items out and ringing them up. As I was standing there this woman pulls up behind me with a basket. I can feel her eyeballs glaring at me. A few seconds later in a huffy voice she says "I wish I could be you". I kind of laughed (I always laugh when nervous or I don't understand what someone is saying as usually they are trying to make some kind of a joke) and looked at her. She just glared at me. I said "What?" and she says "You should have taken the stuff out of the basket. That's so rude" and rolls her eyes. I didn't know what to say as no one usually confronts me. So I kind of said back, laughing "Oh, I've been told before that's what they wanted" (which is true, I have had other cashiers at WalMart just tell me to put the basket up there). She then says "Oh? She told you too? Mmmm hmmm..." and rolls her eyes again. She then is huffing and puffing that apparently it's taking so long and is making it very obvious she's looking at the other lines. I just quickly finished and left but I was so mad. The cashier was extremely nice to me. On the way out I kept thinking I should have told her it's none of her business. Which is true. But then I started thinking if that's rude or not. I don't know as I've never been a cashier at a store before. I won't do it again if it is considered something rude (and not just by some lady who thought it was her right to tell everyone else how to do things). But then again I probably won't do it again as I hate being confronted about anything as I have horrible anxiety. Thanks for letting me vent.
Hey, which Walmart was it at. I really hope it wasn't the one in Lightfoot. But if it was, remember that most people are not that rude. You were fine, she was rude. What you had in your basket and how you were handling it with the cashier was none of her business. If the cashier was having a problem with the way you placed the items on the line, she would have told you. That other woman just needs to get over it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter